“What a great find!”

Cuisines: Central American
Providence, Rhode Island
“What a great find!”
Reviewed 18 June 2011

My husband and went to Mosaic Latin American Bistro because I had a Groupon. I am really glad I purchased that!! Don't be put off by the fact that this restaurant is in an old mill complex - it's absolutely charming. While the menu is not extensive, it is an eclectic mix of salads, appetizers, and entrees from many different countries in Central and South America and the Caribbean. We decided to each have a salad and then split 3 appetizers between us, and this was more than enough food as two of the appetizers were meant to be split. All accompanied by a pitcher of great sangria. From that experience, I would venture to guess there's not a bad thing on the menu. In fact, the empanadas are so popular that they are often out of them. Everything is a la carte, and our total bill (without tip) was $95.

We were there on a Saturday evening, and had arrived at about 7. We didn't need reservations at that time, but any later than that and reservations are definitely a must on a Saturday. They have live music - a duo that plays standard Spanish songs - and the restaurant fills up with people who come for the music and the food. We stayed for awhile to enjoy the music, too. We are definitely planning on going back for the food and the music.

• Visited June 2011