Annie Brownell House Bed & Breakfast
US$202
US$173
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This was a very nice bed and breakfast. The location was excellent, close to Wayland Square. I enjoyed our room, as our bed was very comfy and it was clean. The bathroom was located across the hall, but was clean as well. The house had an English feel to it, and felt very European to me. For breakfast, the innkeeper made us walnut pancakes and a fresh fruit salad, which I enjoyed. Overall, I had a nice stay.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Dana D
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Annie was a gracious host. She was very accommodating to our numerous questions and requests. We had the ground floor room as my sister cannot negotiate many stairs. The bed was extremely comfortable and the dressing room and bathroom were quite nice. The home itself is full of the lovely features of Victorian period homes- moldings, wainscoting and wide halls. The living room is a relaxing place to read a book or watch TV. The dining room is elegant and the breakfasts were delicious. The other guests were a combination of those passing through and return guests who appreciated the location, comfort and hospitality that this B&B offers. Our three night stay ended too soon but I will be returning because it felt like a home away from home.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2013

We stayed at this B&B last week while traveling the New England states. While we found the accomodations wonderful, Annie was a bit unpredicatble. It took her over 5 minutes to answer the door and once she did, shes stated she had been taking a nap, She then stared at us, not introducing herself or welcoming us inside! Later, we had food delivered for dinner and her aged dog was allowed to stand at my knee, begging to be fed and panting on me while I tried to eat. At no time was Annie rude or condescending, but she seemed a tad "out of it"; tired and uninterested. The home was clean and tastefully decorated and the beds were comfortable. The location is great, although the parking area is small and difficult to navigate if you drive an SUV. Probably not anyplace we would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Michelle L
Reviewed 5 October 2013

My first thought was NO......I had a bedroom in the front of the house on Angell St, and had to be up at 5 that next morning. There were no extra rooms, but Angell St is not that busy at night. I actually had a great night of sleep. Bed was awesome.

To step back, Annie Brownell House is on Angell St near Brown and a short walk to some great places on Thayer and a few others just a few blocks away. The house is nice enough with a living area and kitchen. The rooms are upstairs. There are no TVs in your room and the bathrooms are shared....Not a problem for me

A word about Annie: She is incredibly gracious and a wonderful hostess. She has a golden, but the dog is friendly. The house is clean. The stay was quite nice

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 August 2013

From the beginning even our first phonecall was filled with humor and good taste. At our arrival, a lot later than expected, Annie greeted us like V.I.P.S. She was all smiles and so distinguished. Our sejour would never has been the same without her good advises and recommendations. Breakfasts were personalized and creative and I especially enjoyed her soft personality. The house and the decor are great and affordable.I am eager to stay there at my next trip to Providence. Love you Annie.
Robert Brisebois from near Montreal.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends