Christopher Dodge House
US$198
  • Pool
US$191
Very Good 4/5
The Dean Hotel(Providence)(Great Value!)
US$146
US$192
US$179
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewscommon roomb bgas fireplacehot dishcookie jaroverflow lotoverflow parkinglovely bed and breakfastcandy barsthe ground floorbaked goodsceiling fanroad noisesitting roomyogurtparking on sitenice alternative
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 March 2008

I've stayed at the Christopher-Dodge house with my girlfriend on two separate occasions. This quaint B&B reminds me of a simpler time when lodging was small-scale and run by nice families rather than the commercialized brands today. The wonderful place is a cozy, comfortable alternative to the staple hotels in Providence.

Their beds were incredibly large and comfortable; one of the rooms we stayed at even had a thermostat-controlled fireplace. The staff was very friendly. Most importantly, the kitchen made delicious breakfasts (there's was always fruit, coffee, OJ, etc...and a main entree such as French toast and sausage).

My only gripes are that the beds were quite noisy and it's not as near the Providence Mall as, say, the Biltmore or the Radisson. Then again, the 5-10 minute walk is not bad at all.

I wouldn't hesitate to stay there the next time I'm in Providence.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank chantaklaus
Reviewed 3 July 2007

My daughter and I stayed two nights at the beginning of our two week visit to look at colleges in R.I., Mass., and New York, and we stayed at the Christopher Dodge House for our final night before returning home.

We had a wonderful time, and the staff could not have been more accommodating, welcoming, or professional.

The breakfasts--all three--were superb. On our last morning, I relished the experience of enjoying the best blueberry pancakes of my life, and believe me....my mother set the bar high for that!! (Sorry, Mom!)

The location is in easy walking distance to the Providence Place Mall, and the staff will also provide suggestions for great eateries and other attractions in the Providence area.

I hope I will be able to return to Providence again with my husband so that he will understand my enthusiasm first-hand.

Stayed: June 2007
5  Thank JWaverley
Reviewed 26 June 2007

Christopher Dodge house has beautiful and spacious rooms. My room was equipped with a small but complete kitchen (stove, mini fridge, coffee maker) and a wonderful gas fireplace. The staff was very accomodating - made my reservation on pretty short notice for a stay during the holidays. I enjoyed my stay so much I didn't want to leave!

Stayed: December 2006
1  Thank leopardx99
Reviewed 26 June 2007

We stayed at the Christopher Dodge House while visiting family during the Christmas season. The inn was warm, inviting, and nicely decorated for the holiday season. The room was large and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. We enjoyed the breakfasts were good and served in a relaxed atmosphere. We enjoyed chatting with fellow guest during breakfast. It was also nice to have free wireless internet access during the stay.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank msmarjorie
Reviewed 20 June 2007

Had a wonderful time at this Inn. It is absolutely beautiful. The staff make you feel very welcome. Would definately stay again.

Stayed: June 2007