“Great salad”

Cuisines: Pizza
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great salad”
Reviewed 9 April 2013

There aren't really any restaurants near where I work, other than a Subway and really how much Subway can ya eat? So I typically have to call for delivery. I've only ever gotten a grilled chicken caesar salad with the house Greek dressing rather than the caesar dressing, and it's really my favorite salad anywhere. I'm not a huge salad connoisseur, and I'm not a garden salad fan. I just want lettuce, some cheese, croutons, some grilled chicken and a nice oil-and-balsamic-based dressing, and that's exactly what I get from Minerva's.

The order takers are always happy and polite on the phone, and the delivery people are always great and timely. I've only had the order delivered wrong once (they gave me the caesar dressing instead of the Greek), and the driver went back and got me the correct dressing and brought it back.

The grilled chicken on the salad is excellent, nice tender pieces of breast meat, grilled in some spices. I'm not sure what it is they season it with, but it's excellent. I've yet to find it similar elsewhere, and I've been trying, only to be disappointed!

Great place, great service, great salad! There are some weeks when I order this same salad three times a week. I've never been to the restaurant (I live in Massachusetts, just work in Providence), but for a nice lunch delivery, I'm a regular customer and won't buy my salad anywhere else!

• Visited April 2013

Providence, Rhode Island
“Average Pizza in an Upscale Neighborhood”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

Not too happy with the pizza and a chicken finger appetizer that we ordered. The large pizza was not that large. The crust was overdone. We ordered three toppings, but they were very scant. The atmosphere was fairly ordinary. Bottom line, there are many better choices for pizza in this upscale region of Providence.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank SB5248
Pittsburgh
“"Wow - that was a GREAT pizza!"”
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Okay, maybe it was because we were exhausted after a long drive and a very challenging move-in. Possibly it was the result of being absolutely famished (we were beginning to think that cardboard and shoe leather might suffice for a meal!). But when the delivery call came and we dug in - our eyes lit up as we began to devour one of the best pizzas ever! The sauce was awesome and just the right amount - not too much; not too little. Same for the cheese and mushrooms - a pizza home run! Not only that - but the delivery guy gave us a tip to call the Providence Police to get a waiver to park the moving truck on the street over night. No ticket! Now THAT's added value! However - to be fair to Minerva's, we decided to give them a second try a few days later when we weren't ready to call shoe leather a gourmet meal. And, the second time around, all we could say was, "WOW - this IS great pizza!" These guys have it knocked! Awesome; can't miss. When pizza is in your sights - make the call to Minerva's. Simply awesome pizza!

Visited September 2012
Cranston, Rhode Island
“Humm”
Reviewed 18 July 2012

Great Greek pizza and salads and dishes! Good prices and cozy atmosphere

Visited July 2012
Jensen Beach, Florida
“Lebanese food?”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

What a surprise. Looked at the menu and saw middle eastern food and gave it a try. We sat outside at tables on the sidewalk--pleasant experience. Very informal casual place. The waitress was helpful. The beer selection is limited. Both of us ordered middle eastern food. It was excellent and the portions were good. The prices were reasonable. My plate was a combination of various selections--chicken, rice, etc. I would return. The waitress told us the owners are Lebanese.

• Visited June 2012