“Gross!!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 30 April 2013

I guess you could say--"one and done"--that's all it took for me. Food was just awful and the restaurant was in dire need of a good cleaning and new paint. Stay away from the Ladies restroom---even dirtier. I wouldn't even recomend this place to my worst enemy. I mean, who would serve baked beans on a plate and call them "Mexican beans" ? This place did. What a waste of money. Never AGAIN!!!!!

1  Thank stargal1

Reviewed 8 March 2013

We went there the other night and there must have only been 2 waitstaff total, plus a new cook, so keep that in mind. It took so long to get any service, and when the food came it was a literal joke. A mexican salad, I mean, you can't really mess that up too badly, but there was no flavor, the chicken was strangely shredded and cold, there was a thin line of dressing across the top, and was the size of a side salad. My boyfriend ordered enchiladas and a 5 year old could have made better ones with some sort of flavor. Waste of time and money. Not to mention it was dirty and dated.

1  Thank alissamgraham
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We found this restaurant to be a pleasant surprise. With quality food and drinks,but not high prices. The waitstaff was quite helpful with suggestions on drinks, apptizers, and dinners. Every night they have a specal sheet with some great choices. We tried the crab stuffed mushrooms and Baby Back Ribs apptizers. The ribs are meaty, jucy, full of flavor,and they fall off the bone. Iam still licking my fingers. You can try them as an apptizer or order a half or full rack. I know on my next vist Iam going for the full rack. The Mexican menu is quite extensive with something to please everybody. This restaurant is a hidden jewel. Kudos to the entire staff.

Reviewed 11 December 2009

Cactus Grille used to be good when it was near Providence Children's Museum. Now, it is just bland. The food was tasteless, the restaurant was dirty, and the service was average (meaning as bad as usual around Providence).

There seems to be no good Mexican in RI anymore. This food is as bad as Taco Bell. It tasted as though it were reheated from frozen. There was a thick coating of dust encrusted grease on the window sills. The waitress only checked with us once (when she brought over the food).

Go closer to Boston for good Mexican. Acapulcos (Newton) or La Paloma (Quincy).

1  Thank jccarter
Reviewed 22 September 2009

I met friends at the bar in the Cactus Grill where we had a margarita each. The drinks were great & the bartender even let us sample some other flavors (watermellon). After our drinks, we all went in to the restaurant area to eat, The food was great and the price was reasonable as well. My burrito was delicious & my friends all liked their dinner as well, there were 6 of us. One of my buddies said the ribs were the best he has ever had. So all in all the food and the bill were just fine with all of us. The only thing we felt could be better were the nacho chips, they were not hot & fresh the way I like them. Too full for desert so I cannot comment on that. We will be back we enjoyed the bar area, the food & the staff were great !! See you soon ...