“Absolutely Fabulous!”
Review of Pane E Vino

Pane E Vino
Reserve with OpenTable
Pane E Vino is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 810 Restaurants in Providence
Price range: US$30 - US$100
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: McAvoy St.
Description: Pane e Vino is Joseph and Esther DeQuattro's ristorante..... grounded in the rustic spirit and traditional recipes of southern Italy. Combining the very best of tradition with current executions to form a straightforward philosophy...local, simple, & fresh. The menu and daily specials highlight seasonal flavors, fresh local produce, an all-Italian wine list, and imported specialties from Italy. Signature dishes include a Buacatini Amatriciana, Frutti di Mare with squid ink linguine, and a Veal Chop Parmigiana. Whether you are celebrating a family occasion, enjoying a date night, or a working dinner, Pane e Vino offers many choices to customize your meal. Whatever you choose, Pane E Vino guarantees that you will be satisfied, as do the people of Rhode Island who voted it best Italian restaurant in the state in the Rhode Island Monthly magazine's reader's poll. .
Rindge
“Absolutely Fabulous!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My girlfriends and I opted to dine here exactly 2 weeks ago tonight. All I can say is EVERYTHING was amazing! We used the valet service to park and the 2 young men were so nice and very obliging. My friends and I were dining here in honor of a deceased spouse. As we wanted privacy, the maître de sat us at the PERFECT location by the fire in the back room. Our waitress was amazing, the food was beyond my expectations (I had the seared scallops...the best ever!!) and the attention from staff and management was incredible! Thank you to everyone who made our evening memorable and celebratory!

• Visited April 2014

Cranston, Rhode Island
“One of my favorites!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

This place is quickly becoming one of my favorite places in providence. It's a romantic intimate spot with a small bar. Service is always awesome here, in addition to the food and great prices, that's why we come at least once a week. I've been getting into wines recently, and they have a great list of Italian wines...the servers are knowledgeable and always have good recommendations. Anytime we have friends or family in town, we always bring them here.

• Visited March 2014
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
“Fabulous dining in Providence, Rhode Island”
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Just dined at an old favorite last night and the food is consistently amazing, so I decided to write a review. There were four in my party and we were seated promptly to a window table..(my favorite!) I ordered the gnocchi with four cheeses baked in a clay pot. I think it was the best gnocchi dish I ever had....worth every calorie! Two other people ordered Zuppa di Pesce...which was a huge portion of lobster, mussels and other seafood over linguine...simply divine! The other person ordered bass poached in broth....Everything was fabulous...we were too full for dessert, but I am sure they would be great based on the meals. Will definitely return soon!

• Visited April 2014
Providence, Rhode Island
“Great food and fabulous service”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is my favorite restaurant in Providence, you feel like you have just walked off a street in Italy.
The atmosphere is lovely, white linen table cloths, large wine and water glasses, tasty bread with good olive oil, a change of plates with each course, quiet servers who know about the food and extensive wine list. The food is always delicious. We were there on Monday when the wine was half the price, they have a fabulous wine selection. There were three of us and we shared four courses and there was plenty to eat. Just lovely.

• Visited March 2014
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 22 March 2014

We were in town looking at colleges and came here on a recommendation from the hotel. Let me say the atmosphere is wonderful, the service outstanding. Unfortunately that's where is stops. The food was very Bertuccis. The calamari was ok, somewhat bland, not very exciting. My son had the gnocchi. I was hoping for that melt in your mouth potatoe gnocchi but it was heavy and dense. The sauce was ok. My veal was most disappointing. A large veal chop pounded down to paper thin surrounded by a thick cover of breading. The sauce was again bland but the kicker was the rim of watery sauce around the pasta. Take the time to drain the pasta so as not to dilute whatever flavor the sauce should have. With so many great finds in federal hill this was a disappointing choice

Visited February 2014