“Accommodating, Delicious And Unique Ambiance”
Review of CAV

CAV
Reserve with OpenTable
CAV is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 865 Restaurants in Providence
Price range: US$21 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Upper South Providence
Cross street: Bassett St.
Transit: Trolley stops within a block from CAV; refer to Ripta website Shuttles from Brown and RISD also stop a block from CAV on Bassett St.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just ate my delicious leftovers from last night’s outstanding meal at CAV.
Home made pasta with lobster and English peas .
My husband had duck in a blood orange sauce which he adored. Our friends are kosher with other food allergies and CAV’s server and kitchen handled it with grace.
We enjoyed our quirky table with antique chairs under shimmering chandeliers.
Begin the meal with their outstanding crab cakes!
I am looking forward to returning.
I mention accommodating, because the maitre went beyond duty and secured us a last minute reservation, 3 days before the holiday weekend and Brown reunuin.

Reviewed 13 May 2018 via mobile

Celebrating mother’s day with family. We found a new fave restaurant in providence area. Calamari for starters was delicious; not too breaded which is good. Had the scallops and shrimp with risotto; good overall but I didn’t fall in love with the risotto though. My husband had the filet mignon; he was definitely in heaven and was complimentary twice over with the mash potato - so silky and delicious. The kids had usual fare - pasta with red sauce and chicken caesar salad; good kids options. Dessert - tiramisu, cookie (to die for says our 13 year old), and creme brûlée (to die for says my husband). Great service, lovely ambience. Definitely a treat; must try other entrees next time!

Reviewed 22 April 2018

I went here with a few friends to celebrate a birthday, food was great, service was good, the restaurant is very nicely decorated, lots of antiques, we all had different poached egg plates all were yummy and we split a bruschetta to start it was delicious.

Reviewed 26 March 2018 via mobile

We were a party of three that visited Cav this past Saturday evening for dinner. Everything was delicious from start to finish! The lamb shank entree was delicious and perfect cooked. Our waitress Courtney was very friendly and knowledgeable about what Cav has to offer. We all left Cav thinking about the next time we will return.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I came to CAV to celebrate our anniversary and were very happy with the service and with our meals. We had an octopus appetizer that was a special for the day, and it was among the best octopus dishes we’ve had. It’s hard to make a tender and flavorful octopus but CAV did a great job. We each had the tuna entree and it was cooked extremely rare, which is how we like it, and was delicious. Our server was very friendly and helpful.

Also, CAV itself is a joy, with antiques and decor that are such fun.