“Very Satisfied with our Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Providence

Hotel Providence
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Providence
Pawtucket, Rhode Island
“Very Satisfied with our Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

My wife and I enjoyed our recent stay in the Henry Thoreau Suite. We were upgraded from a Jr. Suite to one of the finest rooms in the hotel without having to say a word. Nice touch.

The meal in the Aspire restaurant was fantastic and the ambiance in the lounge was great. The service was impeccable.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone planning a stay in the Providence-area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelProv, General Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for generous and favorable feedback. We are delighted that you were able to stay in one of our sixteen New England author suites (The Thoreau Suite is a favorite of mine, as well). We look forward to your return and to creating a lasting Providence travel destination relationship with you .

Safest Travels,
Tom Fitzgibbons

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

We always stay here when we come to Providence and we are never disappointed. Make sure you ask for a quiet bright room. The good rooms are lovely and an excellent value. The staff is always friendly and attentive. It's a fun neighborhood.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room that has good light. The area can get a bit noisy on weekend nights.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

We are so pleased that you have had multiple great experiences at our hotel and we look forward to exceeding your expectations with each additional visit. Also, thank you for your suggestions to our potential guests regarding making a request for a room with a bit more light, if desired. We understand that it's the small details that help our guests connect with our property. Our goal is to be more than just a place to put your head down, but rather a place that becomes a part of your Providence experience. Thanks again!

Warm Regards,
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

Stayed here one night with my young daughter and things started off well. Staff was pleasant , room was decent for price (comfortable beds and soft linens) . The only thing I noticed right away was the carpet in the living room area was very dirty- black footprints and dirty on the well traveled portion so I stayed in the bedroom portion most of the time to watch tv. Bathroom very charming with pedestal sink and roomy shower . Things went down hill starting as early as 7pm. No one can choose who is staying above u but the banging as stomping started at 7 and went until 10:30 or so, when a much larger problem started. Mind u, we are not fussy and can take bumps in te night but this was a loud loud bang bang bang bang every 20 seconds. It went on for 3 hrs, woke my daughter from a sound sleep and I called the front desk to ask them to check the floor above me to see if it was the bangers again. Eventually - we think it was a loud bass sound from the connecting bar down the street. It lasted til 3am. I think we will pass on this hotel in the future. While we loved the church bell, the surrounding doors slamming, other families stomping and bar bass at 1am - just lead to a very stressful night.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank capecodder16
Dear Valued Guest,

I apologize for all of the noise disturbance during your stay which is so unfortunate because you seemed to be enjoying your stay up until that point. I am presently investigating the origins of the noise and can will absolutely make sure that if you choose to stay with us again, you will be placed in a guest room on one of our top floors, as they offer the best protection from intrusive noise. Thank you again for taking the time to offer your feedback and we hope to see you again very soon.

Warm Regard,
Tom FItzgibbons
Stoughton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

Our weekend at The Hotel Providence was an excellent stay. We only stayed one night and regrettibly, I wish we had stayed an additional night. The hotel is beautiful! It's charming and chic. I loved the decor, and the room was magnificent. We stayed in The Roger Williams Suite. I loved the high ceilings, large windows and furnishings, not to mention, our room was a corner room, directly across from the church, (yes the church bell was loud, but not a bother). The bed slept like a dream. I would love to have their brand of mattress in my home. I'm usually out of the bed by 7am, but I stayed in bed until 11:00! I will go back, sooner-than-later.This was a late Valentines gift to my wife, and I scored major points for it! :)

Dear Kevin H.

Thank you so much for your excellent review. We love the spaciousness of the Roger Williams Suite and the view is so lovely, too; overlooking the courtyard and historic Grace Church. The beds in all of our guest rooms are Sealy Encore CCS TLPT. We tested many mattresses before deciding on that one, and I can't tell you how many compliments we receive on it. We're thrilled you had a wonderful and romantic time and hope you'll return share Valentine's Day with us every year!

Best Wishes,
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2012

First of all the staff is amazing. There was one interaction that was not friendly, helpful and fun. the cities itself is a wonderful place to visit and this hotel leads well to the history of it. The restaurant in the hotel was also great. All in all a perfect stay and I would definitely recommend this place. Thank you.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

While this hotel is charming and well appointed on its surface, the impression lacks substance. The heating system in our room was failing, so we called the front desk at about 10 PM. There was no "engineer" or technician available to diagnose or repair the problem. While it was chilly but quite bearable, by midnight the heat failed entirely, and we could not sleep for freezing. I tried to adjust knobs and they simply fell off! When we informed the desk the following morning, they made no attempt to reimburse us or offer any compensation for a sleepless, painful night, until I asked.Then they gave us vouchers for a free breakfast, which failed because there was only one( very nice) waiter on duty on a crowded holiday. After a long wait we had to leave before being served, or we would have been late to my daughter's new student orientation at Brown University. Because of its poor equipment and staffing, this hotel lost our business for the next four years.

Room Tip: Make sure the heat works!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank ek59
HotelProv, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this review, 6 March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I want to apologize for the unpleasant experience that you encountered during your stay with us. There is an engineer scheduled, or on-call, 24 hours at day at the hotel, so I'm not sure why you were unable to receive service to your guest room. I thank you for bringing this issue to my attention and can assure you that I will be addressing this matter with my team. One of our many goals is the comfort and satisfaction of all of our guests. I sincerely hope that you will explore this site and see the many posts from satisfied guests that we have had the privilege of serving, and that you will consider Hotel Providence again when you return to Providence.

Warm Regards,
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

Wow! From the start of our stay everything was great. We had an amazing sleep on the mattresses, which I later emailed to inquire about so I could buy one for home. Beaiutiful decorated room. Great chowder and room service from Aspire, the in house restaurant. It was close to all the nice downtown shops and great walking.
But what has again top this place off was months later when I discovered a visa charge I wasn't notified about it was refunded with no arguments. It is nice to recieve such great customer service which makes you want to take the time to write a good review and return again.
Definite recommendation for staying here! you wont regret

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family