“GREAT BOTIQUE HOTEL”

Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Providence
Sonoma, California
“GREAT BOTIQUE HOTEL”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

We booked a junior suite. We loved our room, it was very spacious, very comfy bed, large bathroom. The hotel has a great location. We walked everywhere. Short walk to Federal Hill where there are so many great Italian Restaurants. The staff at the Hotel Providence are the Best. We had breakfast at their restaurant. It was excellent and the wait person was terrific. I would highly recommend this hotel. A very good value for the price. The assistant Manager (Daniel) was very professional, we had a littlr problem with our pick-up from the airport, but he took care of everything for us. He was very professional. If we ever return to Providence RI, we would stay at the Hotel Providence.

alue for the price. The assistant manager (Daniel) was very professional, we had alittle problem with our pick-up from the airport, but he took care of everything for us and did make it up to us.

Room Tip: Do not select a room on the church side because of the bells ringing.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
New York
Reviewed 10 October 2013

My partner, the dog and I stayed one night here for business/travel. What a great hotel! The workers at the valet parking were always courteous and nice, check in took less than 5 minutes (plus she didn't even charge me for having our dog with us!), and the room was clean and spotless. The bathroom was renovated and shiny, and the water speed was great. There's even free & fast wireless internet in the room! We looked out the window and could see tents where the beer garden probably happens on weekends and we can see why it might get loud, but it was dead quiet all night. There was even a small area set up just to welcome dogs. We definitely recommend this hotel to everyone!

Room Tip: Ask for high level rooms and ones facing the back to avoid loud noise from the bar across the street...
Penzance, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2013

Bar an restaurant closed for a wedding the night we stayed. We had a drink in the room. A glass of lukewarm white wine and a bowl of nuts set us back over $80! Other than that, room was super, bed very comfortable and the staff very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: The Westminster wing seemed to suffer from all-night drunken student noise from outside, though this...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Was very impressed. Well-appointed, boutique feel but not too small. Lovely, and beautifully furnished rooms. Spacious bathrooms with nice marble floors. Staff not overly friendly but perfectly polite. Would stay again. Great location.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Weehawken, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I didn't spend a ton of time in the hotel. It has nice decor. The walls were thin. I was traveling for business and was next to a room with kids and could hear everything. There are only about 20 channels, no showtime. The deadbolt on my door didn't seem to be working and although I reported it, they didn't fix it. The bathroom was nice. I stopped by the coffee bar in the morning and asked for cocoa or teaand was told they had neither, it is really just coffee.The bed was so high that I had to work to climb in (I'm 5'3") and the mattress was a little hard. Overall, serviceable but not luxurious.

Room Tip: try not to be near the elevator. views are limited
Joinville, SC
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This hotel was such a pleasant surprise.
When we got there - without a reservation - the hotel was fully booked, except for one small room which is cheaper than the rest of the rooms.
At first, I was afraid of how small the room was, but I must say that this was one of my best stays this year. The room was small, but cozy (and better than in most hotels). And, the best part is the bathroom: it is huge, super clean, and full of amenities (must say: best bathroom in my life!)
Staff is great also!

Room Tip: Room 500 is the one that I stayed. Small but cozy and cheaper.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
East Lansing
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The hotel was charming, quiet, and clean. It was the most beautiful hotel I have ever been. The staff was wonderful. However, I slept about 2 hours only on the night I stayed. There is a crazy noisy dance club or cafe or something across the street from the hotel, from which constant boom and thud noises spilled out. People were yelling and screaming right outside of that place as well. It continued until 2:30 AM. I was nearly sick with tiredness. I will never return to this hotel.