Hotel Providence
US$238
US$212
Hilton.com
  • Pool
The Dean Hotel(Providence)(Great Value!)
US$157
Hotel Dolce Villa(Providence)
US$143
Orbitz.com
1,236 results
All reviewsgrace churchbrick wallarts districtvalet parkingcharming hotelwithin walking distancechain hotelsthe general managerjunior suitevalet servicefront desk staffking bedgreat roomheart of downtownbrown universityfederal hillrhode island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 October 2013

The room was large, king bed, nice bathroom, very nicely done. There is a church close by that has chimes ringing at certain times. I am not a light sleeper, so I don't know if they rang at night.
I liked them, but if you think it might bother you, you might want to consider another location.
Pet friendly, I know because of the whining that a small dog was doing in the room down the hall. Also, the dog biscuits in the lobby was a give away.
Before I arrived, I wanted to change my credit card to my husband's AX card, because I had misplaced mine. We get travel points and I didn't want to miss out on the points! I explained the situation, gave my husband's CC #, and I got the real run around from the night clerk, so I said that I wanted the issue elevated to a supervisor. The desk guy hung up on me. I arrived the next day and was told that it was all taken care of, no problem. But it left a bad memory.

Room Tip: I had room 307, no view but a good location away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
MattChauvin, General Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2018

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Attending a conference in Providence at the convention center, I just didn't want to stay in one of the big chain convention center hotels. Even though I wasn't picking up the tab, they were expensive and I'd be trapped in hallways and never get outside the confines of the conference. I picked Hotel Providence with some apprehension--was it too far to walk to the convention center, was it a dump at that considerably lower price? Turns out, it's less than a block from the convention center, on a charming brick one-lane street with restaurants and taverns all around, and it is a complete gem of a hotel. And the accommodations were luxurious, the room was gorgeous, the bed was five-diamond, the service was flawless. I stayed three nights, and the staff took care of me like I was the only person staying in the hotel. Even the room service food was perfect. I generally regard hotels as a place to get some sleep between one day and the next. At Hotel Providence, the stayover is the point.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank ArkansasTraveller13

Reviewed 28 October 2013

I'm glad I was able to stay the The Hotel Providence on two separate occasions within a week of the other because I was able to see how nice a place it can be. The place as a very lovely low key luxury feel about it. The rooms are spiffy and well organized-no doors bumping into desks. The restaurant is great and very pretty. The breakfast was huge for a hotel breakfast--a really good value. It is walking distance to some great restaurants, both fancy and casual. Everyone was happy to help and wanted to make sure I had what I needed. So here's the one caution--the suites on the second floor. They are enormous and renovated and right next to the hotels outdoor party space. On my first stay I was switched into one of these rooms (214 I think, Louisa May Alcott suite) and I could literally read the labels on the beer bottles of the party goers just outside the bedroom window. I asked to be moved and was told abruptly that the hotel was sold out. The woman knew she had been rude because she called back and offered me free breakfast at the restaurant and assured me the party would be over by 9pm. It wasn't and the clean up lasted until 11pm. Had there not been a party outside my window it would have been such a great stay--gorgeous room, good food, luxe bath. But the shindig was so close, I mean close. I do think it is incumbent upon the hotel to warn someone staying in those suites if there is going to be some sort of event during their stay. I slept on the couch until the noise finally died down.

Room Tip: Away from any of the common areas where events or convention meetings occur. Also ask to be away from the service areas.
Thank FromNYto?

Reviewed 25 October 2013

Hotel Providence has it all, wonderfully attentive staff, lovely rooms, well placed for the centre of town and above all, excellent value for money. I would definitely recommend it to others and would definitely come back.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The dining room is fun as is the outdoor tent. It's a great place for dining and cocktails if you're going to PPAC or Johnson & Wales. Pat DeGrace, Sales Manager is a wonderful person to work with if you're thinking of holding a meeting, wedding, etc.