“I wish I discovered this place years ago!”
Review of Hotel Providence

Hotel Providence
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Reviewed 28 January 2014

We were in Providence for a Cheerleading competition and usually stay at the Westin/Omni, but the Omni is all King beds now. So I looked online and found this hotel at a reasonable price and the rooms are just as nice as the Omni. It is a 2 minute walk to the Convention Center. I also paid $70 less per night. Staff was great, room clean and lots of nice restaurants close by.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
David B, General Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

We are delighted that you wrote a wonderful review about the hotel on Trip Advisor, and more delighted that you had a pleasant stay while visiting with us.Thank you for taking the time to write the review. We look forward to hosting you once again, upon your return to Providence.
Kind regards,
David G. Benton

There are newer reviews for Hotel Providence

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We planned a one night stay on New Year's Eve. We booked it in September of 2013. Upon checking their website the rate was cheaper. They honored the rate without issue. The hotel is in a fantastic area. We walked to PPAC in about 200 steps. The hotel is immaculate. The staff is so friendly and caring. The room was incredibly clean with a breath taking view.
We had dinner at Aspire. It was delicious. We rang in the new year having dessert and dancing after an outstanding dinner.

Room Tip: 7th floor is great. Be ready to hear melodious bells across the street at Grace Church.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
HotelProv, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and for spending New Year's Eve with us! Aspire has become Providence's NYE destination for a classic, sophisticated way to spend that special night- dinner, a great band, and dancing. It sounds like you had a wonderful time. Perhaps you will make Hotel Providence/ Aspire Seasonal Kitchen your New Year's Eve tradition! We look forward to your return.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I've stayed here twice so far, and would not hesitate to stay again! Great location that's walking distance to bars, restaurants, music venues (The Roots & Lupo's), and the local shops on Westminster.

I literally have nothing bad to say about either of my stays here; the rooms are spacious with extremely comfortable beds, the valets & front desk staff were very friendly, and the on-site restaurant & bar - though a little pricey - has a decent wine selection and serves-up a very tasty breakfast.

The only thing that might be an issue for some travelers is the noise from the nearby church bells. We could hear them on both our stays (two different rooms, albeit on the same side of the hotel), and while it didn't pose much of problem for us, I could see it being bothersome for families with young children who wake easily and/or for light sleepers.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
HotelProv, Public Relations Manager at Hotel Providence, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel and restaurant. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay on both occasions. Although the vast majority of our guests enjoy the church bells, If they pose an issue, our front office agents will do whatever they can to eradicate the situation.

We love being within walking distance to some of New England's great theaters, music venues, restaurants, and shopping. Our restaurant, Aspire Seasonal Kitchen, is known as one of the area's premier Jazz venues (The Joe Potenza Quartet performs every Friday night). I encourage you to come hear them play the next time you're in town.

Thank you again for your business and Happy New Year!

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Let me start by saying I have heard wonderful things about the Hotel Providence and had been looking forward to my theater and dinner plans only to be let down. I literally was just kicked out of the hotel bar due to a private party only just after I paid for my drinks and left a tip! A tip for nothing. The staff completely clueless but I say BS. Party or no party a paying guest of the hotel should have access to the hotel bar. Don't overbook yourself to forsake a paying customer. With all the hotels and restaurants in Providence lets just say I won't be coming back to the Hotel Prov anytime soon. It hurts me to have to leave a review like this but it had to be said.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your comments. I want to assure you that they are taken very seriously.
I apologize for the way you were treated in our restaurant. Guests of the hotel should always have access to our food and beverage outlets regardless of whether or not the restaurant is hosting a private event. Unfortunately this lack of communication on our part spoiled your evening, and I am truly sorry for that. We appreciate your business and hope you will return.

Regards,

Reviewed 2 December 2013

Clean hotel that was a 30 second walk to the PPAC. Rooms were nice and the staff very friendly. Close location to J&W Univ. And was very easy to get to from the highway. Didn't do much exploring as we were just there for one might to see the phantom of the opera. I would come back again.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. We're thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be convenient for all your needs. We hope you get a chance to explore a bit more on your next visit. Our concierge and front office agents are full of excellent suggestions for a little Providence adventure!

Safe Travels,

Reviewed 2 December 2013

The hotel itself was great! Very clean, staff was friendly and helpful. Room was large, bathroom very very clean - hot water plentiful and fast. Towels - top of the line, rich and thick. Nicely decorated room.
The only downside for us was...we were on the even side of the 4th floor - out the window you can see the street - and across the street a parking lot and a building. Well, this building is a bar - we were there on a Saturday night and the bar was in full swing with live music. Every time someone opened the door to the bar - the music screamed like we were in the next room. People were outside smoking and the drunker they got - the louder and madder they got. Sleep was non-existant until about an hour after the bar closed. I think if we had been on the odd side of the floor it would have been ok.
The parking was only valet - though someone was always there to take care of the car and when you called for it - it came very quickly. But...the $28.00 per day price is a bit steep, especially when you have to add on a couple of dollars tip every time.

Room Tip: Pick the odd numbered side of the building to avoid the bar scene!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. I'm pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay and appreciated our room amenities and details such as plush towels and great water pressure (a must!).
I apologize for our noisy neighbors during your visit. Unfortunately, your stay coincided with their holiday fundraiser, and our requests to have the music turned down went unheeded. We spoke to the owners regarding the noise from their establishment and they assured us that they would do their best to manage any future parties.
Thank you so much for your business and we look forward to your return.

Regards,

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I really liked this hotel. Felt like I was staying in a european hotel. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff freindly and helpful. No problem getting the staff to puy on the Bears game in the bar. Also a great location right in the arts district. We were able to walk everywhere. I also thought it was reasonably priced for the location. I would definitly stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. We like to think of ourselves as a New England charmer with European flair!
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay and our central location. We feel that Hotel Providence is a real value for the level of customer service and amenities we offer. We can compete with the big brands and still offer a unique and individualized experience. We're proud of our property and enjoy sharing it with each guest. Please visit us again soon.

Safe Travels,