The reviews of this place are pretty much spot on except I didn't hear any noise and it was a sat night. I was on the 6th floor.
1. Rosella! Sweet and efficient!
2. Food: My guest had the marguerita pizza.. Too much cheese but very good. I got the turkey club. Breakfast was very good...great sourdough bread. Great Yukon gold home fries! But butter was too hard to spread on toast. Soften it before table.
3. Staff: Aside from the early morning Sunday gentleman behind the front desk, great all around (It was obvious he was tired). Staff quality and training are the strongest selling points of this hotel.
4. Location: Quiet yet in the middle of downtown. And a beautiful hotel.
5. Music in restaurant was delightful.
The What Happened or Huh?
1. The room service order was never given to the kitchen. After an hour late, I called and they had no records of it. To their credit, they didn't charge me and were very apologetic and again, the staff made a difficult situation better. They walked up a comp drink as well--classy touch.
2. So, I walked into breakfast at 702 and the hostess couldn't find breakfast menus? A minor thing. Get the menus settled a priori not post hoc, please. She was very pleasant but the barometer of inefficiency was already starting.
3. The bed sheets were so wrinkled that I was wondering if they were even changed. I didn't find evidence of use but I've never seem such a sloppy bottom sheet.
4. Water should be served at breakfast instinctively or server should ask.
5. Oddly, too, the server in the am came over and asked "would you like the check?," when about 2/3 of my meal was still on the plate. The next table took the lead and subsequent to her peculiar question, he said "no check for us yet."
Would I stay again? Absolutely! And I always appreciate efforts to make difficult and unpredictable circumstances more palatable. My comments border on picky and that tells you the overall experience was fine. It warrants 5 stars.
Finally, after staying at the Omni in April and the Biltmore in February, this place easily tops them in many ways.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Providence is nestled in the heart of downtown Providence's Arts and Theatre district. Located mere blocks from boutique shopping, galleries and perfect little cafes/restaurants, Hotel Providence is itself a place where the arts are celebrated and where finding new passions (or reviving sleeping ones) are celebrated! We all have a passion...discover yours at Hotel Providence! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Providence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.