“Really Terrific Hotel - Perfect Location”
Review of Hotel Providence

Hotel Providence
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Boston, MA
“Really Terrific Hotel - Perfect Location”
Reviewed 19 August 2010

LOVED this hotel. My sister and her friend recommended jetsetter.com to get a last minute deal on a hotel. We ended up with this GREAT - fantastic room...comfortable for my daughter (2) husband and myself. King size SUPER plush bed - had a delicious sleep. My husband, sister and her buddy all enjoyed the bar/restaurant Alibi and had a few drinks at the bar. Great jazz...and a fab environment. I like a stairs or elevator option readily available (a small thing, but nice renovated stairs). The hotel appeared to be recently done over - and it was sparkling. Probably a great place to have a wedding reception! Good art - nice vibe - great staff. I would give this place a perfect review - save for one thing. All night there was a high pitched whirring sound. It was on and off...but mostly on. I found out from local RI buddies the next day that the hotel is located next to Johnson and Wales...and that they keep their fans and machines on all night. It sounded like a high pitched alarm. When I complained at the front desk the following morning (after gushing about how much we liked the room) - the man at the front desk seemed horrified. "We'll look into it," he said. I went to my car - and then realized I needed to use the restroom...so I went back in. He was recieving an identical complaint from another person! And guess what he said: "We'll look into it." Do not get me wrong - this hotel was comfortable, plush, clean and well-appointed - and I would go back again! But if you are a light sleeper (which luckily, we are not!), I would call ahead and make sure that the whirring sound issue is under control (or that you are on a far corner from where the noise source is!).

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank Gemmommy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Munich, Germany
Reviewed 1 August 2010

We spend three days in the Hotel Providence and had a great time in this really nice town. The hotel was very comfy with a nice room and bath and had a diligent and forthcoming service: Breakfast was excellent and the location is superb, being right in the middle of town with all the interesting places in walking distance.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cmhaberlan
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 July 2010

I was traveling to Providence for business reasons, and found this hotel online. I am glad I did. I travel quite a bit, but I have to stay I can not remember a more friendly group of people. The hotel is unique and very clean. The food at the adjoining restaurant Aspire was amazing both times. But the people who work there don't act like they are working at all. They made me feel like I had been coming there for years.

Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank clarebear1
Lawrence, Kansas
Reviewed 29 July 2010

I checked into the hotel and felt like I was the star of the show. The GM personally escorted me to my room and made sure I had excellent restaurant recommendations when I came downstairs. The property is very well done with great artwork all over and very clean rooms. The shower was like a waterfall and I didn't want to leave it. Would recommend this hotel and the patio where great cocktails were served to anyone.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Franklin, Massachusetts
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I came out to look at some of the colleges for my son and chose The Hotel Providence because of it's proximity to the ones located downtown. I'm glad we did. Both the hotel and it's restaurant were fantastic. Rooms were beautiful and the service was friendly. The restaurant staff was accommodating and the Veal Chop I ordered was out of this world. I recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to the city. It's certainly worth checking out!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank computerteche
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 21 July 2010

My wife and I (Australian) booked three nights, stayed five. We've stayed in hotels across the world, and rate this as one of the best. Certainly, the most friendly. Room was quiet, well maintained, staff amazingly helpful - even organised next hotel in Mass. at special rate. Couldn't find any fault. The perfect small hotel!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dahlenburg
New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 July 2010

We went to the Hotel Providence for the fourth of July weekend. This was our second trip to the Hotel; we love that its not too big (i think its less than 100 rooms), beautiful furnishings and super freindly and accomodating service. When we arrived with our 3 dogs, our youngest daughter was telling a woman in the lobby that the dogs liked grapes. Within 10 minutes after we arrived in our room, the hotel delivered a complimentary plate of grapes. Little did we know that our daughter was talking to the hotel manager. We ate dinner outdoors in the hotel restaurant's patio. They had live jazz playing while we dined. We had baked stuffed lobsters that were stuffed with more lobster. It came with clam chowder, spinach and baby potatos. The lobster was so big that my wife never got to the claws. The chef came out to our table and talked to us. Between the hotel manager and the chef we felt liked vips. We will definitely have a third visit to the hotel, hopefully soon.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family