“Exceeded my expectations!”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Providence
San Francisco, California
“Exceeded my expectations!”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I am a frequent traveler with really high expectations, and the Renaissance Providence Hotel definitely exceeded all my expectations. From Mike at valet to check-in with Matt at the front desk to Marisol and Rob in the club lounge, I also had the pleasure of receiving friendly and helpful customer service from Melissa, Nick and Tiffany at the front desk, as well as other employees during our stay. Kudos to Angelo De Peri, the general manager, for running such a wonderful hotel with such wonderful, helpful and friendly staff! I look forward to my upcoming stay in July!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Ren-Providence-Team, General Manager at Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank-you for your wonderful 5 Star review and your observations of our staff exceeding your expectations. Our team is very passionate about ensuring you have a fabulous stay with us each and every time and rest assured we will celebrate and recognize our team members based on your comments and recognition of their efforts. We look forward to your next stay with us and hope to see you soon..

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (312)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I had a business group of about 25 that stayed at theThe Renaisssance Providence Hotel and the hotel exceeded my expetations. Check in was flawless. The sleeping rooms were clean and comfortable. The entire staff was friendly and attentive. The meeting rooms were set up to my liking and the food was delicious. I was able to make changes to the menu without it being difficult. In addition small details were added like, decorations on the meetings tables, healthy options, even iced tea and coffee. The staff on site the day of the meeting was available every second I needed soemthing. Top choice when statying in the Providence area!

Room Tip: all the rooms we atyed in were great
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Ren-Providence-Team, General Manager at Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Thank-you for staying with us and for using our hotel for your meeting needs. Fantastic to hear that we exceeded your expectations not only in our room area but in our meeting space and in the execution of your meeting needs. We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to being of service in the near future for your meeting needs. I will be happy to share your feedback with our team and look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Providence Rhode Island has been a second home to me for the past 6 years. Recently moving back to NYC, taking a weekend getaway to this tiny city filled with tons of great food, people, bars, lounges, and memories were all great aspects of this trip. Staying at the Renaissance Providence Hotel made this trip even better! Driving up to this grand building that is connected to the Met Theatre, I was greeted by the valet staff that were very courteous during my stay. Upon checking in, the Front Desk Agent, Kassandra welcomed me with a huge smile and a warm hello. She upgraded me to a Deluxe King Room which had an AMAZING view the Capitol building. I could not have been more thrilled! I then had the pleasure of speaking with the Director of Operations, Arnaldo Almonte who gave me a tour of the property and explained the history behind the hotel. He also recommended a few new places to grab a drink during my stay. This gesture was much appreciated. Throughout my weekend stay, the entire staff including Kassandra, Arnaldo, and Juan Ortiz who as the Housekeeping Supervisor did a great job ensuring that my room was up to Marriott standards; they all ensured that my stay was comfortable, relaxing, and overall a good welcome back to my "second home." Oh, and did I mention the great breakfast buffet on Sundays!? Thank you for taking the time to make this a special trip! I will continue to recommend the Renaissance Providence Hotel to all of my fellow travelers. Cheers! #Renaissaince #Hotels #HotelLife #Marriott #Providence #RI #WeekendGetaway #AwesomeHotel

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the Capitol Building!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Thank-you for your fabulous review and for taking the time to write such detailed praises of our property and our team. It is wonderful on your homecomingl that you were able to interact with a number of our staff particularly Kassandra, Juan and Arnaldo and that they exceeded your expectations in all areas. We look forward to being of service in the near future and will celebrate your feedback with our team.
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We went here for just one night but the hotel was beautiful. The room was very quaint and the bathroom was beautiful and very clean. Kaitlyn checked us in and was very helpful and even suggested places for us to go for dinner and drinks since we were only there one night. Kassandra helped us check out the next morning and get our car. They were both very sweet and very helpful. Would stay there again if we went back.

Stayed August 2014
Thank-you for your fabulous 5 Star review and for your comments about our beautiful hotel. Wonderful that our team exceeded your expectations, particularly Kaitlyn and Kassandra. We will celebrate your feedback with them and look forward to your next visit with us.
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I stayed here the night before catching an early morning train. It is only about 2 blocks away which is a very easy walk, even with kids (age 6 & 7). The room was very nice. Large! And we had a great view of the capital bldg. The hotel is walkable to Providence Place, Providence Train Station and restaurants. Would stay here again!

Stayed August 2014
We would like to thank you and your family for choosing our hotel. We are centrally located in the historic Capitol District and it is wonderful that you were able to take advantage of our location relative to the train station, the mall and the other amenities in the surrounding area. We look forward to helping you discover more about our hotel and our city in the near future.
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I've been staying at this hotel pretty much every week for business for the past 8 months and have enjoyed my stay here. The view of the state house is great. The staff are polite and welcoming; recognize me as a frequent guest and address me by name; and make an effort to accommodate most requests. Additionally, Marisol in the concierge lounge is particularly friendly and always makes sure her guests' needs tended to.

1 Thank Michael L
Thank-you for your fabulous review and your loyalty. We look forward to continuing our service to you and will celebrate your recognition of Marisol with our team. We truly appreciate your comments and loyalty to our hotel.
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I have been traveling to this hotel every week for a full year for business and I love it here. The staff is friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean. It is great that you are walking distance from the downtown area as well.

I have to call out Marisol who works in the concierge lounge. She is always helpful, friendly, and knowledgeable about the area. She is always willing to go that extra step for the guests.

1 Thank Randy d
Ren-Providence-Team, General Manager at Renaissance Providence Downtown Hotel, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Thank-you for your loyalty and "Excellent" rating of our hotel. Our staff is passionate about exceeding your expectations on each and every visit. Wonderful to hear that Marisol continues to delight each and every time you stay with us. We will celebrate your comments with Marisol and our team. Once again thank-you for your loyalty and see you again soon.