“Nice Hotel...Get a Suite”

Providence Biltmore, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Providence
“Nice Hotel...Get a Suite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

My wife and I stayed 8 days at the Biltmore in July. The first 2 nights were in a standard room, the next 6 were in a suite. The suite is definitely worth the extra money.

The hotel itself is an old hotel with all of the charm that an old hotel offers...which I prefer. Some do not. The desk help was fantastic. We really enjoyed our stay.

Conveniently located downtown, we were able to walk to every attraction that we wished to see. The train station isn't far away and you can catch a commuter train to many of the out of town places you might want to go.

Room Tip: Get a suite. Preferably a corner suite.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dean65
Jeffrey L, Manager at Providence Biltmore, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Thank you so much for the outstanding review! It is great to hear that you had the opportunity to spend an extended amount of time with us and that you were able to experience a couple different room types. I am not sure if you travel here often but if you do have future extended stays in Providence, we actually have a room type called the Premier King Suite that offers a kitchenette that is fully stocked with a refrigerator, microwave, sink, cooktop and all the kitchen glassware and cutlery that you would need.

It sounds like our location was the perfect spot for you to experience Providence and the surrounding areas. I do hope you have the opportunity to return and that we have gained your loyalty as a guest and hopefully exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to being your host again soon.

Regards,

401-455-3160

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (179)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Fremont, New Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

We spent a night here in May for a college graduation. This room was booked far in advance. The problem started when my Family of 4 showed up to the hotel and got to the room there was only 1 bed. We went back down to the front deak and inquired about why we only had 1 bed and was told that we had "2 garanteed cots for the room"?? They were over booked and had given away the "cots" that were set aside for our room. For an extra 80 dollars they could give us a room upgrade for a room with 2 beds?!?! They made the mistake of giving away the "cots" why should we pay the extra money?!? We reluctantly agreed to pay more but the room we got had a air conditioner that was blowing warm air, there was only 2 wires coming out of the control area that was supposed to have a switch or a knob of some sort. We were leaving for Dinner and let the front desk know of the problem and were assured that the problem would be fixed by the time we got back. We returned 4 hours later to find no one had fixed the problem and setteled in to sleep in a 76 degree room for the rest of the night. very hot, very uncomfortable for be very over priced. When we checked out and let the front desk of our problems we were just blown off with a "sorry it didn't meet your satisfaction". This a very old hotel that they had renivated to try and be new and modern. If I could give anyone advice that is thinking of staying here, there are many other hotels in the area, save your money and go to a much nicer and more modern hotel. We won't be back to this one.

Room Tip: Make sure they give you the type of room your paying for
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Jeffrey L, Manager at Providence Biltmore, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Please let me start off by thanking you for taking the time out of your day to review our property. We rely on the feedback from our guests (positive and constructive) to succeed and adjust to the ever changing client needs. Feedback such as your is vital. From this review we have many take a way's to focus on. Thank you for that.

Secondly, please accept my sincere apology for the number of issues and the impression you were left with after experiencing our property. We take pride in our service and I am surprised by the issues you encountered but nonetheless accept full responsibility. We will continue to work to ensure issues are addressed quickly, efficiently and communicated with our guests accordingly.

On a final note, I would relish the opportunity to bring you back and prove to you that your experience was not one that we can stand by. I hate the thought that someone's final impression of the Biltmore be a sour one. If you have the opportunity and are willing to give me a chance, I would love to personally work with you to set up a return visit to the property.

I want to show you a five star experience and have you leave feeling that the Biltmore is much more than "Average". If you accept my offer, please contact me directly at 401-455-3160. This number will ring directly to my desk and I will do whatever it takes to win you over.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give your honest feedback and I cannot wait to hear from you.

Direct: 401-455-3160
boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

Booked the Nobel suite for a romantic weekend. Amazing room, beautiful spacious bathrooms, wonderful room service, friendly staff. I'd highly recommend this hotel for its quality and value. The location is perfect and the lobby will take your breath away. What a gem!

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you very much for the five star review. The Noble Suite is an amazing room with over 1000 square feet of space. I am happy that you had the opportunity to rent the space.

Our Team takes pride in delivering exceptional service and we are grateful for you choosing us and recognizing us with this great review.

I hope we have gained your loyalty and we are excited to be your hosts once again in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly with any future needs.

Enjoy your Summer!

401-455-3160
NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Great location, pretty public spaces and an interesting history. We booked a suite and it was the ugliest room every. Mismatched furniture, a minifridge with a too large microwave sitting on it right next to the sofa. None of the furniture looked like it belonged in the same room. Bathroom was very pretty but the room was 1980's Holiday Inn decor. It almost felt like they updated the bathroom and forgot to update the bedroom. Disappointing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeffrey L, Manager at Providence Biltmore, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you so very much for taking the time out of your day to review our property. I certainly am sorry that the décor of your room was not to your liking. The Suite that you stayed in is certainly unique from the majority of our inventory. As a matter of fact, we only have three of the like on property. With that, please take solace in knowing that the furniture and fixtures in those three rooms are scheduled to be replaced and updated to fit the style of the other 291 rooms that were fully transformed during our renovation in the early Summer of 2014.

If you would be so kind, I would love the opportunity to bring you back to the property upon completion of the room you occupied to see the transformation. If you would prefer to return prior to its completion, I would happily hand select an alternative room that has received the full redecoration.

Please feel free to contact me personally at 401-455-3160. I will see to it that your next visit is great and that your expectations are exceeded.

We are excited as our property continues to enhance and at the opportunity to host you once again.

Enjoy your Summer!

Direct Line: 401-455-3160
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

I would not recommend this hotel. Rooms are spacious, yes, and beds are comfortable, but the bathrooms are very basic and we were surprised at the lack of basic amenities: no bottled water in room (for a cost, of course), no robes on request, no pay-per-view movies. We had to move rooms in the middle of the night because the air wasn't working; the air in the new room was only moderately better and very loud. Room service breakfast the following morning was missing a number of things. I will say that the staff is lovely and very responsive, but the place itself could use some serious upgrades.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Please, let me start off by thanking you for taking the time out of your day to give us honest feedback of your experience at the Biltmore. It is because of you and all the others who take the moment to speak up that we are able to grow and remain a successful institute in the city of Providence. The Biltmore has been here and has been providing the city with excellence, service and historic charm for the past 91 years yet we still can grow. With that, I am sorry that your experience was left well short of both yours and our expectations.

It is because we take pride in delivering five star service that I take your comments so seriously. I would like you to know that we do offer robes upon request and I apologize if the message was miscommunicated in any way. We have also provided upgraded our television package to include six different HBO channels at the hotels expense so our guests could still enjoy the movie experience without the burden of the additional fees that pay-per-view movies can cause.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to review our property and express your thoughts. We will continue to work hard to grow into the property that all others try to measure up to. I hope we have the chance to host you again soon and would welcome a personal call to help you set up your next trip to the city.

My direct contact information is below.

Thank you.

Reservations/Revenue Manager
Direct line: 401-455-3160
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

Spent an amazing weekend away at the Providence Biltmore - would recommend this place very highly. This historic hotel has had a beautiful renovation which kept the beautiful historic details but combined it with tasteful luxury updates. The staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. Location is great. Rooms were incredibly large and the beds were amazing. (I actually asked where they get their mattresses! It was like sleeping on a cloud.) Had some spa services which were top notch. For a weekend away from Boston you can't beat this place - perfectly relaxing. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Providence after staying here!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Melissa B
Jeffrey L, Manager at Providence Biltmore, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for the great review! We certainly appreciate you for taking the time to review our property and love to hear that your time hear was memorable and comfortable. Our Biltmore Beds were custom made by Cardi's ( a local furniture company). We were sure to look at every detail to ensure the beds were perfect. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your sleep experience. Thank you also for the kind words about our Spa. The Spa at the Biltmore is growing in popularity and is a destination in itself.

I hope we may have the chance to host you again in the very near future.

Thank you for your loyalty to the Biltmore and please enjoy the remainder of your Summer.

Jeffrey Lima
Cranston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great hotel but they never return any phone calls! I called 3 different times... No call back!! I even contacted the manager...no call back!! Called before checking in with questions....no call back!!! Received conflicting information from staff during calls.
The valet service was terrific...open 24 hours for those looking to get an early start!!
The bellman Dave was terrific!! He took extra care of precious items was happy and very helpful!!!
The hotel and room was very clean.
Check in and check was easy and pleasant.

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you so much for the positive feedback and the informative review. I can appreciate hoe frustrating it must have been to have questions left unanswered. We as a team at the Biltmore are always striving for perfection and it saddens me to know that we may have fallen short of your expectation. I will discuss your review with our team and emphasize the importance of communication especially when it comes to guest services.

I am happy that once on property you found our amenities and property condition to be to your liking.

I would also like you to know that I am here on property throughout the week and would be open to discuss any questions you felt were left unanswered during your time at the Biltmore. I have included my direct line below for your convenience.

I hope you enjoy your Summer and that we will have the opportunity in the near future to host you and yours once again.

401-455-3160: Direct line