“Awsome place.. Feels like a time Warp”

Providence Biltmore, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Providence
Rehoboth, Massachusetts
“Awsome place.. Feels like a time Warp”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Really Cool Historic Hotel, very nice place. I enjoyed staying here, to see all the old stuff they still had in the hotel, the staff was very nice and courteous. Our room was very nice with a nice view of providence, We will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Jeffrey L, Manager at Providence Biltmore, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you very much for the great review. One of the most important components to our renovation was to keep much of the classic feel of the Biltmore while infusing all of todays modern comforts. I am very happy that the style and amenities are to your liking. It is great to know that we have won you over and we are excited for your return visit.

I hope you enjoy the rest of your Summer!

Thanks again for the great review.

Reservations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (195)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Portland, ME
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I won't be returning to the Biltmore! A few days ago I checked in and the front desk checked me in under another guest's name. Even after checking my id! I quickly realized her mistake. After I clarified her mistake I asked her if she charged me for their room. She told me no and then sent me to the wrong room. After the third try, we finally got our room. I just got home today and found that I was charged $162 for someone else's room! The Biltmore didn't even find the mistake. Now I have to wait 5 days to get my money back. On top of the terrible front desk, the rooms are really cheap and depressing. My husband is not very picky and even he was disappointed in the room. It was cheaply made. When I told my husband it had just been renovated he commented that it must have been a dump before! I am hoping that I will see my money soon. I cannot recommend this hotel at all. Unless you like paying for other people's rooms!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Druva
Jeffrey L, Manager at Providence Biltmore, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Biltmore. It takes all kinds of feedback (positive and critical) for us to learn and grow as a team. I am sorry that your experience was less than exceptional. We do try our best to supply everyone with a five star experience. Anytime I learn that we fell short of that five star experience I take it to heart. I am aware of your experience and apologize for any error made during your check in experience. It should be noted that the credit card was only charged for the cost of your stay. I will be sure to communicate your concerns with our Front Office team and take the immediate steps to ensure the situation does not present itself again.

As for our décor, I am sorry that the renovation was not to your liking. We invested over 15 million dollars into our guestrooms this year to bring the Biltmore back to its status as the premier hotel in Providence. Much of the focus during the renovation was to brighten the rooms with plenty of lighting and a fresh, lively color scheme as shown in our photography.

I know you mentioned that you would not recommend the Biltmore but I would love the opportunity to change your mind. If you would be willing, I would like to invite you back and want to personally take care of all details surrounding your return visit.

If you are willing to accept my invitation, please contact me personally on my direct line 401-455-3160 and I will happily see to it that your return trip is the five star experience you deserve and we so proudly strive for.

Thank you for the review and I truly hope to speak with you soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

My wife and I stayed 8 days at the Biltmore in July. The first 2 nights were in a standard room, the next 6 were in a suite. The suite is definitely worth the extra money.

The hotel itself is an old hotel with all of the charm that an old hotel offers...which I prefer. Some do not. The desk help was fantastic. We really enjoyed our stay.

Conveniently located downtown, we were able to walk to every attraction that we wished to see. The train station isn't far away and you can catch a commuter train to many of the out of town places you might want to go.

Room Tip: Get a suite. Preferably a corner suite.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dean65
Jeffrey L, Manager at Providence Biltmore, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 16 August 2014
Thank you so much for the outstanding review! It is great to hear that you had the opportunity to spend an extended amount of time with us and that you were able to experience a couple different room types. I am not sure if you travel here often but if you do have future extended stays in Providence, we actually have a room type called the Premier King Suite that offers a kitchenette that is fully stocked with a refrigerator, microwave, sink, cooktop and all the kitchen glassware and cutlery that you would need.

It sounds like our location was the perfect spot for you to experience Providence and the surrounding areas. I do hope you have the opportunity to return and that we have gained your loyalty as a guest and hopefully exceeded your expectations.

I look forward to being your host again soon.

Regards,

Fremont, New Hampshire
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We spent a night here in May for a college graduation. This room was booked far in advance. The problem started when my Family of 4 showed up to the hotel and got to the room there was only 1 bed. We went back down to the front deak and inquired about why we only had 1 bed and was told that we had "2 garanteed cots for the room"?? They were over booked and had given away the "cots" that were set aside for our room. For an extra 80 dollars they could give us a room upgrade for a room with 2 beds?!?! They made the mistake of giving away the "cots" why should we pay the extra money?!? We reluctantly agreed to pay more but the room we got had a air conditioner that was blowing warm air, there was only 2 wires coming out of the control area that was supposed to have a switch or a knob of some sort. We were leaving for Dinner and let the front desk know of the problem and were assured that the problem would be fixed by the time we got back. We returned 4 hours later to find no one had fixed the problem and setteled in to sleep in a 76 degree room for the rest of the night. very hot, very uncomfortable for be very over priced. When we checked out and let the front desk of our problems we were just blown off with a "sorry it didn't meet your satisfaction". This a very old hotel that they had renivated to try and be new and modern. If I could give anyone advice that is thinking of staying here, there are many other hotels in the area, save your money and go to a much nicer and more modern hotel. We won't be back to this one.

Room Tip: Make sure they give you the type of room your paying for
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Jeffrey L, Manager at Providence Biltmore, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Please let me start off by thanking you for taking the time out of your day to review our property. We rely on the feedback from our guests (positive and constructive) to succeed and adjust to the ever changing client needs. Feedback such as your is vital. From this review we have many take a way's to focus on. Thank you for that.

Secondly, please accept my sincere apology for the number of issues and the impression you were left with after experiencing our property. We take pride in our service and I am surprised by the issues you encountered but nonetheless accept full responsibility. We will continue to work to ensure issues are addressed quickly, efficiently and communicated with our guests accordingly.

On a final note, I would relish the opportunity to bring you back and prove to you that your experience was not one that we can stand by. I hate the thought that someone's final impression of the Biltmore be a sour one. If you have the opportunity and are willing to give me a chance, I would love to personally work with you to set up a return visit to the property.

I want to show you a five star experience and have you leave feeling that the Biltmore is much more than "Average". If you accept my offer, please contact me directly at 401-455-3160. This number will ring directly to my desk and I will do whatever it takes to win you over.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give your honest feedback and I cannot wait to hear from you.

Direct: 401-455-3160
boston
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Booked the Nobel suite for a romantic weekend. Amazing room, beautiful spacious bathrooms, wonderful room service, friendly staff. I'd highly recommend this hotel for its quality and value. The location is perfect and the lobby will take your breath away. What a gem!

• Stayed August 2014
Thank you very much for the five star review. The Noble Suite is an amazing room with over 1000 square feet of space. I am happy that you had the opportunity to rent the space.

Our Team takes pride in delivering exceptional service and we are grateful for you choosing us and recognizing us with this great review.

I hope we have gained your loyalty and we are excited to be your hosts once again in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly with any future needs.

Enjoy your Summer!

NJ
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Great location, pretty public spaces and an interesting history. We booked a suite and it was the ugliest room every. Mismatched furniture, a minifridge with a too large microwave sitting on it right next to the sofa. None of the furniture looked like it belonged in the same room. Bathroom was very pretty but the room was 1980's Holiday Inn decor. It almost felt like they updated the bathroom and forgot to update the bedroom. Disappointing.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jeffrey L, Manager at Providence Biltmore, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Thank you so very much for taking the time out of your day to review our property. I certainly am sorry that the décor of your room was not to your liking. The Suite that you stayed in is certainly unique from the majority of our inventory. As a matter of fact, we only have three of the like on property. With that, please take solace in knowing that the furniture and fixtures in those three rooms are scheduled to be replaced and updated to fit the style of the other 291 rooms that were fully transformed during our renovation in the early Summer of 2014.

If you would be so kind, I would love the opportunity to bring you back to the property upon completion of the room you occupied to see the transformation. If you would prefer to return prior to its completion, I would happily hand select an alternative room that has received the full redecoration.

Please feel free to contact me personally at 401-455-3160. I will see to it that your next visit is great and that your expectations are exceeded.

We are excited as our property continues to enhance and at the opportunity to host you once again.

Enjoy your Summer!

Direct Line: 401-455-3160
New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I would not recommend this hotel. Rooms are spacious, yes, and beds are comfortable, but the bathrooms are very basic and we were surprised at the lack of basic amenities: no bottled water in room (for a cost, of course), no robes on request, no pay-per-view movies. We had to move rooms in the middle of the night because the air wasn't working; the air in the new room was only moderately better and very loud. Room service breakfast the following morning was missing a number of things. I will say that the staff is lovely and very responsive, but the place itself could use some serious upgrades.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Please, let me start off by thanking you for taking the time out of your day to give us honest feedback of your experience at the Biltmore. It is because of you and all the others who take the moment to speak up that we are able to grow and remain a successful institute in the city of Providence. The Biltmore has been here and has been providing the city with excellence, service and historic charm for the past 91 years yet we still can grow. With that, I am sorry that your experience was left well short of both yours and our expectations.

It is because we take pride in delivering five star service that I take your comments so seriously. I would like you to know that we do offer robes upon request and I apologize if the message was miscommunicated in any way. We have also provided upgraded our television package to include six different HBO channels at the hotels expense so our guests could still enjoy the movie experience without the burden of the additional fees that pay-per-view movies can cause.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to review our property and express your thoughts. We will continue to work hard to grow into the property that all others try to measure up to. I hope we have the chance to host you again soon and would welcome a personal call to help you set up your next trip to the city.

My direct contact information is below.

Thank you.