“Gorgeous rooms and great location”

Providence Biltmore, Curio Collection by Hilton
Ranked #5 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“Gorgeous rooms and great location”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I stayed at the junior king suite for my sister's wedding and it was gorgeous; clean, spacious and comfortable. The beds were perfectly firm and comfortable, TVs in both teh bedroom and living area, and cable to boot. THe hotel is well located around a ton of restaurants, two blocks from the mall and Amtrak,and across the street from the bus station. There was a wedding going on in the building, but no noise spilled to my room. Perfect stay.

1 Thank myracof
Jeffrey L, Manager at Providence Biltmore, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you so much. We love seeing a five star review and another satisfied guest from one of our wedding groups. The Biltmore is an amazing place for weddings and the perfect base for wedding groups to enjoy the city. I am happy that you had the opportunity to stay in one of our Junior Suites. If you read some of my other responses, I love to brag about this room type! It truly is an amazing room with two king beds and over 600 square feet of space. I have worked in a number of hotels but have never seen a room like this.

Thank you again for the great review and we would love the chance to host you again soon.

Have a great day and a wonderful finish to your Summer.

Reservations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (205)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
North Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I attended a Family Wedding this past Saturday night and I was thoroughly impressed by the whole experience. My Jr. Suite ( 2 king beds) separated by a wall, and the sitting area was appointed with a writing desk, Couch, 2 stylish chairs, were all clean, fresh smelling, and the 2 High Definition T.V.'s were a nice option. The staff was very attentive and willing to assist. The Food was amazing, the service was alert and professional and would accomodate requests if possible. It was an amazing weekend, and everything was perfect. I have nothing negative to say about any aspect of my experience. Thank You!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
What a great review! We are always striving for perfection and are so happy to know that we delivered exactly that for you. I am pleased to see that the wedding, food and stay were all excellent and hopefully exceeded expectations. We work very hard to make a wedding at the Biltmore a memorable and lasting experience.

I hope that some day soon you will have a chance to return to the Biltmore so we can deliver another "perfect" stay.

Thank you so very much for the magnificent review and please send my best along to the family and the newly formed marriage.

Maryland, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The room was lovely and reasonably priced for what I received. The staff was personable and informative. Great location convenient to WaterFire. Pricey valet parking. Great hotel restaurant (McCormicks and Schmidts.) Look forward to returning.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Thank you for the five star review. I'm happy you were able to visit during the WaterFire. It is really a great show and fun for the whole city. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed the room and were able to utilize the hotel facilities. I can understand the parking fees feeling a bit high but assure you they are average per night rates in the city. I do hope you have the opportunity to stay again and I am excited for the opportunity to be your host.

Thank you once again for the great review and please, enjoy your Summer.

stratford
Reviewed 24 August 2014

The room was very spacious and the beds very comfortable. I left my room for business at 7:30 a.m. and returned at 8:30 p.m. to find that the room had never been cleaned. I was very hungry so on my way out to get a bite to eat I stopped at the desk and reported that the room needed to be cleaned. I was not planning to stay out long and was very tired, the last thing I wanted to have happen was to return and find housekeeping in the room so I said that I really didn't care about the bed just provide clean towels and empty the trash. When I got back there were new towels and the trash was empty however nothing else had been touched (coffee cups, ironing board out, etc..) and for some reason a microwave oven had been placed on the desk and plugged in. No clue what this was all about but too tired to follow up although it did pose an inconvenience as I was unable to work on the desk in the morning prior to going out to work again. It is a grand old hotel and I would stay again as its a welcome change from the chain hotels.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Jeffrey L, Manager at Providence Biltmore, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Thank you so very much for taking the time to write a thorough and descriptive review for us. I really do appreciate that you took the time to detail your experiences. Reviews such as yours give us further motivation to continually improve. We are always pushing for the perfect guest experience and want to do whatever it takes to deliver that experience. Any time that we see a breakdown or an experience come up short it fuels our fire to try even harder for the next opportunity.

I do apologize that your experience was not the perfect experience and that some miscommunications led to any discomfort during your stay.
I hope that the positives of our efforts and your time on property will outweigh the challenges and that you will be back to give us another opportunity to provide the five star service you deserve.

It is my personal goal to see to it that your next stay is seamless an nothing short of exceptional. I am leaving you with my direct phone line so that I may personally attend to your future reservation and do all that I can to deliver for you.

I cannot wait to hear from you and I am even more excited to have you come back.

Direct: 401-455-3160
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I had wanted to make a weekend in Providence with Waterfire at night, stay over and then visit Roger Williams Zoo the next day. The Biltmore was recommended to us by a friend and we absolutely loved it. We booked a junior suite, which has two king sized beds with a flat screen tv partially separated from the sitting area that had a couch and chair and another flat screen tv. The rooms were spacious, clean, comfortable for two adults and two boys ages 12 and 10. It was walking distance to Waterfire and safe. They do have ample parking in the garage next to the hotel for a fee ($20 for the night).

The staff was friendly and helpful, as we needed assistance with directions to Waterfire as well as a recommended breakfast spot in the morning. Beautiful city to explore.

The hotel itself is an older hotel but has been redone so beautifully!

Room Tip: We had room 812, which faced the street and we did hear some traffic, sirens and loud voices coming...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
I am so happy we were able to host you and your family for a getaway weekend. I hope the kids enjoyed the Zoo and Waterfire. Waterfire is a very popular spectacle that draws people from all over to Providence.. Thank you for the five star review of our property and the Junior Suite. It really is a great room and the perfect size for a family of four with two growing boys to move around comfortably.

Please, thank your friend for us for recommending you to the Biltmore and I do hope that we have won your loyalty for all your future trips to the city.

We look forward to the next visit and thank you once again for the great review.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Very good option in downtown Providence if you need a longer-term suite with kitcheonette. Very good option in downtown Providence if you need a longer-term suite with kitcheonette. Very good option in downtown Providence if you need a longer-term suite with kitcheonette.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Larry C
Thank you very much for the positive review. I am happy that you enjoyed our Premier King Suite for your stay. The kitchenette option is indeed the perfect option for guests that will be spending more than a couple nights in Providence. During our renovations we truly took our guests specific feedback and requests into consideration to outfit these rooms. The Premier King offers a cooktop, microwave, refrigerator and all the glassware and utensils of your home kitchen. It really is a home away from home.

I hope we have the chance to host you again and that you will have a chance to spend an extended time with us.

Thank you again for the great feedback.

Polegate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014

What an interesting hotel! Never stayed in anything like it in America before.
The suites were big, They had two huge beds, a separate seating area, all was spotlessly clean.
The reception area was very grand.
The corridors looked a bit spooky to me.... and my daughter googled it and told me that this is one of the most haunted hotels in America! I didn't see any ghosts, or feel uncomfortable in any way!!!
Then only slight criticism would be that our two rooms were on different floors...and its easy to get lost in those massive spooky corridors! I had to write the room numbers down on a peace of paper and keep them in my pocket as i was worried i might not be able to find my (adult) children again! And of course i always need something out of the suitcase that it in the other room on the other floor ( which is quite a trek, and the staircase said for emergency use only so it was back in and out of the lift everytime......)
But id love to go back again if ever i had the opporturity,

Room Tip: All seemed good.
1 Thank happytraveller65_12
Jeffrey L, Manager at Providence Biltmore, Curio Collection by Hilton, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Thank you for the great review. I am happy you were impressed with the guestrooms and the reception area. I think your choice of words (Grand) is the perfect description. I am sorry if you felt our corridors were "spooky". During our recent renovation we took steps to lighten the wall coloring and use better lighting to brighten and freshen the corridors.

I am sure if you are to return some day that we can do whatever it takes to keep your rooms closer than they were this past stay. I cannot speak for your exact circumstance but can promise you this; If the opportunity presents itself and you are heading back to Providence, reach out to me directly. I will personally ensure that any and all your requests are met and exceeded.

Below I have left you with my direct line and will happily attend to your future reservation.

I do hope you enjoy the remainder of your Summer and that your time in Providence and in the Biltmore was memorable. I look forward to speaking with you.

Direct: 401-455-3160