“Stay was ok” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Providence
South Plainfield, New Jersey
“Stay was ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I stayed at the Omni for my first visit to Providence. It was ok. Clean comfortable room. Front desk staff not very helpful, they weren't friendly even when there was no one there but me. It seemed as if I was bothering them. There was a summer promotion going on and I can't get the much lower rate which is disappointing. The hotel is connected to the mall which was nice to get to some shops and resaurants. The 2 restaurants in the hotel are very expensive as well as the coffee shop in the morning. Overall it was ok.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank LMB_886
Todd G, Director of Operations at Omni Providence Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Omni Providence. I was disappointed to learn of the lack of friendliness and helpfulness you enocuntered during your stay. We pride ourselves on our service and I can assure you this a rare occasion. We sincerely hope to see you again in the near future so we can regain your faith in the high level of service we provide.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
rocky point
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

From the moment we stepped out of our vehicle and met the Valet/bell staff ,who were very professional and courteous, till the time we checked out each and every staff member we encountered gave my family outstanding customer service with a smile and always asked" is there anything else I can get for you?"We were upgraded to a junior suite (optional)for 20 dollars(my hotel preferences when I set up account) .The room was spacious and comfortable for a family of 3. Well appointed decor and super clean with an upscale bathroom which was huge with separate shower and tub. We ordered room service for dinner which was delicious and delivered timely and at the correct temperature. We had a small reception problem with the cable TV but the staff was there in 5 minutes and resolved the issue very quickly. Hotel has a beautiful fitness center and pool and hot tub. There is a tunnel bridge from the second floor to the Provdence mall too! Overall I would highly recommend this hotel which cost less than either Mariott in town.

providence, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

we had a wonderful stay. the room was very clean. the bathroom large and clean. nice thick towels and robes. the staff was very friendly and accommodating. roll away beds were no extra charge. beds very comfy. convent to downtown providence.

calgary, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

nice clean large room. Mattress was a bit soft for me, but perfect for my spouse. Food and service were excellent, as was the value for $$. The valet staff were extremely helpful with suggestions for places to see and do.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Providence
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed a night for my birthday!! Room service was great! Had Elisa! She was very polite and was very helpful for telling me about the City!! Will be back *thumbs up* very clean hotel, convenient, and excellent service! Everything was precise

Stayed July 2014
Hopkinton, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

We generally stay at another landmark hotel in Providence but thought we'd give the Omni a try and we were very pleasantly surprised. The room, which was a standard king, was a corner room and quite spacious. The bathroom was very large and well outfitted with amenities. The check-in was quick and pleasant. The security to access one's room was unusually tight with a key required to use the elevator. For a quick nite in town after a stroll through Federal Hill, the Omni fits the bill. We will be back.

Room Tip: I'd recommend the corner rooms on the top floors. Great view of the City.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here two nights while visiting nearby college. Staff was friendly, hotel and room were clean. Had a Jr. Suite - king bed with sofa bed. When I made the res. I was told sofa bed "isn't like Grandma's sofa bed", but it was. No biggie, but not sure why she would have said that. So of course, I expected something different - bit of a disappointment. Wouldn't prevent me from staying again though. Great location for walking city.