“Great downtown location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Providence
NYC
“Great downtown location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at this hotel one night when we were in the area visiting friends-- was a plus that they allow pets as we were able to bring our Westie with us. The hotel was very nice-- easy downtown location that's close to everything: waterfire, Kennedy plaza, PPAC, Providence Place Mall and just a 10 minute walk to east side (RISD, Brown, etc). The valet attendants were very nice and welcoming-- even played with our pup as we were waiting to be checked in. Highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be back when we're in the area again!

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a suite-- very spacious room but would definitely suggest requesting a higher fl...
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (234)
Matawan, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

I have stayed at the Omni for business in other cities so when I had to stay at a hotel for new student orientation at Johnson and Wales I picked the Omni. The rate was perfect, the downtown location is within walking distance to so many things I can't even name them all. I will book this hotel for family weekend as well. Best sleep ever after walking all day. I originally reserved a room with two double beds and when I got there I was offered the king suite at the same reduced rate. This suite was huge. I wanted to bring the bathroom home with me :) well at least I am inspired to upgrade my bathroom at home now.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Todd G, Director of Operations at Omni Providence Hotel, responded to this review, 26 July 2014
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at the Omni Providence. I'm glad to see that we exceeded your expectations throughout your stay. Your experience during your stay is very important to us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Mashpee, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Great hotel located in the heart of Providence. Walking distance to restaurants and shopping excellent. Definitely a great staff who are more than willing to give you suggestions (and coupons for free appetizers!) at some of the area restaurants. Think that the pool area needed a little updating though. Rooms nicely decorated. However, they needed to have plugs available to recharge phones on BOTH sides of the bed and the plus at the desk should have been able to accommodate the plug for the hair dryer.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Stayed here for a business conference. The hotel was modern and clean with nice spacious rooms. Enjoyed the central location and easy access to the mall. Plenty of restaurants and bars in walking distance. Would stay again of the need arose.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was our first stay at an Omni Hotel. Once we walked into our room we were very impressed with the size of the room and the cleaniness. The bathroom was very big too. It had everything you needed. The bed was very comfortable. We were happy to find out that the hotel was connected by a walkway to the shopping mall. It was convenient since it was raining outside. It is in a great location. I would definitely stay here again.

Roslyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed at this hotel for one night in order to see the summer Waterfire exhibit and it was the perfect location. Very nice rooms with great views of the surrounding area - beautiful lobby, friendly staff, convenient location…. Ate dinner at Flemings in the hotel which was also solid. Would recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Providence….

Room Tip: High floor in the tower closest to downtown (not the one closer to 95)
Providence, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

All the Staff where wonderful and helpful...I would definitely stay there again love all the people we work with at this hotel very friendly. House Keeper on our floor was amazing very friendly. All the staff made you feel welcome so pleased with their service. Now when I don't use my timeshare I will look up to see if OMNI Hotel & Resorts are around the area and book my reservation with them.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family