“Omni Hotel = a great nights rest!”

Omni Providence Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Very, very nice, Omni Hotels! We stayed here with our 2 boys while in Providence for a Paw Sox game. Other than the main reception/lobby area being a little outdated (I understand a renovation is upcoming), it was a wonderful stay! Although it was at the upper end of our price range, it was worth the $$$, and we will definitely stay again. Wonderfully comfy beds, soft, clean towels and a wonderfully QUIET, attractive room won us right over. The turn down service with wine glasses, a full ice bucket and the robes at the ready were the icing on the cake. Friendly, helpful staff, completely lacked the pretentiousness of other upper end hotels - nicely done, Providence!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 21 July 2014

The staff at the Omni Providence were friendly, helpful and always available. Whenever we needed something, it was attended to. The room was comfortable, a good size and the in room refrigerator was great.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel functions as a hub of sorts from an enclosed garage, the Providence Place Mall and the Rhode Island Convention Center. The garage ramp and skywalks connect on the second floor of the hotel. I self-parked in the attached North Garage (the fourth level is the closest to the Convention Center ramp) instead of using the valet parking and saved about $10.00/night. There are restaurants nearby, as well as two full-service restaurants and a breakfast/lunch bistro in the hotel itself. There are three banks of elevators, and it took a little while to figure out the overall layout. The center bank serves the six floors in the center of the hotel, mostly administrative offices. The other two banks are for the guest rooms in the east and west towers. The room key card is needed to operate each tower elevator above the lobby level.

Aside from a snafu at registration, every other staff member was polite and extremely helpful, especially the bellhops. I arrived hours before the 3:00 pm check in time, and a bellhop unloaded my car (many boxes of teaching materials and tools for a weaving convention) onto a luggage cart and moved it to the luggage claim room. When I returned to the hotel at 3:00, I was informed by the front desk staff that while my room was ready, it had yet to be inspected. I explained that I was eager to check in after a long drive from home. The gentleman told me he'd call me as soon as the room was inspected and he verified my mobile number. I settled down in the lobby, within his view and waited. After 45 minutes, I returned to the desk to check on the progress, and was told that my room was inspected and ready for check in. I told him I had been waiting for his call, and he turned to the woman next to him and asked if she had called me. She hadn't. There was no apology for the miscommunication.

The bellhops were fantastic. A second bellhop, Juan, moved all my things to my room, and the next day, another bellhop, Jonathan, moved them to the door of the convention center. He then called the convention center staff to meet me at the door and helped move everything to their cart.

The evening turn-down service was very nice and unexpected, as was the complimentary morning beverage delivered to my room. The towels and bathrobe are thick, rich, and thirsty.

There were a few minor issues My key card had to be re-programmed halfway through my three night stay, but it was done very quickly at the front desk. The alarm clock didn't work at all, even though the electric outlet was fine. There was a stain on the shower curtain, but everything else was pristine. When I checked out, Alex at the front desk was extremely helpfu and demonstrated terrific customer service. He is a real credit to the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to select a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Hotel is located well for anything going on at the Providence convention center. Rooms where spacious and clean. Hotel staff very friendly and helpful. Close to several restaurants and downtown Mall. Highly recommend this Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We spent this past weekend at the Omni. Our first time there, did not know what to expect. This hotel did not only meet our expectations, they surpassed them!. Their staff is their greatest asset. Brenna was amazing from the moment she greeted us at the front desk. Acted empowered to do the right thing for us, knowing it was our anniversary gave us an upgrade and later sent us a very nice amenity to the room. She also ensured that we knew best places to eat while in Providence. We can also say that Miguel at the front desk as well as the Valet and Security staff were wonderful.

After leaving arriving home we noticed that we left the computer charger in the room. Security followed up on this and within hours they found it and it will be shipped to us this week.

The WIFI is the easiest best user friendly we have found of all hotels we have stayed, no glitch.

Parking is $18 per day (no in and out privilege) or $28 with all priviledges for valet which we chose, glad we did, never a wait, very attentive service.

Shopping is very convenient. Just go down to the second floor and walk thru the connector to the mall where you will find anything you like.

Thank you all for a great anniversary weekend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I don't usually stay in hotels this expensive,, but the Omni was the convention hotel for my event and it was not only convenient, but comfortable and lovely. I had no complaints at all during the week I was there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The mattress was the most comfortable one I ever slept on. The room was clean and attractive. Everyone was helpful and friendly. I would recommend this hotel for business or family trips. The restaurants were very good. It is in downtown Providence and we were able to walk to many of the local restaurants. It's attached to the convention center and the mall which made it very easy to shop and attend conferences.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family