“Convenient Location”

Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Providence
Madison, Wisconsin
“Convenient Location”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I liked the location of this hotel. I attended a conference in the convention center which is attached. There is also a mall you can get to without going outside. Close to the Waterfire and some tasty places to eat. Room was nice. Staff was fine.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank renren_13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
Hartford, United States
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Stayed here for one night with three kids. Excellent location downtown within walking distance of everything. The room key/elevator key cards are a bit confusing. East tower receives one size card and West tower receives a different size card and they are not interchangeable, requiring guests to take different paths to get to their desired location. Once we figured it out, it was not a problem, but our first attempt to get to the pool was confusing. Overall, great value, great location. Would definitely stay there again.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Booked the Omni for two nights on a college visit to Rhode Island School of Design. Location very convenient to Amtrak, RISD, Brown University - walking distance to all, or a short cab ride. I had notified reservations that we'd be arriving at 11:30 pm on Amtrak and we were checked in quickly. Very nice room with two beds and when we entered, the TV had been turned on to soothing music and there was a soft bathrobe laid out on the bed. Sweet. (Note: tip your chambermaids.) There is a small refrigerator - very handy - excellent desk for work and plenty of outlets to plug in all the devices. Beds, linens, pillows are fantastically comfortable. Using their Summer Savings package, we paid $154 per night - surprisingly affordable for a downtown luxury hotel. I went for a swim and the pool area is very nice, but the hot tub and pool themselves are small - you can get a dozen strokes in before you have to turn around. I had the pool to myself. The restaurants are pricey, like all hotel restaurants, but the food is delicious.

Room Tip: We were on the 10th floor with a view of the State House - excellent location.
Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed at the Omni Providence this past weekend and had a wonderful experience. Melissa the Loyalty Manager was great to deal with. She upgraded us to a corner room suite. The larger room which was also very bright and very clean, was perfect for the four of us. The room had a refrigerator as well. If you are a member of the Select program you receive perks. The girls were given backpacks for kids and an autographed PawSox poster upon arriving. We were going to a game so this was special for them. We also received a plate of cookies and brownies for the girls and fruit for all of us with mineral water.

In the morning we requested the complimentary beverage and had coffee sent up to our room. I would definitely recommend this hotel for the room but more so for the wonderful service from everyone. Thank you Melissa.

Room Tip: The East Wing has recently been renovated.
Vineyard Haven, Massachusetts
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Very, very nice, Omni Hotels! We stayed here with our 2 boys while in Providence for a Paw Sox game. Other than the main reception/lobby area being a little outdated (I understand a renovation is upcoming), it was a wonderful stay! Although it was at the upper end of our price range, it was worth the $$$, and we will definitely stay again. Wonderfully comfy beds, soft, clean towels and a wonderfully QUIET, attractive room won us right over. The turn down service with wine glasses, a full ice bucket and the robes at the ready were the icing on the cake. Friendly, helpful staff, completely lacked the pretentiousness of other upper end hotels - nicely done, Providence!!

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The staff at the Omni Providence were friendly, helpful and always available. Whenever we needed something, it was attended to. The room was comfortable, a good size and the in room refrigerator was great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

East Haven
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This hotel functions as a hub of sorts from an enclosed garage, the Providence Place Mall and the Rhode Island Convention Center. The garage ramp and skywalks connect on the second floor of the hotel. I self-parked in the attached North Garage (the fourth level is the closest to the Convention Center ramp) instead of using the valet parking and saved about $10.00/night. There are restaurants nearby, as well as two full-service restaurants and a breakfast/lunch bistro in the hotel itself. There are three banks of elevators, and it took a little while to figure out the overall layout. The center bank serves the six floors in the center of the hotel, mostly administrative offices. The other two banks are for the guest rooms in the east and west towers. The room key card is needed to operate each tower elevator above the lobby level.

Aside from a snafu at registration, every other staff member was polite and extremely helpful, especially the bellhops. I arrived hours before the 3:00 pm check in time, and a bellhop unloaded my car (many boxes of teaching materials and tools for a weaving convention) onto a luggage cart and moved it to the luggage claim room. When I returned to the hotel at 3:00, I was informed by the front desk staff that while my room was ready, it had yet to be inspected. I explained that I was eager to check in after a long drive from home. The gentleman told me he'd call me as soon as the room was inspected and he verified my mobile number. I settled down in the lobby, within his view and waited. After 45 minutes, I returned to the desk to check on the progress, and was told that my room was inspected and ready for check in. I told him I had been waiting for his call, and he turned to the woman next to him and asked if she had called me. She hadn't. There was no apology for the miscommunication.

The bellhops were fantastic. A second bellhop, Juan, moved all my things to my room, and the next day, another bellhop, Jonathan, moved them to the door of the convention center. He then called the convention center staff to meet me at the door and helped move everything to their cart.

The evening turn-down service was very nice and unexpected, as was the complimentary morning beverage delivered to my room. The towels and bathrobe are thick, rich, and thirsty.

There were a few minor issues My key card had to be re-programmed halfway through my three night stay, but it was done very quickly at the front desk. The alarm clock didn't work at all, even though the electric outlet was fine. There was a stain on the shower curtain, but everything else was pristine. When I checked out, Alex at the front desk was extremely helpfu and demonstrated terrific customer service. He is a real credit to the hotel.

Room Tip: Try to select a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business