“Weekend getaway”

Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Providence, Rhode Island
“Weekend getaway”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

So nice of a stay, the staff were great we stayed on the 10th floor away from the elevators and on the backside of the hotel. Only complaint I have was there were teenagers on our floor, running around late at night was annoying. The hotel is connected to everything so its convenient to go to the mall if you forgot something. The bed was very firm gave me a backache but I've got issues wherever I go.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (254)
Providence, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Under-qualified, under-trained staff. Rooms weren't clean/still had belongings in them from previous guests. Charges on the bill that hadn't been made. Check-in was at 3pm and we were made to wait until 4pm with no apology. If we pay for a room for a certain period, we should get it or have the price reduced.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank Elizabeth W
provmgr, Manager at Omni Providence Hotel, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
It is extremely disappointing for us to read this review of the Omni Providence Hotel. While we feel the reviewer leaves out facts that would more accurately describe their stay, we nonetheless apologize for not meeting their high expectations.
Providence, United States
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This was a most awesome hotel. We had a great experience. The hotel is beautiful and staff is great and very attentive to any and every needs. Didn't want to get out of he bed, they are so comfortable. The mall is attached to the hotel, so convenient. If you visit R.I. this hotel is a must.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple

Ahford, CT, United States
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I had a wonderful relaxing experience, great service and everyone was attentive to every detail our our stay. Providence ia such a good walking town and the Omni is centrally located to shopping, great restaurants and fun thinks to do.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Very nice hotel, beautiful views from rooms on both sides of the hotel. They are going through renovations but it didn't interfere with our stay. The hotel is connected to a large mall and there are plenty of really good places to eat. I would highly recommend the Omni Providence, it's an all around great place to stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank keds55
Nashville
Reviewed 29 July 2014

The location of this hotel is great in downtown Providence and easy access to the highways. The service though is not up to Omni standards. It might have been an odd three nights running...but alas I don't know if I could be bothered to find out. Check-in was slower. That's okay. I attributed my grouchiness about it to my own travels. Person at the desk was very helpful. Hotel is going through a reno to bring it in-line with Omni. Corridors in East Tower were rather drab. Carpet stains throughout. I know this was a Westin and transitioning can be slow, I was nonetheless surprised by the overall presentation. Morning beverage service trays and room service trays were scattered throughout the hallways. It was after 3pm. Hotel was not busy. Returned after dinner, trays still in the corridors. No water left in room first and second days. So I ran down to front desk on my way out to retrieve them. Took an hour for cutlery to be delivered to the room one evening. I wanted an extra bed removed on our last night as we booked a separate room for my daughter and her friend. Took an hour for that to happen. Beverage service? First morning, order was kicked back under the door along with the "Thank you for being a Select Guest Plat Member." They rectified it. Next two days--refused to honor the two beverages per person in the room (DH and I). We had just stayed at the Omni New Haven, not a problem there on this score. And I've never had such a problem for a double occupancy room and indeed the beverage service card ask for the number of guests ( 1 or 2) in order to fill the order. In room work out kit ... never showed. The mishaps go on and on. Bed was comfortable though. I slept well. I was upgraded to a corner suite due to status and the room was clean. That is all one can expect from this Omni and, on the whole, I guess that is just enough and no more. If you don't expect trademark Omni luxury and service, then all will be well. But in terms of value for service and price point, one might be able to do better in this small city.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracy S
provmgr, Manager at Omni Providence Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay with us on TripAdvisor. Please accept our apologies for the issues mentioned. They are certainly not typical, and we hope the next time you are in Providence you come back and stay with us again!
maynard, United States
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Omni in Providence is best place to stay for Waterfire. Hotel is attached to parking, Providence Place Mall and RI Convention/Visitor center. Short walk to the basin for opening ceremony for Waterfire. Package deal for Waterfire includes fruit/cheese plate, Waterfire DVD & brunch. Hassle-free way to enjoy Waterfire & other historical sites in downtown Pro

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends