“The good and the bad”

Omni Providence Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Reviewed 14 August 2014

The Omni Providence is a beautiful hotel. The rooms are big, and the room I stayed in had a beautiful view of the city, on the 15th floor. Our bellhop was the nicest person we came in contact with the entire trip. Staff overall was nice. We also met a security guard who was very nice as well. It is in a great location, connected directly to the mall. Federal Hill is in walking distance which was also a plus for us. It is worth it to valet if you need to take the car out. There is parking cheaper across the street but you have to pay if you take the car. The only complaints I have is not about the hotel itself, but beware- there is some riffraff in this area. When walking just to Starbucks be prepared to be asked for money by druggies. There was also a man getting high right on the corner of the hotel property. But that is something that comes with staying in the city. The other complaint is no free wifi in the room- it is 2014. I am an Omni rewards member but they do not honor your rewards if you book through third party sites.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Heather A
Write a ReviewReviews (2,929)

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Don't expect any perks with this hotel. Guests are required to pay for everything from internet to breakfast to parking. The beds are so small that 2 people can't sleep in them without sleeping on top of each other. Don't expect service either. We waited for 15 minutes to park while the staff talked to each other and another 15 minutes to get someone to load our luggage. It took us almost an hour to check in and we booked in advance! The rooms have no insulation or noise blocking. People talking in a normal tone can be heard on the 9th floor due to poor building construction. The best thing about it is it's location and it's cleanliness.

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
provmgr, Manager at Omni Providence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

It was disappointing for us to read that your stay at the Omni Providence did not meet your expectations. As evidenced by our many reviews, we do our best to provide our guests with exceptional stays and apologize that in your case, we missed the mark. We truly hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you on a future stay.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Providence Omni is a great hotel with a perfect location near the Providence Place mall and the convention center as well as all the other downtown attractions. Their clam chowder is the best - not like paste, but with lots of potatoes, clams, and seasoning in a nice broth. Also as a member of the select guest program they shined my shoes and pressed some shirts at no charge - very nice.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 August 2014

I booked this through Priceline, which claimed this was a 4-star hotel, which it is definitely not. The room was good, but the hotel itself is a ripoff. They charge you $18 dollars for parking at the convention center, $10 for wifi, and the hotel bar has the worst drinks I have ever had. Be aware that they claim that if you are an Omni select guest you get a lot of perks (including free wifi), however, you get NONE of these perks if you book the hotel through ANY third-party (including priceline). The hotel was noisy, the immediate area unattractive, and the common areas slightly dirty.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer M

As is the case with most hotel loyalty programs, third party website bookings unfortunately do not qualify for Omni Select Guest. We encourage guests to reserve their rooms through Omnihotels.com or 1-800-THE-OMNI, which guarantee to always have the lowest available advertised rates and qualifies you for the rewards program. While we value our third party website partners, this condition of the loyalty program allows us to stay competitive with other hotel brands while continuing to offer our loyalty members the significant benefits and service they have come to expect with Omni Hotels and Resorts.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Before I come to hotel I called and spoke to the hotel person and she told me to become a guest member then I will get free internet during my stay. I asked her to enroll my daughter also for the same. She said that my daughter has to call the hotel and enroll or she can do the same when she arrives the hotel while doing check in. She told the same to the front desk person while check in. The front desk lady rejected and said that since we booked the hotel through price line my daughter can't be enrolled as a guest member and rejected to provide internet connection. Also told my son that Refrigerator will not be provided in the rooms if we book the hotel through price line. But this time she is giving the refrigerator as a curtsey. After booking the hotel I called the hotel and asked that refrigerator is there or not. They said that refrigerator is provided in all rooms. By hearing the statement from the front desk lady that for price line customers they don't provide refrigerator and this time they are giving made me more uncomfortable. We are nor beggars to come and ask for refrigerator. Because of the attitude of the front desk lady who rejected to enroll into guest member and not providing free internet for my daughter and the statement she used to provide refrigerator, I will never come and stay in my life time to this hotel.

1  Thank Venkata D
provmgr, Manager at Omni Providence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Overall, the room was very clean. All amentities were stocked in the bathroom. The bell captain was friendly and gave us some pointers to look at in Providence. This hotel is very convenient to all of downtown Providence. A walk bridge from hotel to Mall is a plus with a CVS located downstairs in the Mall made it easy to pick up some toiletries. I recommend this hotel and plan to stay at this hotel again on my next visit.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Stayed overnight for a bachelorette party. The hotel had comfortable accommodations and was convenient to restaurants and bars. One tip - don't go to water fire with a bachelorette party. It is mostly families and has soothing music. I would probably go to Boston if I could do the night life over.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends