“Elegant & convient”

Omni Providence Hotel
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Providence
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We visited Provdence to view the Waterfire Festival and picked the Omni for its' convenience. Valet parking, luggage service and registration went smooth because of the courteous, friendly and efficient staff. The room was quite nice, clean and we could see the river from our window. Within walking distance of many restaurants, shopping and the WaterFire Festival, we thoroughly enjoyed our evening. A buffet breakfast was included in our package and it was scrumptious. Check out was a breeze and we enjoyed our special week end.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,875)

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I stayed at the Omni Providence hotel for one night with 3 other people. We were put on the 25th floor; room 2506 which had amazing views of the port of Providence and the surrounding city. Although the views were wonderful, the room was less than what we expected. We first noticed that the door to our room did not shut correctly. There was a gap where we could see out into the hallway. We mentioned this to the staff at the front desk and they immediately asked if we would like to have our room switched to a lower floor (because that was the only thing available) or have the hotel engineer take a look at the door and see if they could fix it. We said that we would rather they send someone to look at it and they sent someone immediately to address the situation. The hotel Engineer took a look at the door and said that their was nothing wrong and that the gap was because the hotel was dated and old so the door frame was warped. We decided not to switch rooms and to stay in the room we had despite the door issues, because the view was phenomenal. Upon staying in that room, we noticed a slight crack running along the ceiling and dust collecting around the crown moldings and in the ventilation vents in the bathroom.

Since there was 4 of us, we stayed in a room with two double beds. Needless to say, it was very small. There was plenty of space in the room but the beds were uncomfortable for two people. With the available space in the room, they really should consider having queen beds rather than double/full size beds.

The bathroom was very spacious and had plenty of room to move around and get ready for the day or night ahead. The only thing I noticed was that there was a huge counter with one sink and felt that they could have put a double sink in instead and still had plenty of counter room. The bathroom was nicely painted and had nice tile floors. Probably the best feature of the entire room other than the view.

Overall, I would say that I would choose other options before choosing this hotel again. The promptness and kindness of the staff was wonderful and the location of being within walking distance of the mall/restaurants was great, but the hotel was in serious need of updating and the price I paid for the night I felt was kind of high for the quality of the room. If the hotel received a massive over haul and update I would defiantly consider giving them a try again, but until then when I stay in Providence I will stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: High floors give you the best view of the city.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Todd G, Director of Operations at Omni Providence Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at the Omni Providence. As we are currently midway through a multi million dollar property renovation we admittedly still have work to be done. While major renovations to such a large building take time, we would like to point out that nearly every review we receive from repeat guests mention the significant improvements in both service and cleanliness since our purchase of the hotel last year. Thank you for your feedback and we want to reassure our future guests that the items mentioned are currently in the process of being addressed.

Reviewed 24 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed there overnight for the Water fire show. We checked in early and staff was excellent. Cost 18 to park overnight. Rooms were clean but a little dated. We were excited about having a balcony with sliding glass doors on the 15th floor but we're disappointed when we discovered they could only open about 4 inches. The thermostat didn't work and a tech came up and fixed it in about 5 minutes. We went to check the pool and had to get on our elevator, go down then get on another elevator then go up 2 flights of stairs. We didn't use it but it was very clean. Way to difficult to get to it. It was nice being connected to the mall. We didn't use the restaurant so I can comment on it. The bed was very comfortable but it was very noisy outside even being high up no fault if the hotel. Check out was easy. I would have Givin only 3 stars but all the staff including housekeeping and technician were very nice and went above and beyond. Maybe after renovation it will be better. Ps. The water fire was excellent.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We traveled to Providence for a WaterFire weekend and wanted a good hotel that was centrally located. The Omni is all that and more! We were about to book our hotel on line when we decided to join Omni's loyalty program (free WiFi and other perks not available with the other loyalty programs we have). We called the hotel directly and learned that we qualified for a rate lower than Priceline. Naturally, we booked it. When we got our email confirmation, Melissa, the Loyalty Manager, offered to help us make our stay special. I wrote to Melissa, asking about a restaurant I had been trying to call for dinner reservations to celebrate a birthday on Saturday night. I was disappointed when Melissa advised that the restaurant I had been calling was out of business, but I made reservations for dinner at a restaurant on Federal Hill. When Melissa learned we were celebrating a birthday, she comped us with a larger room and even sent champagne and strawberries to our room to help us celebrate. When we got to the hotel, we left our car with the valet and didn't ask for it until we were ready to leave. The Omni is at the best location in Providence, hands down! It is connected with the Providence mall by a covered glass walkway -- there is a CVS for forgotten items and the other big name stores if you want to shop the sales. The Omni is diagonally across the street from the red trolley tours (which we would recommend) and a block and a half away from WaterPlace Park. We took a quick cab ride to Federal Hill for dinner, but Fleming's restaurant is right in the hotel. That evening, we walked from the hotel to WaterPlace Park for a boat ride through Waterfire and then walked back to the hotel. Everything was so convenient to this hotel. The hotel itself has a large reception area that is well staffed with several staff members behind the desk and available in the lobby to assist with checking in, moving luggage, answering questions and providing information. Our room was very spacious, and we all liked the safe feeling we got with the key-card security system. (We had to use our key card to get the elevator to go, and the elevator would only stop on the floor where our room was located.) The public areas and the room were very clean, there were plenty of towels and amenities, and the beds were so comfortable that we all wished we could take them home with us. Checking out and retrieving the car were so easy and efficient that we were on our way in only a few minutes. When you go to Providence, this is the place to stay. The hotel is wonderful, and the staff could not be more efficient, cheerful or helpful. We will definitely choose the Omni in Providence again and will now consider the Omni family of hotels first in all of our future travels. Our advice is to join the loyalty program -- it's free and provides you with free wifi and other free amenities (clothes pressed, shoes shined). Then either book on the hotel website or call the hotel directly. We have traveled extensively in the US, Europe and Asia; and we can honestly say that the Omni Providence exceeded all of our expectations.

Room Tip: Look on line, but don't book through Priceline or other travel sites. Contact the hotel directly...
Reviewed 24 August 2014

This was my first time staying at an Omni and the experience was enough to have me considering changing my favorite hotel chain. I received a great deal through AAA on a room with two double beds. I registered for the hotel's loyalty program before my stay and was treated to free wi-fi. They also stocked my room with extra pillows and towels prior to my arrival based on the options I selected in my guest profile. Check-in was very speedy even without using the online/express check in option that was available. I was delighted to receive a room on a high floor (17th). My room viewed downtown with a glimpse of the water in the distance. The beds were extremely comfortable, as were the robes supplied by the hotel. The bathroom was spacious and the shower/tub combo had a curved shower rod to make it feel more like a separate shower. We were treated to free bottled water in our room. I used the valet and they were polite and prompt in retrieving my vehicle. The price of valet includes in/out privileges so if you plan to use your car during your stay, it is well worth the price. The mall is attached to the hotel by covered walkway with tons of shops and restaurants, although we didn't explore this area because it was a perfect day for walking around downtown.

Room Tip: Register for the loyalty program before staying so you can get free wi-fi, discounts on upgrades and...
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Outstanding hotel with highly attentive service. This is truly a landmark hotel in Providence, RI. We found ourselves within walking distance of the city's historic attractions, gourmet restaurants, upscale shopping, and awesome entertainment. We'll be back!!

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 22 August 2014

beautiful architecture,very clean top notch job by all the staff we encountered stayed there only one night for our anniversary and am definitely will do the same next year. my wife agrees we have started a tradition as to our anniversary plans.everything was in walking distance

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts