All reviews coast guard station state park station house full kitchen washington room campobello island quoddy head light house life saving station head light kitchen table working light walking trails rescue station unique place to stay the main house eastern point
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed 2 nights at West Quoddy Station as we circled the New England states. We wanted to see the lighthouse on the most eastern part of the US, and this was a good place for that. The place was very unique with great views, but it was not a Bed & Breakfast. There was no complimentary breakfast, (which is important to us because we are always on the go) and there was no breakfast to be bought on the premises. The room had a kitchen, which would be great if you planned on staying for a few days and wanted to grocery shop, but we did not have time for that. There were no extras provided, such as shampoo, conditioner, etc., and there was no hair dryer or iron. There was no one in the office to ask for needs or advice. We could have called, but cell phones don't get good service there. Even though I thought it was a little pricey for what was offered, I would recommend it because it was unique, clean, and convenient. The only other nice places we saw were on Campabello, and we didn't look at or price any of them.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank 19annie49
Reviewed 24 September 2013

A stunning and unique place to spend a few days while you explore deep DownEast. We spent two nights and loved every minute. Breathtaking views across the water to the town of Lubec in the distance from the upstairs deck, very comfortable, well-equipped accommodations (Washington & Jefferson suites) and we felt right at home immediately. Fabulous walks around the property. Remote and wild as only the best of Maine can be. Simply great. Bill, you'd better have space for us. We will be back! :-)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dianne S
Reviewed 18 September 2013

Bill has truly shown me that this restoration of the Coast Guard Station was a labor of love. We stayed in the keeper's cottage and it was beautiful! Personal touches in every room, all the up to date amenities that we needed for our stay. A full kitchen with mini fridge, comfortable furnishings and a view to die for. He really thought of all the little personal touches that really reminded me of being home.
I would easily say that this place should be ranked number one in the area..hands down, and I did my research before making my choice. Just remember to pack some food from home or go shopping at the IGA in town (like 6 miles away). We will return again in the future.
I was also impressed by what a good person Bill was, he genuinely cared about our stay and loves his property very much. I don't think I have ever met such a nice owner in all my years of staying at hotels. I enjoyed talking with him as much as I did staying there.
Thank you so much...

Room Tip: From what I am told, all of the rooms are individual. I would talk with Bill to see what room would fit you best. From what I saw...every room had a view..
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Eryn P
Reviewed 14 August 2013

A fantastic find necessitated by the woeful state of accommodations on Campobello Island. Bill Clark bought the dilapidated light station from the government and lovingly restored it as an inn. It is not a B&B as there is no food in sight of the light (no problem considering the excellence of the Water Street Tavern & Inn about 10 minutes away in Lubec). We stayed in both the station and the lodge. The latter consists of four single units, all of which have a really nice view of Quoddy Narrows both from within the units as well as from the lookout reached by a spiral staircase. The renovation is well done and preserves the look and feel of a real light station. The station is a single unit with multiple bedrooms, living room, dining room and plenty of room for a whole family, or a group of friends, to spread out and make themselves at home. Behind the station is a free-standing deck with a panorama of the entire Lubec/Quoddy Point area. We used the deck to spread out blankets and lie looking up at the Perseid meteor shower. With no ambient light anywhere around, the sky was a canopy of a zillion stars and a clearly-defined milky way, to say nothing of the meteors. Bill Clark is a treasure trove of information, not only about the light station, but about anything and everything in the Lubec area. This is a totally unique experience that is worth a trip far Down East just to stay there. I can't say enough good about this whole experience. Go there.

Room Tip: Spring for the station, even if you don't bring a family or group. The tariff may seem high, but well worth it.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank jhj1623
Reviewed 10 August 2013

Bill Clark, Owner, runs a fabulous B&B in the former Station 1, District 1, US Coast Guard Station on West Quoddy Head. The rooms are huge with a well-furnished kitchen, comfortable furniture and all of the necessary and desired amenities. The B&B is adjacent to the Quoddy State Park and Lighthouse. Most eastern point of the USA! GREAT sunrises! We'll be back!

Room Tip: Chose the Washington room on the 2nd floor and open the windows.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple