The Light Station was a great place to stay. We stayed in the Jefferson Room. It was clean, spacious and just a comfy place to hang out. The kitchen was more than adequate for cooking dinner and breakfast. Plenty of hot water for showers and most important to us, the beds were very comfortable. Our 1950s dinette set was awesome. Bill Clark has done a fantastic job of creating accommodating and comfortable spaces on the inside while keeping the historical aspects of the buildings intact.
And when we finally ventured off the compound, there's lots to see and do in the area. Quoddy Head Lighthouse and State Park Lubec is only about 5 miles and has restaurants and shops. The closest grocery store is here so plan ahead if you are cooking. Across the bridge (and through customs) is Campobello Island with the Roosevelt Cottage, Mulholland Point and East Quoddy Lighthouses. Lots of scenic drives and beautiful ocean views too. Eastport makes a nice day trip from here also. There's two chocolatiers in Lubec. We went to Monica's. Great chocolate -- try the pecan bonbons.
In a nutshell, it's clean, comfy and it's the eastern-most room for rent in the USA.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As of June 2014, we now have 8 Vacation Rental units in 6 buildings. The Station House, Keepers Cottage,The Cabin, The Camp and 4 units in The Lodge. Quoddy Hall, with a breathtaking event room, is available for weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, meetings, etc. We have the best panoramic views from all points of our complex. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- West Quoddy Head Light Station Bed And Breakfast
- West Quoddy Head Light Station Hotel Lubec
- West Quoddy Head Station Lubec, Maine