“Tasted like home cooking!”
Review of Frank's Dockside

Frank's Dockside
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Lubec
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: New, wonderful atmosphere, extensive menu, watch seals as you dine
Palm City, Florida
“Tasted like home cooking!”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I were guided to Frank's by the owner of the B&B where we were staying. It was a great suggestion. We arrived very early for dinner after hiking most of the day without lunch. It was very sunny, and we sat outside. There were only two other tables filled at the time, all the better for us. Our waiter was very attentive and pleasant. We had a glass of wine, followed by a house salad with delicious raspberry vinaigrette and a basket of good bread. For dinner my husband enjoyed the tortellini with spinach, sun dried tomatoes, and mushrooms in a delightful sauce. I had chicken with mushrooms, not Marsala, unfortunately I do not recall the exact name of the dish. It was a large portion that was quite tasty, served with homemade mashed potatoes. We were too full for dessert, but we took a slice of the yummy plum cake back to our B & B. If we return to Lubec in our travels, we will revisit Frank's Dockside. We had good service, a pretty water view, and authentic, home cooked food.

Visited June 2014

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great, Fresh Seafood”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Each dish was perfectly prepared. Three of us had seafood and one had prime rib. The food came out at the same time and each one was delicious. The chef really knows what he is doing.

Visited May 2014
Marigot Bay, St. Lucia
“Best Italian Restaurant in All of DownEast Maine”
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Incredible Menu, great ambiance, best Marina sauce. Love the crab dip appitizer, veal to die for, good wine selection for this venue. Excellent staff, and even the local desserts are brought in by a local baker, Hey Frank doesn't have time to also make desserts. Usual line forming outside about 7pm, great deck toon facing the Lubec Straight and Moholland Light House. If ever this far DownEast you must stop by. I am a seasonal Lubecer and go every week from May till October. never saw a chef so happy to make your whole experience wonderful.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank James O
Meriden, Connecticut
“A great place to "rest my bones"”
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

We have traveled the world looking for wings as good as the ones we get at home and here the sauce and the chicken fingers were spectacular...get a pound you won't regret it. Also the seafood stew was delightful!

Nesquehoning, Pennsylvania
“Great seafood restaurant”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

As my wife Kathy, dog Fluffy and myself like Lubec Maine very much we have eaten at Frank's Dockside on several occasions. The food is authentic Maine cooking. The fish chowder is as good as my grandmother us to make. The haddock is fresh and tasty. My grandmother couldn't make better. In the evening you can look out on the water and watch seals. They even have binoculars to help you watch the seals and gulls. Service is excellent, food is great, and view is wonderful.

Visited August 2013