“Terrible Service, Over Priced Medicore Food”
Review of Cohill's Pub

Cohill's Pub
Ranked #4 of 15 Restaurants in Lubec
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Harborton
“Terrible Service, Over Priced Medicore Food”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

I am deeply sadden that Cohill's Pub has taken a nose dive in service and food. We discovered Cohill's several years ago, on our first trip to Lubec. The food and service were so good at that time, we spent a week at Cohill's on our next vist to the area. Unfortunately, this is no longer the case. We had dinner at Cohill's a few weeks ago and the service the worse I have ever had (we were totally ignored and almost left due to the long wait to be served). The the food was mediocre at best. My fiance ordered Haddock Chowder that turned out to be potato soup with a few flakes of fish. My entre was OK, but nothing special. We will not be back. So sorry to see a once great establishment turn into a flop.

Millville, Massachusetts
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Didn't know what to expect...”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

but once we stepped inside and were greeted by Ellen (whom I believe is the owner and was our server) we were immediately delighted we chose to dine here! The view from our table was amazing... looking over the narrows of Lubec. No printed menu... it is written on a chalk board and Ellen was so helpful in explaining the many choices. The décor was definitely an Irish Pub... and Ellen was so friendly and engaging. We had enjoyable dialogue and quickly chose our meal. It is pub fare... but we were not looking for dinner that night. The portions were significant! I had the corned beef sandwich as did one of our friends... my husband had the shepherd pie. He was delighted with his choice.... and declared it was one of the best shepherd pies he has had in a long time. The corned beef was absolutely delicious.. and I couldn't finish the whole sandwich. Our other friend had the angus burger and was very pleased. We all left very happy we had chosen to dine at Cohill's and so enjoyed our experience there. When we return to Lubec... we will not hesitate to dine here again. And did I mention the views are awesome? Service and attention was excellent... don't pass this up if you visit Lubec!

Lubec, Maine
“Fine, but”
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Cohill's has been around for awhile now, and we've been coming from the start, with the restaurant part having some very busy days! The food is good, albeit a tad expensive, but it's pub food, so if you're lookin for a different menu at dinner time, you won't. Fantastic view, friendly staff, nice place to meet friends.

Moncton, Canada
“Friendly service, lots of smiles!”
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

We chose Cohill Pub as or late night dinner, or as late as you can get in Lubec! We sat down and were greeted right away, drink order and following food order taken quickly and pleasantly. I had the smoked salmon dip, my husband the angus burger, both were excellent with great portions. We had a visit/chat with the owners before we left, lovely people... If we are ever in Lubec again, this is a "must visit", I would highly recommend Cohill to anyone visiting!

Visited September 2013
Illinois, USA
“Great food and live Irish music”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Visited on a Saturday night. There was a three piece Irish band which we thoroughly enjoyed. We both had burgers which were very good; service was excellent as well. Guinness on tap was a welcome addition to the evening. The music really added to our enjoyment of the place, so I'd say if they have live music, definately check it out.

Visited September 2013