“Great Restaurant in Lubec”

Water Street Tavern & Inn
Ranked #3 of 16 Restaurants in Lubec
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We ate here on our first night in Lubec on the recommendation of the owners of our motel. We chose to eat inside as it was quite cool. Staff was friendly and helpful. My sister and I shared the Moqueca, a Brazilian salt water seafood stew in coconut milk, tomatoes, onions, garlic. . . It was very good. Our companion had the encrusted haddock which was also very good. We did find the Maine berry salad portion quite small for the price. The desserts, strawberry rhubarb and blueberry pie were delicious.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

We stopped here because it was the first place we came across that had an outdoor deck. We joined several locals and learned all about the town and the International Park across the border. Everyone was so friendly and helpful. The food was great and so was the view.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Enjoyed dinner on the deck the first night we stayed in Lubec. Friendly staff and owner was attentive checking on customers throughout meal. My husband tried Haddock Chowder at all of the local restaurants and ranked this one the best. Our pasta dishes did have a lot of garlic so request easy on the garlic if you aren't a fan. Great views from the deck. Overall a great place to dine and we may go back before leaving the area.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I never order lobster at a restaurant. I grew on the Seacoast and I can certainly steam a lobster for a lot less than ordering one out. The Water Street broke my tradition. As we were walking into the Tavern, the local fisherman was walking in with a tub of 1.5-2 lb lobsters - no menu - decision made. The dinner was absolutely perfect and of course the lobster was the freshest I have tasted.
The service was excellent and the side dishes also very good. We did not have desert or any drinks so I can't comment on the wine or sweets, but everything else was great. Other diners were having similar reactions to their selections. A nice surprise in such a small town.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We were two couples who chose to sit outside on the deck. It was fairly chilly, even in early August but it was stuffy and somewhat smelly inside. Improved ventilation might help. Two of us ordered the Sunday night steak special which was excellent and two of us ordered the salad with a piece of salmon on top. The salmon was perfect and the salad was as well. The prices were reasonable.