“The Eastland Motel Continues to be One of Our Favorites”
Review of Eastland Motel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Lubec
Eastland Motel
Ranked #2 of 8 Lubec B&B and Inns
Harborton
“The Eastland Motel Continues to be One of Our Favorites”
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We first discovered the Eastland 3 years ago, and have made it our home away from home at least twice a year ever since. Upon each vist we find more and more updates and renovations have been completed, this 1950's era motel. The rooms are spacious and tastefully decorated. The matresses and pillows are extra comfy. The owners, Heather and Glenn, make us feel like family. We are already looking forward to our next visit - hopefully over this Christmas and New Year holiday. In addition, the Eastland is close to charming downtown Lubec and Campebello Island.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the renovated rooms. Some of the rooms have not been renovated.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Hudson, Maine
Reviewed 9 October 2013

My room was clean and quiet. The bed was comfortable, the shower was spacious and plenty hot. The frig really kept things cold, not just cool. The microwave worked fine, as did the TV and the internet connection. Making my reservation was pleasant and friendly, and there was no problem when I told them I had to cut my visit short a day. I wish I didn't have to leave before the muffins were ready as I'll bet they were really good.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 6 October 2013

We ran into the quaintest motel in Lubec,ME. Our room was comfortable and well furnished. We were surprised to find a refrigerator and microwave. Several of the "majors" we had occupied during our week in Maine were not as well appointed. It's close to the Easternmost Point at West Quoddy Head Light and convenient to the Roosevelt Campobello International Park. The town has some great food and is full of friendly people -- just like the ones at the motel! You won't be disappointed with a visit to Eastland Motel and Lubec.

Room Tip: .We stayed in the main building.
Friendship, Maine
Reviewed 5 October 2013

The current owners of this motel have taken on a huge project and are really rising to the challenge! This is an older property which the owners are in the process of renovating. But don't worry about that - the rooms are very quiet, large, EXTREMELY clean, and comfortable. Some of the fixtures are dated, but in fine condition, clean, and functional. The shag carpeting in our room took us back a few decades, but it was incredibly clean. The carpet at the Hampton Inn we stayed in a few days earlier in a major city gave me the creeps, but I had no problem walking barefoot at the Eastland. They steam-clean their carpets regularly. As I said, the owners are renovating and when we were there, the roof was being replaced. They've added TV, a refrigerator, full sized coffee maker, and even a microwave and free WiFi. AND since they are so close to Canada which raises havoc with cell phone service, they offer free local AND long distance phone calls. I've never stayed in a hotel that offers that! Great location with easy access to Lubec, Campobello Island, and Eastport. Literally minutes to Quoddy Lighthouse. And the Apple Pie muffins in the morning were to die for! Highly recommended!!

Room Tip: Rooms at the back overlook a huge grassy yard.
Lee's Summit, MO
Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here on late September. From the outside, it looks like a motel that my parents and I used to stay at in the 60s--only quite up to date. When we checked in, Heather was extremely pleasant and right away started drawing us a map on how to get to the lighthouse and into town. When we got to the room, wow, that was a surprise. I just wish my bedroom at home looked as nice as that one. The blue on the walls reminded me of the ocean and the white trim was the sand. Very nice furniture--chest of drawer and dresser. Complete with mini frig and microwave. What else would you want other than to stay longer. Oh yes, one more thing.....free telephone service to anywhere in the US or Canada. We were told if we used our cell, it would probably pick up an Canadian tower and we would be charged a roaming fee.

We travel to New England every other year. See you again in 2015!
The Collins

Room Tip: Why Stay anywhere else??
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Eastland1, Owner at Eastland Motel, responded to this review, 5 October 2013
Thank you soooo much for the wonderful review! We continue to plug away at the room renovations, but for now are sprucing up the exterior. Glen has designed dormers for all exterior doors and he and my son, Courtney, are currently woking on the new roof and new sign. Hopefully this all helps move us into the 21st century! Thanks for staying with us. We hope to see you again in the future. : )
Boxford, Massachusetts
Reviewed 3 October 2013

The motel was very easy to find and our stay was great. We really loved the blue colors on the bed. The room was very spacious and clean as a whistle. We will be back next year on our trip down east. Thanks for a very nice time

Eastland1, Owner at Eastland Motel, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thanks for choosing to stay with us! Happy to hear you appreciate the new blue bedding... we are working to renovate the remaining rooms and included the same decor. We look forward to your return!
Limestone, Maine
Reviewed 2 October 2013

This was my first trip to Lubec, my first time attending the SummerKeys music program, and my first time going off an adventure like this by myself. I am so glad that I decided to take a chance on the Eastland Motel. Heather and Glenn were super hosts, and made me feel right at home from the moment I arrived. The room was cozy and very clean with everything I needed for my week long stay. I even practiced on the back lawn with no one complaining! The Eastland is close enough to the center of town so that going back and forth several times each day for lessons, ensemble sessions and practice times was no problem at all. The area is simply beautiful - the ocean, West Quoddy Light, Campobello in Canada just across the bridge - I'm looking forward to returning, and hopefully there'll be a vacancy at the Eastland!

Room Tip: Heather and Glenn are new owners and they are remodeling every room in the motel.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
Eastland1, Owner at Eastland Motel, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
We were absolutely thrilled to have you spend the week with us! We appreciated you sharing your Celtic harp with us and sharing those delectable chocolate treats! Hope to see you again next year. : )
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lubec
Granite Town Hotel
The Algonquin Resort St. Andrews by-the-Sea, Autograph Collection
Deer Island Inn
Deer Island Inn
#1 of 3 in Deer Island

Been to Eastland Motel? Share your experiences!