“A wonderful surprise”

Ranked #6 of 16 Restaurants in Lubec
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Enjoy the freshest seafood delivered daily to our wharf. We offer casual fine dining with a view of the water from every table. Enjoy the sunset from our deck and magnificent views of the bay.
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Our expectations were not high and we were under stress from travel, so we were overwhelmed when greeted by Tricia as if we were family and old friends. Not only was she an excellent hostess, but the service was flawless and the food prepared was perfectly cooked, fish finished at just the right point to be flaky and tender. We had to thank the chef as well for his quality production. With us was a friend from France, used to French finest and he was impressed with how well a small American restaurant could do so well. Any time we would return to Lubec, this restaurant would be our only choice.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

As we were staying at the hotel this restaurant was the easy choice. Nth at said we had pretty low expectations given its location in a small country town. What a surprise!

Although the menu is somewhat limited, the food was excellent and the place has a nice buzz about it.

Would very happily eat there again

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We had a couple appetizers in the evening and breakfast in a morning. I had the lobster stew in the evening and I enjoyed it a lot but it was quite spicy to the point the heat detracted from the total dish….it was way too spicy for my wife. For sure if you eat there and like wine with your meal, order it but the glass; their pours are much larger than you would get for the same price as a bottle.
For breakfast I had the Lobster, Eggs Benedict which was quite good. Based on several peoples raves and recommendations, my wife had the fried bread; we both were disappointed in that is was good but nothing special in our opinion. It looks like we are in the minority on the fried bread
Service was casual but good and the waitresses we had were friendly.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Great service, good food, reasonable prices. Had dinner and breakfast here.
Duck was exceptional. Lobster dinner a great value. The steamed mussels were yummy. Breakfast reasonable and good.

1  Thank Sllass
Reviewed 3 October 2013

We had lunch here a few days ago. We were en route from Bar Harbor, ME to Campobello Island. Service was fine. The food was also very good. I ordered a lobster roll. My companion ordered a burger and fries. Everything tasted great. The prices are reasonable. The portions are generous. The cole slaw that was one of my sides was very good. I asked about it and was told that it is made in house. It had some very nice seasoning to it. We would definitely return here, if in the area.