“Great historic Maine lighthouse”

West Quoddy Head Light
Ranked #1 of 16 things to do in Lubec
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Here is the place to be easternmost! Marvel at Grand Manan Island across the Quoddy Narrows. Take a hike. Learn about the Father of the Coast Guard. Chat with the gift shop folks. I bet you'll spend a bit more time here than you had allotted. Great spot! Don't miss it!

1  Thank Michael C

Reviewed 25 August 2014

The lighthouse is in a State Park and there's an honor system fee, $2 for Maine resident adults and $3 for non-resident adults. I'm not sure about seniors and children. There are short trails to hike and of course the lighthouse. The lighthouse asks for donations to enter, but not required. The lighthouse has a visitor center and provides lots of historical information about the lighthouse. As the saying goes, "you learn something new everyday". I learned a couple of things during the visit to include the founder of the Coast Guard, a ship wreck, and info about the lighthouse. BTW, the lighthouse does not allow visitors to go to the top. In my opinion the lighthouse is a must see when visiting Lubec, ME.

Enjoy!

1  Thank Gringo66
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Well, I think it's pretty cool to be at the eastern most point in the US. Very iconic look. I was foggy the day I went so my pictures are eerie and it was cool to hear the foghorn. Worth a stop and easy to find. If I wasn't so lazy, I would have loved to wake up before sunrise to stay I was the 1st person in the US to see the sun that day. That would have been cool.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

An excellent look at the life of a keeper. The museum, once the lighthouse keeper's residence, has striking and detailed exhibits of life at Quoddy Head. The photo opportunities outside the lighthouse are endless.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

nice trip for an hour or so. Very tranquill atmosphere. Entrance fee is not overpriced. I would not visit it twice though.