“Gorgeous and peaceful.”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tucson
Canyon Ranch in Tucson
Ranked #2 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
New Haven
“Gorgeous and peaceful.”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Not only is there an amazing view but it's so peaceful and everything you need is right there. I loved it the moment we arrived. You can order food while at the pool which I loved because you don't have to leave for lunch or a snack. The trails around the property are wonderful as well. I wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, 8 January 2014
Happy New Year and we thank you for sharing your compliments on our peaceful and beautiful lush desert environment here at Canyon Ranch. The pool side dining option is a favorite relaxation spot for our guests. We would be pleased to welcome you back again this year!
Healthy regards,
Kyle Treat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Stress, nerves and angst all relieved after one week in this remarkable environment. To do or not to do, that is your decision. Work out, take classes, explore something you have never done before - take something home with you to kick start you to a healthier lifestyle. Loved every minute!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, 4 January 2014
It is our pleasure to be the catalyst for you starting 2014 stress and angst free. Enjoy your healthier outlook and new found healthy lifestyle skills throughout the new year until we have an opportunity to see you again.
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I went to Canyon Ranch to learn what I could to help educate our patients. I have been a Nurse Practitioner for 40 years and believe me when I say I learned plenty, not just for my patients but for me! The lectures were so inspiring and educational. The quality of the presenters was impressive. They had a way of making what I had heard 100 times ring true and have a real impact on how I want to care for myself and my patients!

Room Tip: The campus is large however assistance per golf cart was available whenever I needed it and the driv...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
We admire your dedication to offering your patients the latest in health and wellness education and chose us to expand your CME opportunities. Thank you for your endorsement of our mission and we wish you continued success in offering solutions for improved health to all your patients in the new year. I am gratified to hear we were able to offer you additional inspiration to seek improved health and wellness in your own life. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back again soon.
Vancouver
Reviewed 3 January 2014

I stayed at Canyon Ranch in Tucson Arizona for 3 nights. Against the backdrop of the beautiful Catalina Mountain Ranges walking around the property was most enjoyable. I participated in a number of the complimentary classes. I did Zumba, cardio circuit, walleyball, boxing and a beaming balance class. I was inspired to do classes that took me slightly out of my comfort zone because their is such a supportive energy at the Ranch.

I met a number of new friends from across North America. It was easy to connect as people were happy, full of exercise endorphins and wanting to meet others. There is a very loyal clientele that stays at the Ranch, some have been going every year for 20 years.

My favourite activities were the off property hikes. The guides were so knowledgeable of the land. And they do a great job of organizing people of different fitness to the right level of hike.

I look forward to going back soon!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Congratulations on stepping outside your comfort zone to try some new ways to enjoy being active. You often see guests joining together to experience a new class together, dine together or enjoy one of are many fabulous hikes as new found friends. The Catalina Mountains are spectacular and rise to over 9000 feet to provide our expert hiking guides year round destinations that are inspiring and breathtaking. It will be my pleasure to extend your compliments to the hiking department. Thank you for choosing Canyon Ranch and we look forward welcoming you back very soon. Happy New Year!
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 December 2013

I can't say enough wonderful things about my experience at Canyon Ranch in Tuscon. I know a review isn't helpful when it just says everything was perfect, but that pretty much sums up my stay.

Canyon Ranch was exactly what I needed to restore and rejuvenate during a very stressful phase. Canyon Ranch offered the ideal environment of physical and mental health. The food is absolutely sensational; it's clean, healthy, and delicious (don't worry, there is plenty of it! you're not going hungry - just healthy. I recommend CR's "Nourish" the cookbook!). The service is truly out of this world - from getting picked up at the airport, to the attentive and accommodating wait staff, to the knowledgable spa staff, everyone is pleasant and helpful.

I recommend Tucson over Lennox if you like a more low-key environment (Lennox felt like upper east side manhattan transplanted). I was surprised at the medical expertise - if I had it to do again, I would have done a full medical physical. The professionals and facilities are state of the art. And don't underestimate the lectures - they were excellent! Golf instruction/pros are great (indoor facility to work on your swing and short game, with video analysis). One sports regret: I wish I had brought my tennis racket!

I went to CR for working out, weight-loss, and de-stressing. On the work-out front, the facilities are great and the training staff is absolutely wonderful - but if you're an intense athlete, advanced in yoga, etc. then the classes might seem a little light, but they are still very good. Just think along the lines of de-stressing and health vs. high-performance fitness. That said, I kept my day filled with classes and was absolutely exhausted each night!

Can't wait to go back next year - worth every penny.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Our main goal is to offer the most comprehensive and enjoyable health and wellness vacation available and I’m thrilled to hear that we exceed your expectations. Thank you for your fabulous review of our staff, food and activities and for recommending the Nourish cookbook. We hope our guests continue their healthy dining at home and Nourish features recipes for some of our guests’ favorite menu items. And I will happily pass your compliments to our board certified medical team and their wellness staff. Wishes for a Happy and Healthy New Year and it will be our pleasure to welcome you back in 2014.
Healthy regards,
Montreal, Quebec
Reviewed 26 December 2013

I've been returning to Canyon Ranch regularly and it always manages to achieve the highest standard. It's not only a wonderful spa/hotel, but it's an amazing wellness center that inspires a healthy life, physically and mentally. If you're looking for more than the run of the mill spa experience (which you could still do here) this is the best place I know of.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, 28 December 2013
On behalf of all of the staff at Canyon Ranch, I would like to thank you for your loyalty and support of our mission of providing the best vacation choice devoted to health and wellness. We wish you and your loved ones a healthy and happy New Year.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 23 December 2013

After a 21 year hiatus, I revisited Canyon Ranch Tucson for my 60th Birthday gift from my husband, staying 11 nights- participating in LEC Weight Management Program Dec 6-18.
During the last 20 years I have ventured to other spas, Green Valley, Lake Austin, Ixtapa, Safety Harbor, etc and avoided Canyon Ranch, other than a brief 3 night stay in Lenox......due to sticker shock. After researching this time, I chose Canyon Ranch for a number of reasons - I have always wanted to come back, knew it had an exceptional LEC program (Life Enhancement Center) I love Tucson, love hiking, and it is simply a cut above most if not all of the other destination spas. The price they quote includes everything, taxes with an allowance for personal services, From the second I stepped off the plane at Tucson airport, every need was met. The services allowance was so generous that I had a tough time using it all because I didn't want to miss all the great classes.
The CR activities are endless and very appealing. One thing I always remembered about the ranch is that in each class there are 2 instructors, one teaching class and the other making sure you are properly aligned doing the exercises correctly.

CR is expensive but worth it. No request goes unnoticed, and each and every staff member accommodates whatever is needed.

My Bible for the stay was "This Week at Canyon Ranch" where I meticulously mapped out each day the night prior - there are so many choices and not enough time to do a fraction of it.

The food was amazing. What would be even greater for food sourcing- a greenhouse and gardens for local produce - like Cuisinart in Anguilla has on property. I attended the demo kitchen 3 times for lunch where Sean the Chef was informative and entertaining. Steve and Christy the exercise physiologists were amazing- both former marines. The neuro-muscular therapist Jack was incredible. My list goes on and on.
The Canyon Ranch hikes in Sabino Canyon and Pima Canyon were exhilarating and challenging.
The 7 am 2 mile loop morning walks led by local community walkers Steve, Bob, and others offered a great kickstart for the day.
I am already figuring out ways I will be able to return to Canyon Ranch next year... without hitting the lottery. A stay there is priceless.

Room Tip: My room was not in a good location, Room 122 was dark at night, in an old section, with Spartan lan...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank nanzim
jharrison2012, General Manager at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Happy Birthday and thank you for choosing to celebrate your 60th with us! We appreciate the time you have taken to share your recent experience and the Life Enhancement Program is a terrific way to get acquainted again with your wellness goals. It will be my pleasure to pass on your compliments to Chef Sean, physiologists Steve and Christy, as well as our walkers Steve and Bob. You have shared some great tips and insights for the readers here at TripAdvisor; and thank you for sharing some of your photos. We look forward to your return and until then, we wish you the happiest and healthiest New Year.