All reviewsexercise classesspa treatmentshealthy foodlife changinghealing touchmeditation gardenmedical stafflocker roomropes courselose weightaerial yogamother daughterno tippingspent a weekgrounds are beautifulcrenhancement
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

After decades, Canyon Ranch has finally changed owners. For many (including us) this has created a great deal of anxiety because Canyon Ranch has a very loyal following. Also, many members have invested large amounts of money for future visits and they may now be wondering about their investments.

My wife and I just returned and the services, food, classes, hikes and upkeep were all still outstanding! Some of the personnel were still learning but they were all very nice. The menu has changed slightly but the food was still very good and I suspect there will still be improvements during the transition.

We enjoyed our visit as much as always and left feeling healthier and we'll taken care of! We can't wait to return again!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank larryAnnapolis
crsocial, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2017

Canyon Ranch is a very special place devoted to sharing wellness as a way of life. That is what makes us unique and as we continue to evolve, it will remain the motivating factor in providing our guests with the ultimate wellness vacation experience. Whether our guests come looking for a pampering retreat, to start (or restart) a fitness regimen, or experience a wellness centered stay to focus on their personal health, our professional and caring staff is committed to helping our guests meet their individual goals. Thank you for sharing your wonderful review with TripAdvisor and we look forward to welcoming you and your wife back very soon.

Reviewed 6 December 2017

The food was great and better than expected. There are so many out of the box activities to do, it is truly a unique experience. I plan on going every year as long as I am able. I learned new ways to sleep better, eat better, and reduce stress.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank michelleharvell

Thank you for sharing your enthusiasm for Canyon Ranch in Tucson, its environment, activities and healthy cuisine. We will be delighted to have the opportunity to welcome you every year. Our warmest wishes for a healthy and happy holiday season and the best to you in 2018.

Reviewed 5 December 2017

This is the place to connect with your body soul and mind. Really a unique experience thanks to their services and activities.
Super friendly staff, they go above and beyond!

3 nights might not be enough. Would recommend 5 nights to really immerse and take advantage of all the things you can do.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aschmulson
crsocial, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your vacation experience with TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear how much you enjoyed spending time focusing on your health and wellness. Until we may welcome you back, have a happy holiday season.

Reviewed 1 December 2017

I'm not sure there are words to truly describe how wonderful Canyon Ranch is! I'm fortunate enough to say over the last 14 years, this was my 6th visit. Thanks to Lori at spaconnection.com and being flexible in stay dates, we received great rates for the end of October. New management has taken over, I had the pleasure of talking to the very pleasant new "Mr. Director" at breakfast one morning. Not a lot has changed, but the non rotating menu was the only "bit of a disappointment". It's nice to have a totally new menu each day, now it stays the same for the week. Many good choices (yes, it's healthy, and portions are what they should be instead of the whopping American super sized meals we usually eat.) You can always ask for more of your entree or dessert. The salad/buffet bar is always fresh and exceptional. I am a healthy eater, so take that into account. Both my daughter and sister were equally pleased. I understand they are still working on the menu, so things might change. You won't find a salt shaker or additional sugar unless you ask for it. Maybe worth thinking about before you ask..... The wait staff is pleasant and friendly. Great service. We loved the new addition of the outdoor cafe, since the weather (70's to 80 during the day), was perfect for an outdoor lunch. Nice light, delicious menu. You can be as active or sedentary as you please. Our age range was 35 - 60 years and we had plenty to do. I love George and his Gi Gong and Tai Chi. Michelle was stellar as our yoga and pilates flow instructor. David gave an amazing guided mediation one morning in the sanctuary overlooking the desert landscape. Plenty of hiking, if you want or relaxing if that's what you need. We did a fun night vision goggle walk at Sabino Canyon, with Eric our guide. Eric was fun and informative. The Thursday night tour was filled and they were so accommodating to add a tour just for us on Wednesday night. Unique experience. Even silly Halloween bingo (which I normally will not participate in) was fun and they gave away very nice prizes. I had an amazing deep tissue muscle treatment. Great exfoliation, soaked in a fragrant tub until I was a noodle and then a deep massage by Ashley who was marvelous. Sue Kagel is an amazing healer - "healing touch" is her specialty and without going into detail, it has helped me tremendously and is one of the main reasons, I have gone to Canyon Ranch many times. I am Sue's number one fan. Top notch treatments. I love the locker rooms/sauna/relaxation room. Yes, the treatments are pricey, but you get an allowance and can easily manage a treatment most days on that allowance. We always end up adding and paying for an extra treatment, because it's hard not treating yourself to such goodness. After all, self care is important! We had a two bedroom casita, with two bathrooms and a laundry, which was great. I am a "the corners of my room better be clean, high maintenance traveler. Our room was impeccably clean. It's the only place that I sleep as well as my own bed. Fluffy towels, nice amenities. The only odd thing was one shower, one tub. We aren't tub people but no big deal. It was toward the back of the property which we loved walking back and forth. If you don't like the thought of a walk, ask for a closer room and I bet they will accommodate you, if at all possible. The smell of lavender and other oh so pleasant fragrances define Canyon Ranch. If you don't have something at Canyon Ranch that you need or want, it's because you didn't ask. I did experience an interesting guest who was complaining that there wasn't any plain water in the locker room, just lovely infused water ( much to my liking), so I guess you just can't please everyone. I'm a down home, save your pennies to travel kind of person, so I appreciate all they do. It truly is the place to "notch it down", get centered and get off the grid. At least that is what it did for the three of us. Each of us has made lifestyle changes because of our visit. For us, that was the purpose of our visit and Canyon Ranch delivered. We will be going back, the next time we have flexible time and can find great rates from spaconnection.com.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Laurie B
crsocial, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2017

It was a pleasure meeting you at breakfast. I personally enjoy the opportunity to work so closely with our amazing team of professionals and staff here at the best wellness destination resort on earth - I'm thrilled your interactions with them proved just as remarkable. We are always working to refine our menu and we will continue to listen to our guests’ feedback. We are enhancing the menu with a reintroduction of guest favorites and the Balanced Selection has returned. We truly appreciate our guests sharing their experiences on TripAdvisor and I thank you for taking the time to share yours. We value your loyalty the past fourteen years. It will be a delight to share your wonderful compliments with staff. See you again soon!

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Canyon Ranch in Tucson has been one of our favorite vacations… We have been there at least a dozen times. New management has taken over in the beginning of the year and several people have been let go. There is talk about refurbishing the rooms. It is about time. They are getting a little outdated. The major change so far has been in the dining area. There is no longer a rotation of the menus… The menu is the same every night. Some of the dining room hostess staff are quite young and could use additional training in customer relations. The spa area goes back to the original days and can use some major overhauls. Overall… Very nice vacation.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank abarasol
crsocial, Managing Director at Canyon Ranch in Tucson, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

We thank you for continuing to choose Canyon Ranch in Tucson for your vacation though we are disappointed to hear your recent experience did not meet all of your expectations. I am happy to share with you that facilities and room renovations will be happening soon. Canyon Ranch is constantly evolving and our current menu is also experiencing some exciting changes. We have added more protein and vegetable selections and in a couple of weeks we will be adding daily specials and enhancing our culinary theater, which is our action station in The Grill - it will boast Asian soup/noodle options just to name a few to accompany the already popular sandwich and pasta bar. It is our hope you will continue to enjoy Canyon Ranch in Tucson as one of your favorite vacation destinations.