“We had a FABULOUS experience at Miraval!”

Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Knoxville, Tennessee
“We had a FABULOUS experience at Miraval!”
Reviewed 24 March 2011

Spent an amazing 5 days at Miraval in March -- my spa buddy and I travel each year to a different US destination spa (so we have high standards) and have to say Miraval exceeded all of our expectations and is definitely one of our top stays.

The food was great; room room accommodations were wonderful, the property and surrounding countryside was amazing too.......the spa services were very relaxing; Spirit Flight is a unique, amazing experience-try it! You can do as much or as little as you want - ziplining in the desert to relaxing by one of the pools; just what the doctor ordered (and the weather was mid 80's)......

Look forward to returning to Miraval soon--I highly recommend it when you need some pampering and 'me' time!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
bpurvis1, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 April 2011
Thank you for sharing about your recent visit. I'm so pleased to know that we could "wow" you and that although you are no stranger to destination spas, you recognized the uniqueness of Miraval. I sincerely hope we'll see you back again soon. Thank you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Langley City, Canada
Reviewed 21 March 2011

I will write a more full review once my trip is complete but I too experienced the dining issues that the previous person reported. I ate alone so the looooooonnnnng wait was nothing short of embarrasing. Never being offered a drink or a refill - forgetting an entree entirely? Not nice considering how much we paid to be here.

I complained but have yet to hear anything back.

Other than that everything is going well and it is a very lovely place. I too have had no bad appointments.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank travelmomof3boys
bpurvis1, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 22 March 2011
First, I apologize that your experience in our dining room was anything less than spectacular. At Miraval, we hang our hat on excellent customer service and what you describe is not the standard we set for our guests or our staff. After speaking with my team here, it is my understanding that when you spoke with Maggie, our Guest Services Agent, she informed you that we would take care of the issue. Communications were sent to all departments immediately and as far as we knew, the problem had been rectified. I do thank you for the feedback here and please know that I will be reaching out to you during your stay to communicate further in person.
newyork
Reviewed 20 March 2011

I just got back from my second trip to Miraval. First, I adore this place. The concept and most of the execution is excellent. Unfortunately, I picked the week that the kitchen staff walked out. One day my entree was never delivered. I experienced several 3+ hour meals at the Miraval Table - groups of eight+ women waiting for water and clearing their own dirty plates from the table... as the staff apologizes and explains they are short staffed. It was embarrassing. By the way, the staff that works the dining room is lovely.. just extremely overworked and visibly under a lot of pressure. I am writing this review because I hope that management is going to do as they say and fix the dining room issues and because I think it is fair game to let people know that this is not currently managed as a five star resort. Management simply would not let this happen at a five star resort. It is too special a place to be poorly managed. A previous reviewer got $1000 in treatments for the trouble of bringing issues to management's attention. That is a pretty good deal. Outside of this hopefully temporary problem Miraval is a great place. Every lecture is amazing.. I haven't been to one that I wasn't thrilled I went to. Spa treatments and spa staff are fantastic. Facilities are very nice. Tennis courts, pools and rooms are all beautiful.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank newyorker020
First, let me apologize. As this is your second visit to Miraval, you know that excellent service is the keystone of the Miraval experience. I can tell you honestly that with the remodel of our dining room and the loss of newly hired staff, there has been a glitch in service in this area. But as you so kindly pointed out, this is (I can promise you) a temporary problem and we are taking steps each and every moment to rectify it. We can and will deliver the level of service you've become accustomed to in every area so that this life-changing place can be everything you want it to be and more. I'm glad to hear that all the other aspects of your visit here at Miraval were just as meaningful and enjoyable as you remembered. We hope to see you back again soon.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 March 2011

I visited this past September for the first time and since then there is barely a day that goes by without thinking of it. I've been trying to get inspired to lose weight for a VERY long time. Finally, I'm losing & have created what I'm calling "Mini-Miraval-Days" for myself...starting with a healthy breakfast, long shower, giving myself a facial, going to yoga, healthy lunch, going to get my nails done, then ZUMBA...with lots of positive affirmations thrown in. Thank you Miraval for being inspiring! I can't wait until my next "Real Miraval Day!" until then...more Mini-Miraval-Days for me!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
I love hearing about your "mini-Miraval days" at home! As we like to say here, it's all about "life in balance" and it sounds like you've figured out a way to achieve that throughout the year. It's so wonderful to be reminded that the work we do here at Miraval really affects people's lives, so thank you so much for sharing. I certainly hope that we'll see you back at Miraval soon to give you more inspiration!
Canada
Reviewed 15 March 2011

Miraval is a wonderful place. It can be experienced so many different ways. A full on spa , an adventure challenge, a health retreat, a spiritual journey. My trip was outstanding. I was there for a more soothing spiritual experience and got way more than expected. I actuallly did no spa treatments but did do some wonderful private sessions. The Spirit Flight with Dr Tim Frank was simply amazing as were two Holographic Memory Resolution sessions with Brent Baum. These were profound and life changing experiences. Dr Tim and Brent both have such gentle, soothing, healing energy that I felt completely safe and supported in my sessions. I travelled solo and met some great women. I chose to sit at the 'Miraval' table each night for dinner which was a great way to meet other people. The food was outstanding, the activities were fantastic, and the surrounding landscape was unbelievable. I'll be back.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank lsbovi
bpurvis1, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 17 March 2011
Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. Spirit Flight with Dr. Tim Frank and Holographic Memory Resolution with Brent Baum are two of our most unique services so it's fantastic to hear that they were so meaningful for you. Also, I'm glad you were able to meet people on your solo journey here... We can't wait to see you back at Miraval on your next visit!
Gig Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Been visiting this spot for rejuvenation, relaxation and transitions in life for years but the best compliment on this resort came from my "non spa like" husband, Ken....

"As you know I am not the foo-foo style, or guru seeking kind, however, I can honestly say this is the only spa I have ever been able to totally 100% enjoy being at."

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nfaust57
bpurvis1, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 10 March 2011
First of all, thank you for returning to Miraval again and again over the years! We often say that Miraval is "much more than a spa" and your husband Ken's words speak to that. With our extensive programming like wellness lectures, fitness, hiking, mountain biking, etc., Miraval can be a life-changing and enjoyable vacation for everyone - spa enthusiasts and non-spa enthusiasts alike. We look forward to welcoming you both back to Miraval soon!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 16 February 2011

I will recommend this resort to anyone who wants to get away of the city life and need to relax and to learn about yourself.
You should try the Quantum Leap II.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank PierreZonzon
Thanks so much for sharing! It's true that we are a retreat from the "big city" and a place for personal growth - especially on our challenge course as you mention Quantum Leap II. We hope to have you back at Miraval again soon!