Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Catalina Inn(Tucson)
  • Restaurant
1,334 results
All reviewsequine experiencethai massagejuice barcardio drummingfloating meditationquantum leapspirit flightchallenge courseaqua zenandrew wolfmeditation classesno tipping policylife changingpersonal growthmountain bikingcomfort zoneguest services
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I can't stop thinking about Miraval...and following them on Facebook doesn't help. I don't know where to begin. All I can say is it's worth it. If you're like me and live on a budget, splurge. If money is no object then what are you really waiting for. The people were awesome, the facilities were awesome, the food was good, the room was very comfortable, the atmosphere is peaceful and serene. I'm still trying to figure out when I can go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
MiravalGM, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2012

Hi there- Thank you so much for writing! It's wonderful to hear that you had such an unforgettable experience here. We look forward to welcoming you back to Miraval soon!

Reviewed 10 July 2012

Everything about this place is perfect if you ask me. The only thing I cannot attest to is the spa because it was undergoing a major overhaul and was set to be finished in May 2012. The atmosphere is one of wellness, but it isn't 'in your face, make you feel guilty for having a cocktail' type of wellness. It is high end, no doubt, but there is a vey relaxed atmosphere about the place! At dinner, there were some dressed in resort casual (upscale) and some were in their robes. Indoor and outdoor dining. The food was amazing and they list out calories and sugars, protein, etc... Loved that. I did get spa treatments and they were fantastic (and I am a spa snob). This is an awesome spot for couples or groups of friends - and I would say even a Board of Directors level 'rewards' trip.

The room was wonderful, very spacious, seating area outside where you could soak things in. The fitness options here are fantastic! Yoga of so many types.....a great workout area. Coaches of any type you can image - stress management, weight loss, healthy lifestyle, getting rid of a painful past.... you name it. There was even a psychic when we were there. So it has something for everyone and activities go on all day and you sign up for the ones you are interested in. Just fantastic! I wish I could have stayed two weeks straight and had the chance to try everything. The staff was helpful, friendly.

One other thing to note for those interested in having an event - they have the most wonderful theater that can accommodate about 100 people. For a Sales Meeting, Company Educational Event, Motivational Speaker - this is a fantastic venue in an intimate environment. It doesn't sound like it is used very often, but it is a great asset to the place.

In a word, it was just perfect.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Hi Shelane! Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of your visit to Miraval! It sounds as though you were able to experience many aspects of Miraval. Thank you for mentioning the wide variety of activities and specialists that we offer - you're right, there is something for everyone here. I'm glad you loved your spa treatments; however, I do hope you come back soon to experience the new Life in Balance Spa - it's breathtakingly beautiful. See you on your next visit!

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Went with a girlfriend - we had a great experience. Food was great, classes were fabulous, very casual atmosphere. Cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2011
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Hey there - Thanks for writing! It's wonderful to hear that you had such a great experience and appreciated the casual atmosphere we try to create. We often talk about Miraval being a place where our guests can truly be themselves so it's nice to hear that you felt so comfortable here. We look forward to welcoming you both back to Miraval in the future!
MIchael

Reviewed 8 July 2012

This was my first visit - on a recommendation from my best friend. I went with my sister in honor of her 50th birthday. It truly is a magical, spiritual adventure providing great body and mind rejuvenation. I can't wait to go back again.

Room Tip: You do not spend a lot of time in your room, so I would go for the least expensive. The beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in - and I own a Westin Heavenly bed
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Barbara1997
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Hi Barbara! Thank you for writing! It's so wonderful to hear that you and your sister were able to celebrate here at Miraval. I'm glad you had such an adventure of the mind/body and went home feeling refreshed and ready to tackle life's challenges. We hope to see you and your sister back at Miraval again soon!

Reviewed 4 July 2012

Note: I am a travel agent and did not pay for this stay, but everything below is true. Really.

I’m always comparing restaurants when I travel to San Francisco because that’s where I live, and it’s hard to live up to those standards. Miraval does a really great job at that. The chef, Chad Luethje, is awesome. He really is. The cuisine is creative, it’s tasty, it’s healthful and it makes you think about what you usually eat and what you could eat. What we eat is a choice, and I think we tend to forget that with our busy lives. We’re also used to eating that which our culture has told us to eat for as many years as we are old. So when you don’t get a piece of fish smothered with sauce, but instead just grilled with a fruit-vegi salsa, it’s a great wake up call that you can choose what you want. I hope that lesson comes home with me.

Miraval is known for their Equine Experience. Their tag line is “It’s Not About the Horse.” Right – it’s about You. People go to Miraval to do Yoga, to swim, to get massage treatments, to meet with specialists from every conceivable spectrum of Wellness. And people go to hang out with some horses for a couple of hours. The idea in plain words is to try to understand the concept of confidence and how one interacts with others. The session ends up with you as a horse trainer. Will the horse do what you want her to, or not? Is that what real life is about? Anyway, it’s pretty cool, even if you’re a born cynic like me.

And of course the bunnies… Those cute little critters everywhere.

To read more about Miraval, read my blog, starting with this one

Room Tip: If you like contemporary, either book a villa or rooms in the 600 series. The other rooms are very nice and kept up but they're probably 20 years old.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 10 July 2012

Hi Josh - Thank you for coming out to Miraval. I so appreciate you spending your time with us. I'm glad you enjoyed the food and meeting Chef Chad. I take such pride in the culinary team's ability to create mouthwatering dishes that are surprisingly low in calories. It sounds from your review and blog that you embrace what Miraval is all about; and, I hope you're excited to direct guests our way who can truly benefit from the Miraval experience.
I hope to see you again soon!