“awesome”

Ranked #6 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
“awesome”
Reviewed 26 July 2012

My friend and I were lucky enough to go to Miraval at the beginning of June - neither of us had ever done anything like this before - it exceeded our expectations in every way possible from the accomodations, to the food to the activites to the classes to the spa!! Fantastic - all the staff are so warm and friendly. I hope to return soon - maybe with my husband.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
MiravalGM, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 9 August 2012
Hi There! Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us! I'm so glad to hear that we were able to exceed your expectations at every turn. I do hope that you will visit again soon and bring your husband! I have a feeling he will love it just as much as you did!
Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
Reviewed 23 July 2012

The usual loss for words when I try to describe my tiime at Miraval returns! Peaceful, on-purpose, fun, intentional, magical, mindful - they all seem inadequate. So much more than a getaway and so more more like a life changing opportunity. Yes, the setting is exceptional. Yes, the classes, the outdoor experiences are amazing and, yes, the sessions offering you an opportunity to step into the unknown or explore what may be possible defy description.

But at the center of it all, at least to me, are the people. From their leader & CEO Michael Tompkins, to the amazing Stacia (if you are lucky, she will check you in ) to the warm, friendly Bryan greeting you with a smile each day in the dining room - it's all about the people. They care, They like where they work. They are mindful and will engage in fun conversations. They genuinely welcome you and are there to help make your stay the outstanding experience it always is. Their smiles are real & their commitment to excellence obvious.

This visit I went with a group of 60 type-A women (for the most part.) We couldn't wait to gather at every meal to share stories of what we experienced between gatherings. People booked another day, girlfriends made solid commitments to return, the feeling of what being mindful felt like and looked like spread among us like a twitter in the old-fashioned sense. We left our businesses and the challenges of every day life outside the gate. We were present.

Miraval is the place where you will find you & really like what you find. I cannot wait to visit again.

Room Tip: I happen to love the 500 series rooms with a back patio. Quiet, far enough away from the hub and yet...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Gina1950
Hi Gina - It's always a pleasure to see you here at Miraval - I believe I speak for my whole team when I say thank you for sharing your enthusiasm for Miraval with the world. I know that you embrace the Miraval philosophy and promote healthy, sustainable living in your own life and work. Keep it up! And thank you again.
Reviewed 21 July 2012

I felt like I was in another world. The staff from the minute you arrive was waiting on you hand and foot. The food was outstanding and very healthy, with so many choices. The casitas, especially the beds were so fabulous and private feeling. There was every choice for activity, spa, pools, classes for every possible interest, yoga, meditation etc. etc. The grounds were spectacular. An inspiring experience.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Joanne T
Hi Joanne! Thank you for writing! Our mantra is mindful, personalized guest service so I love hearing that our team made you feel so taken care of during your stay. I hope to see you at Miraval again soon!
Reviewed 20 July 2012

What a wonderful place to relax and be pampered. Great views. Terrific food. Everything is first-class.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Hi Jessica - Thanks so much for posting. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I do hope you'll visit us again soon!
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Miraval Resort and Spa is the perfect get away that will leave you feeling completely whole. The property, food, activities and service are nothing short of spectacular. Look no further for the vacation, retreat, or location to motivate you to be your best self. Though I like to travel and visit new places, this is one place where I will return again...and again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
MiravalGM, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 23 July 2012
Hi Margaret - Thank you for your kind words! It is always wonderful for us to have Tucson locals stay at Miraval to experience the spa and benefit from our talented talented team of wellness specialists. Thank you for writing. It's nice to hear that you plan to return again and again - we look forward to having you!
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I just spent a wonderful day at Miraval last weekend - it was so relaxing it seemed like 3 days - and I'm still floating! From the gracious hospitality by staff, the fabulous food, fun activities, I would highly recommend it for every occasion. There is something for everyone - highly charged activities like Zumba and "The Quantum Leap" to the more calm meditative classes such as yoga and the wonderful spa services, Miraval is sure to exceed your expectations. Give it a try.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Hi there - Thank you for writing! I'm glad you felt as though time slowed down while you were on property so you could savor every moment. It's nice to hear how you appreciated the fact that Miraval offers something for everyone. I can honestly say that whether you are a spa enthusiast, yogi, or adventure-seeker, we can provide the experience that is just right for you. Thank you again and we hope to see you back at Miraval soon!
Reviewed 19 July 2012

It is not often you can find a resort location that offers the ultimate pampering and opportunity to refresh while concurrently providing opportunities for learning and growth. Miraval provides both experiences from the minute you arrive until you leave the property. The food is incredible. The staff... well, it is evident they love their job and they exude their passion in an authentic, inspiring way. In my brief night there (I wish it had been longer) I was able to experience Cardio Drumming, an incredible massage with Becca, a mindfulness meditation class and the life changing Equine Experience. It might sound like I was running around, but that is not the case... I was also able to relax by the fireplace in my stunning room with views of the mountains. Miraval is a must do!

Room Tip: Room 319 is amazing. Fireplace with a living room feel. Private patio. DEEP tub. Unbelievable be...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Sarah J
HI Sarah - Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit. I'm glad to hear that even though your stay was brief, you were able to get a taste of the variety of experiences that Miraval has to offer. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your casita and were able to get a massage in our brand new Life in Balance Spa. We look forward to welcoming you back to Miraval soon!