“Miraval just keeps getting better and better!”

Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Birmingham, Alabama
“Miraval just keeps getting better and better!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

I have written a review before, but after returning from my last trip in July, and experiencing the new, spectacular spa, I have to share. This was my ninth visit to Miraval. Over the years, it has become a home away from home, to relax, learn about myself, challenge myself, physically, mentally and spiritually but most of all be in the glorious and serene surroundings. Miraval is more than a spa vacation. It is magic...pure and simple. I have met people there that have profoundly affected my life. From the staff, professionals and the guests (some that have become life-long friends), it is the best of the best! The food is delicious and now you can even get room service (a new addition). The variety of activities are balanced with extreme physical challenges to fun and relaxing classes. The new spa is so glorious....perfection! The world-class professionals, teachers, and guest lecturers are the best. A must-see is Coach Leigh Weinraub, the tennis pro, but also therapist who does "Walk & Talk" therapy. An icon at Miraval, Wyatt Webb now does lectures, as well as Equine Experience. The yoga and meditation teachers are so special, and for sure try the new Naga Thai Massage! I could write a book, but in summary, it is a very special place..you just have to go once to be hooked!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are renovated already.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank gypsygirl1954
MiravalGM, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 29 August 2012
Hi There - Wow! Thank you so much for writing! I'm glad that you were able to see and experience our new Life in Balance Spa on your most recent visit. With the opening of the new spa, we finally feel that the physical spa matches the amazing, unrivaled talent of our therapists and aestheticians. We feel privileged to be your home away from home and look forward to welcoming you back once again upon your return.
Michael

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
los angeles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2012

Miraval has so much to offer. It is an all inclusive resort and spa and there is something for everyone. I have been numerous times. My ONLY complaint is that they do not allow you to carry over spa credits to another visit. I think that would not only allow a visitor to get full use of their credits but would also act as an incentive for a return visit.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank geekygirl13
Hi there - First, let me thank you for being such a loyal guest to Miraval over the years. We are so lucky to have guests like you who appreciate the Miraval philosophy and continue to benefit from the Miraval experience year after year. I appreciate your feedback about spa credit carryover - it's an interesting idea that we will discuss. We look forward to having you back at Miraval again in the near future!
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Just spent 3 wonderful days at Miraval, (my first trip). All the good things that have already been said here are true-- the setting, property and spa are truly gorgeous, the food is ridiculously good, the Equine Experience really is a must do, and other workshops and classes I participated in were terrific as well.

The one other thing I would add that really impressed me about the place was that the word "yes" seems to be the default response. You want to take your lunch to-go down to the pool? Of course! You need to leave a class early to get to another? No problem. Can't decide between two different dinner entrees? How about we split them for you? Or we can just bring you one of each(!) Seriously!

The only "problem" I could detect at Miraval is that the customer service is SO good, and everyone is so genuinely kind, helpful and accommodating that I had no chance to practice the skills of mindfulness and breathing I was learning there as ways to manage aggravation and frustration. Ah well, plenty of opportunities for that waiting back in the real world. But when all that gets to be too much again, I'll remember what a lovely break Miraval is from it and hope to head back again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank liberalartz
MiravalGM, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Hi there - Wow! Thank you so much for writing! We always say that your Miraval stay can be anything you want it to be - and it's fun to hear of the little ways that you made your stay your own. Our team is committed to making your Miraval experience what YOU need it to be so if that means taking your lunch to sit poolside or ordering two entrees at dinner, that's more than ok with us! We look forward to having you back at Miraval soon!
San Jose, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2012

Miraval Resort and Spa was a fantastic experience. The rooms were large and well appointed. The setting beautiful. The spa is sublime and the treatments were relaxing and executed with professionalism. The food is healthy with lots of flavor, good portions and presentation. The classes range from fun (drumming), challenging (mountain biking), yoga (relaxing) and everything in between. We need to go back to try out the many other activities we didn't have time for. Oh, and of course the beautiful pools. But what really makes Miraval a 5 star experience is the people. Everyone has a smile and no request went unresolved. We actually laughed about the fact that we couldn't get any Miraval employee to say no! If you are looking for a spa experience this is the place.

Room Tip: We were in the 600 block which is an upgrade. Rooms are large and the outdoor shower is great!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linda R
Hi Linda - Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent visit! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the food and our range of classes and activities. I'm proud to have a team of staff and specialists who are truly compassionate and go out of their way each and every day to make our guests have the most comfortable stay possible. We look forward to having you back to Miraval soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

Just returned from my second trip to miraval. The new spa is fabulous! However, what I love about miraval is all the interesting lectures you can attend and the challenge course. Nothing brings life in to focus better than when you are climbing up a 35 foot telephone pole :). Of course, if you want to just take in the spa that is fine. The great thing is you can make it whatever you want to. This time I went for 5 nights as last time 3 nights was not enough. 5 was good. You can always use more of course but I felt I as able to do what I wanted and still relax.
The only drawback I think is that now they charge for some lectures that used to be free. I would have liked to hear Mark speak again at his skillfully aware lecture but did not want to use my resort credit to do so, especially since I had already heard it before. I am not sure why they started charging for what I do feel is the essence of what miraval can offer. I do feel that is a shame. That said, it won't stop me from coming back to miraval. It does however, effect how I schedule my stay. No matter what, a stay at miraval is divine. I can't imagine anyone not having an amazing time. If you want to go, you should work with Donna at spa vacations. She is amazing and can definitely guide you if it is your first trip. One thing for sure, it won't be your last. You get hooked!

Room Tip: Rooms in the 100 block and 300 block are the most easily accessible to all areas of the resort.
1 Thank Ttravels13
MiravalGM, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Hi There - Thank you for writing. You're right that we have made some minor adjustments to how our guests can "spend" their resort credits and I just want to thank you for being so positive. As you know, most of our all-inclusive packages include a $150 resort credit per night of stay. This is an allowance that can be used on 80% of all spa services, private sessions with Miraval specialists, and group activities/workshops. And we are thrilled to offer more than 90 different complimentary activities each week so there's always something to do at Miraval whether you're interested in hiking, wellness, challenge activities, fitness, yoga or just lounging by the pool. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to seeing you back at Miraval again soon!
tucson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

For me the true assessement of a get away is how long I continue to experience the benefits after getting back to the reality of everyday life. It has been 3 weeks since I spent 3 days at Miraval and I continue to reap the benefits. The all inclusive, no tipping, casual attire aspects limited the need to make decisions which significantly decreased my stress level. The food choices (delicious) and availability allowed tremendous flexibility in planning your day. The atmosphere was calm and relaxing as were the spa services I received. The meditation and yoga classes further enhanced my experience as did several lectures I attended. The staff and overall service was top notch in every area of the facility. I have incorporated many things I learned during my stay into my everyday life which is why the benefits have stayed with me. I was somewhat skeptical about everything I had heard before I went. The entire experience exceeded my expectations which does not happen too often these days. I am anxious to go back to build on this fantastic experience.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Hi Karen - Thank you for writing! It sounds as though Miraval is a perfect place for you to de-stress. I couldn't be happier to hear that you have incorporated the benefits of the Miraval experience into your everyday life and continue to feel its effects weeks after your visit. That's awesome! I do hope that you visit us again soon. We'd love to have you.
Brownsboro, AL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

I went to Miraval for a 5-day vacation and have never experienced the service I got while I was there. From the minute the driver (Eddie) picked us up at the airport and brought us in, and everyone else during my stay--every single person greeted me with a smile and an offer to help. I knew I wanted a massage and was not in the least disappointed. But I also wanted to experience Spirit Flight with Dr. Tim Frank and I believe that was the ultimate highlight for me on this trip. It was an experience beyond what words can convey and left me feeling alive and connected in a way I had not experienced before. I also did his Holographic Memory Reprogramming and derived an enormous benefit from that. The cardio drumming was so much fun I am trying to get it started here in my state at the gym. The kitchen staff made our Chef's Table night one to remember. The food was awesome-some different than what I was used to--but WOW! Delicious! I am in a much better place now after having been to Miraval, and I was in a pretty good place before I arrived. Cheers to Mr. Tompkins and all the employees. You are the BEST! Thank you for giving me the opportunity to change my life.

Room Tip: I had a regular casita and it was extremely comfortable. Bed was heavenly. Sitting area outside was...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Hi Kathleen - I loved reading your review! I'm not surprised to hear that you felt moved by your sessions with Dr. Tim - he is a unique person offering a unique service. It's also nice to hear that you enjoyed our food as our culinary team is consistently striving to create new dishes with robust flavors and few calories. Our Mindful Eating cookbook is a great tool to have at home so you can recreate some of your favorite Miraval dishes all year round. I hope you come back to visit us again soon!