“Miraval is a destination resort that has it all and more”

Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 130 Hotels in Tucson
Seattle, Washington
“Miraval is a destination resort that has it all and more”
Reviewed 30 November 2012

Miraval is a destination resort that has it all and more
My wife and I have just returned from another memorable trip to Miraval, this is an extremely well run full service destination resort spa that will have you returning time and time again. They have so many services to choose from you can fill your days and still never do everything in just one visit.
I highly recommend signing up for a challenge course and the Equine experience, each person learns something different about themselves yet we are all doing the same activity. Miraval has something for everybody, you custom tailor your own experience and guest services will help you with any questions and scheduling appointments.

This resort has a casual vibe that will make you feel very comfortable; guests can even come to dinner in spa robes. The accommodations are clean and comfortable, they offer many choices. The food is great at every meal, and the restaurant staff is fast and friendly.
The spa has been renovated, the staff is very experienced friendly and helpful, there is no such thing as a bad treatment in this spa. Miraval can also be a place you can come to heal your life, this resort experience is all about You. Try one of their spiritual services it just may be the thing that helps shed your pain and restore your spirit, I recommend the Spirit Flight with Dr. Tim and Shuniya Sound Therapy with Pam, try Aqua Zen after one of these services and relax the rest of the day. Don’t miss evening meditation with Mattie; it’s a wonderful way to end your day.

Enjoy!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (305)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 November 2012

Miraval was such an incredible experience. This was my first time and I hope it was not the last. Every single detail is considered for Miraval guests. From the minute you get on the van from the airport, they greet you with five star service. The incredible staff is ready to serve at any moment to make your stay the best that it can be. The lectures, classes are so great - and every one of the people who run them are 100% focused and tuned in to the needs of the guest. They also have a subtle way of including everyone in the discussion and getting everyone to participate. The morning hikes are glorious and the grounds and everything else are simply beatiful. The room was immaculate, beautiful and so peaceful with a little outdoor patio. You are barely in the room so it doesn't matter anyway. The food was plentiful and absolutely delicious as well - not to mention smoothie and coffee bar - nice! The horse experience with Wyatt was unique and had a real impact on me that I won't soon forget. The spa services were average - Christie's facial was excellent and was the best service that I had. Can't say enough about Miraval - they really know how to do it right. And, as a solo traveler, i met the greatest people and we had some meals together and have exchanged information to stay in touch. It is a magical place and one that I will not forget.

Room Tip: Doesn't really matter - loved my room right by the pool but you cannot go wrong here. you will...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 November 2012

I have been there twice and can't say enough about the wonderful treatment that I have experienced at Miraval.
Food is amazing - need to stay longer just to try everything. The staff is always pleasant and helpful. I read that some people were upset that the spa is closed for renovations and you must use a room for your treatments. I can't say enough how nice they accommodate their guests. The rooms are beautiful, quiet and the staff is still the same qualified individuals they have always had.
I do miss the room with the view however the entire resort has a view so I didn't feel cheated.
We had a villa this time and it was so beautiful. We sat in the hot tub watching the sunset and after dinner had cocktails on our patio with the outdoor firepit burning away. I even watched a mother fox and her pups walk by early one morning.
The beds have to be the most comfortable beds I have ever slept in! So luxurious.
Perfect.

Room Tip: Villa if you can afford it!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 23 November 2012

For a once in a lifetime memory or yearly decadent gift to yourself, spend a vacation at the Miraval Arizona Resort and Spa. The breathtaking scenery, choice of relaxing services, food and committed service is not repeated anywhere.
Summer is the staff member that will meet you with sincere happiness daily that will remind you how fortunate you are to visit Miraval.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank ppl6611
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 November 2012

when I arrived at Miraval I had just gotten over something very difficult, I needed to be rejuvenated. The staff came through tenfold! Each massage is amazing and they have so many to choose from. The whole package its just magical! The beds are heavenly! there is always something new and exciting to do! I loved the swing and a prayer! this place is so special!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank Farley R
San Jose, California
Reviewed 19 November 2012

I just returned from my first visit to Miraval Resort and the worst part of the visit was getting in the shuttle to depart for the airport! This place is truly magical and provided everything I needed for rejuvenation and reflection.

The staff was readily available in baggage claim at the Tucson Airport, however, be prepared to wait if there are other flights arriving around the time of your flight. I had to wait 30 minutes before we could depart in order for the staff to gather all of the other guests who were arriving/waiting for luggage. On the drive to the resort, guests are provided with bottled water, a Miraval tote bag, water thermos, waiver form to sign, and resort guide. The driving time is just under an hour.

Upon arrival into the gated resort, you almost feel the stresses of everyday life begin to peel away. The grounds are very soothing with beautiful works of art, cactus, and water flowing throughout. You are then escorted to sit with a guest relations representative to review your stay, followed by a comprehensive tour of the property. I recommend if there are any sign-up activities that you are interested in for the day following your arrival, sign up for them while you are on the tour. The sign-up cards are posted on the board very, very early in the morning and are for the current day and the next day. When I arrived in the afternoon, for example, I immediately signed up for the next day's morning hike without any problem. I never had a problem signing up for activities and was never on a wait list only because for the remainder of my stay, I would sign up first thing in the morning (before 7am) for the following day's activity. This strategy doesn't work well for people who want to sleep in, so I heard of several people who were unable to get into activities due to too many people signing up.

The rooms were quite nice, with the softest pillows on the bed. I slept like a baby every night!
The food was FANTASTIC! Keep in mind that food is provided to you in "portion controlled" amounts when ordered from the menu, but you can always order more than one item if you're still hungry. The dining room offers a community table that many times has one of the resident specialists seated to dine and answer guest questions on the topic of their specialty. This is also a great opportunity to meet people. Breakfast and lunch is open seating, but dinner requires a reservation. I tried to make my dinner reservation each morning when I arrived for breakfast so I didn't forget. Jennifer K., by the way, was the BEST of the wait staff! I got to a point where I would request to be seated on the side of the dining room that she was working because she really made the dining experience that much more enjoyable.

The spa...what can I say. It was a retreat within a retreat. The staff at the front desk were just great as well as the staff working back in the locker room. Everyone was genuinely friendly and incredibly helpful. I scheduled my days so that I ended each day with a different spa treatment and I'm glad I did. The Thai massage with Michael was the absolute best spa treatment I have ever had...ever! I had never had a Thai massage before and now it will be my go-to treatment. Loved it! I also had a facial with Elena, who I am convinced has magic fingers! The spa has a quiet room with a beautiful view of the mountains. I recommend arriving early for treatments and taking advantage of this peaceful space.

The fitness classes were varied and plentiful and sometimes overcrowded. Melissa was my favorite instructor because of her bubbly personality and ability to really motivate you by making the classes fun even when they were hard! Alex was great for the yoga and meditation classes.

This was a solo trip for me and in talking to other solo travelers, we all agreed that coming solo was the way to go, at least for the first visit. It allows you to really focus on you. The guest demographics was varied--solo travelers, couples, girls' groups and duets, old and young. That was part of the beauty of the experience. I can't recommend this resort enough and am counting the days (and dollars!) until I can visit again!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Rajj976
California
Reviewed 15 November 2012

My last review i wrote about their potential growing pains. Well they worked out the kinks. Miraval is a fabulous retreat and way to rejuvenate. The hikes are fabulous and a great way to start the day they have off site ones for a more strenuous hike. they other classes and activities are great as well. all the mediation and yoga is wonderful, the gym classes range from easy to difficult which is great for options. they just renovated the spa and it is spectacular. the new treatments are great, the staff is wonderful. the food is great as ever and their sous chef just became their executive chef so I imagine the quality will remain the same since he has been there a long time. it is a place where you can do a lot or not but the philosophy of being mindful of what you are doing, eating and putting out in the world is the best takeaway!!!

Room Tip: all the rooms are nice. just look on the map and decide what you want to be close too: food, spa, mi...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank havefun135
MiravalGM, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 30 January 2013
Hi There - Reading your review made me smile. I’m so glad that you had such a positive experience here on your most recent visit. It sounds like you took advantage of so many great Miraval activities—hiking, meditation, yoga, and spa treatments. I'm so proud that Justin Macy is now our Executive Chef! We are going to continue to see great things from him in the future! I look forward to welcoming you back to Miraval again soon!
Regards,