Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Comfort Suites at Sabino Canyon(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$84
US$82
US$193
US$173
Best Western Royal Sun Inn & Suites(Tucson)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$256
US$272
US$264
1,336 results
All reviewsequine experiencethai massagejuice barcardio drummingfloating meditationquantum leapspirit flightchallenge courseaqua zenandrew wolfmeditation classesno tipping policylife changingpersonal growthmountain bikingcomfort zoneguest services
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2013

This is a top-notch spa. The staff is professional and attentive. The food is delicious and there is always something to eat or drink available to you. I enjoyed the classes with Wyatt, did a solo trail ride, morning hikes, photography class, chefs table, yoga, spa treatments, rock climbing and many more wonderful experiences. The rooms are well-appointed and the beds are like sleeping on a cloud. There are fire pits located around the grounds and sitting by the fire under the brilliant show of stars is a beautiful way to spend time before retiring for the night. My only frustration was that on some occasions the classes would be filled to capacity on the first come- first serve sign up sheets. And I know there were others there that were upset that their names had been erased and someone else had signed up in their place. So the honor system even in such a classy spa as this is not the best way to run things. The way to avoid missing out on a class can be to sign up for a private lesson and that gets you out of the sign up situation. I would love to return here. I spoke to others that have been back repeatedly as a single attendee, as a couple or with friends and/or family members. Love, love, loved it!

Room Tip: I doubt if there is such thing as a 'bad' room here!
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank mamanelly1
MiravalGM, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2013

Hi there - Thank you so much for your kind words! It sounds like you took advantage of a wide variety of experiences that we offer! I'm glad to hear you had such an incredible time here. Thank you for your feedback about the signup process for classes - we are always trying to optimize our processes to make sure each guest has an amazing time at Miraval. We hope to welcome you back to Miraval again soon!

Reviewed 19 May 2013

Lectures were all exceptional, as we're all the fitness instructors. spa therapies were all excellent. Missed not having a coffee maker in the room. Food is very Southwestern, not to my liking. I went with my two adult daughters and a sister in law and a niece . Everyone did what interested them and we met for meals. It was a wonderful family reunion!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Hi there - Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us. I'm glad to hear that Miraval was the location of choice for your family reunion and that you all had a wonderful time. We do have coffee makers available upon request and on your next visit, we would love to have one in your room for you upon arrival. Thank you again for writing!

Reviewed 17 May 2013

Overall, an amazing trip! The food was very good as was the service! The spa was BEAUTIFUL as well as both relaxation rooms! The outdoor challenge activities, horseback riding and photography classes were lots of fun and the lectures were enlightening. The fitness classes were average(spin for example), fun (ex-cardio drumming, dancing through the years and boxing/plie) but NOT for die heart fitness enthusiasts such as myself and my friends. The yoga was very good, aerial was fun and the yoga hike was one of the highlights of our trip. The pool was lovely and the service by the pool was very good as well. The room was small ( and our housekeeper was poor never replacing things and leaving dirty mugs)for such a pricey resort although not a problem since we were never in our room except to sleep, which by the way had the MOST COMFY bed and linens! The downside...if you are not a"preferred guest" which means you already went there FOUR TIMES,you cannot sign up for classes ahead therefore, we were shut out of MANY classes and were told besides "they" get first crack at it, the sign up sheets get posted for the rest of us between 4 and 6am! REALLY? A complaint by MANY guests we spoke to who DID wake up JUST in HOPES to sign up for a class. Imagine spending all that money and NOT get into classes the whole week? In addition, the fitness classes are only given Mo, Wed and Fri and the more mind/body classes are the rest of the days.STRESSFUL and DISAPPOINTING! Lastly, don't bother calling guest services, they don't pick up and/or don't call you back when you leave a message. If you are deciding between this resort and Canyon Ranch..Canyon Ranch has MANY MANY more fitness classes which are given EVERY day and much more challenging if you choose(they also offer different levels), if you are more into a mind/body spiritual experience including outdoor ropes course and horseback riding then this is the place for you! Enjoy!

Room Tip: Rooms in the 300's are centrally located...behind the pool, near the spa and restaurant just further away from the yoga studio.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank FitGal19

Hi there - Thank you for writing such a thorough review of your stay! I'm glad you enjoyed our new Life in Balance Spa! I'm thrilled to hear that you were able to experience our new Aerial yoga and that our unique Yoga/Hike was a highlight of your trip. I'm sorry to hear that you had issues with housekeeping and getting in touch with Guest Services. We strive for excellence in every area so I do apologize if you experienced anything less than that. Regarding fitness classes, we offer numerous fitness 7 days a week at various levels; however, Miraval is not solely a fitness oriented resort and we do place just as much emphasis on other areas such as yoga, meditation, hiking, mountain biking, wellness, nutrition, etc. We hope to see you and your friends back at Miraval on a future visit!

Reviewed 14 May 2013

I recently returned from a five night experience at Miraval and feel refreshed, rejuvenated, self-aware and at peace. The staff members are extremely kind, thoughtful and accommodating and treat their guests as if they were family. I sat in the guest services area one morning and watched as the bellman and managers welcomed returning guests by name with such enthusiasm and hugs. This is not like your typical hotel or resort experience. This is an experience that will open your mind and your heart, as well as promote rest, relaxation, connection and awareness.

I encourage anyone who is considering a visit to Miraval to go for it and book it. Take as many classes as you can (be sure to book one-on-one sessions in advance) and seek out conversations with the teachers and healers who are all so open and available. "It's Not About the Horse" is incredibly powerful and will teach you more about yourself than ever anticipated. Pam Lancaster will also move you with her support, encouragement and innate gifts.

I really thought that this trip would be about massages, time in the sun, and quiet, inner reflection for me. It is definitely all of those things - but it's also much more comprehensive.
They have really tapped into something very special.

Also, the food is DELICIOUS. Almost like art in the color and presentation. I miss the bountiful buffets!

Michael Tompkins and his team have certainly set the standard in creating lasting memories and experiences. I will definitely return & strongly encourage friends and family to go as well.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms have outdoor showers - a great experience for this New Yorker!
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank HollyJ300

Hi Holly - Wow. Thank you for writing such an incredible review of your stay. We hope that each and every guest leaves Miraval feeling just as refreshed and rejuvenated as you did. I'm glad to hear that you spent quality time with our team of specialists and enjoyed Wyatt Webb's program "It's Not About the Horse" and your session with Pam Lancaster. Both of these individuals embody the Miraval philosophy of mindfulness and life in balance. We look forward to welcoming you back to Miraval in the near future.

Reviewed 12 May 2013

We celebrated our 26th anniversary here , as well as our birthdays. This resort is beautiful and romantic. The villas are very tastefully done and have terrific views of the scenic desert landscape.
From the early morning hikes to the fun classes such as cardio drumming, Zumba, pilates, etc., this resort has many options for everyone to keep fit. After mornings of exercise, the afternoons can be filled with various therapeutic treatments in their spa. We tried the deep tissue, hot stone, as well as the Thai massage. All were fantastic and very relaxing.
The food is always fresh and delicious and the calories are listed next to each offering.
It is also nice to relax at the end of the day with a nice glass of wine.
The staff are all very knowledgeable and professional. We can't wait to return!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
MiravalGM, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2013

Hi There - Thank you so much for your review! I'm thrilled that you were able to experience so many of our classes and treatments. I'm glad you enjoyed Thai massage - it's one of my personal favorites - and hot stone massage. We are so glad that you decided to celebrate your birthdays and wedding anniversary at Miraval! We hope to see you again on a future visit.