I joined my girlfriend for 4 days at Miraval hoping, like most who come, to escape the everyday grind of the daily stresses in life. Upon arrival, I was most impressed with the location, the hotel room, the spa...everything about the grounds of this resort is exactly what you would hope.
Other pros: the fitness/yoga staff as well as the spa services. I came to work out hard in the morning and relax in the afternoon - I got exactly that. The floating meditation, Zen bootcamp, and Cardio Dance, morning hike were all highlights of the fitness classes/yoga classes I took. Additionally, I could not say more great things about the spa - the deep tissue was one of, if not the best deep tissue massage I've ever received.
It would have been a perfect trip...if it wasn't for the lack of SERVICE which has already been referenced in previous reviews. From the start of our trip, there was a tremendous amount of miscommunication about scheduling - and nobody on the client service side wanted to have accountability of seeing that the mis-scheduled events would be changed for me. There were numerous times when the staff at the front desk said they would get back to me, or "take care of it", and I woke up the next day only to find that nothing had been fixed. Additionally, it seems as though every individual on the waitstaff was either young (read: green) or quite nervous/inexperienced. At an amazing place like Miraval, guest-facing staff are THE most important aspect of the resort, I felt as though they were mismanaged.
Great location, overall good experience, terrible client service. Likely not coming back (will be seeking out other spa experiences that value "the experience", but will fondly remember my time here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa
- Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa Tucson