Miraval is in a great desert location that includes an awesome assortment of cacti. We are here in April and many cacti are in bloom. This and the desert environment is very special. Since this is a spa, my wife and I have had two terrific massages, a lovely hike through the desert (the only detraction is that it was with 59 other people) and a couple of other excellent exercise and mindfulness classes.
The problem starts with the kitchen. The breakfast and lunch is a buffet, which seems to work well. The dinner is sit down, by reservations, which must be made on that day. They encourage reservations be made that morning at breakfast. This morning, we had to wait 15 minutes to make the reservation. That was annoying, but tonight we arrived and were seated at 7:58. It is amazing that our appetizers didn't arrive until 8:58. That's right. ONE HOUR! The problem wasn't with the wait staff. They were as frustrated as we were. This is a serious management problem. This resort simply can't handle the 225+ capacity crowd that it has. Not enough folks in the kitchen, not enough tables... I can't believe that they are trying to create stress so that we'd buy another massage, but this experience was happening all around us. It became a conversation amongst guests in the restaurant. Seriously, when you are spending $1200+ per day, you shouldn't be waiting an hour for dinner after you have been seated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa
- Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa Tucson