“Excellent first visit to Miraval, will return!”

Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa
Ranked #6 of 129 Hotels in Tucson
Reviewed 13 July 2014

As a first time visitor to Miraval, I was very impressed! The property and surrounding area is so beautiful and calming. There are amazing views from the spa, pool, and yoga/meditation room of the Catalina mountains. The staff were all extremely service-oriented and friendly. There is a general "feel-good" atmosphere at the resort amongst the guests and we met some lovely people. The food was fantastic! Delicious, plentiful and lots of variety. The activities and instructors were all excellent. I highly recommend a visit to anyone interested in wellness.

I understand reviewers complaints that certain things now come at an extra cost, but as a first time visitor this really did not impact me and with the summer special pricing, I really felt that we received excellent value for what we paid. I had more than enough resort credit for everything I wanted and did not pay any additional fees.

For improvements, I suggest more regular clearing of leaves from the pool throughout the day and a few more night time activities.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank aleksawal
MiravalManager, Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Hello!
Thank you so much for travelling all the way from Canada to us! We too enjoy the beautiful views that surround our property. Chef Justin is delighted to know how much you enjoy his and his culinary team's creations. We are always looking to keep our menu of classes and activities as interesting as possible--so glad you enjoyed them. Please come and see us again soon.
Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,226)

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This was my 2nd visit to Miraval. I have been to the "other" Tucson resort 5 times, but this time Miraval was exactly what I needed. The staff and the experiences are unparalleled. I signed up for the zip line and mountain biking, and both times I realized that these "activities" are merely vehicles to learn how to live with less fear. The treatments are first rate, particularly loved bodywork by ELLA and a facial from Victoria. The hikes behind the property are amazing - the perfect way to spend the day. I met tremendous people living extraordinary lives, and we all came together to help each other move forward. It was an experience I will never forget.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank ShakaWahine

Hello! We are thrilled that you decided to try Miraval! It is true that many of the activities at Miraval move our guests to different and often deeper levels of awareness -- or what we refer to as "mindfulness." We are very proud of our providers and they are delighted to be a part of the Miraval experience. Thank you for visiting us; we hope you will visit again soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

Just returned from a 4 day visit to Miraval. It was everything that I expected and more. The classes and activities are challenging and fulfilling. Everyone on the staff was warm and welcoming. The spa experience is top notch. The food was delicious too! Its a beautiful setting and I will always remember my trip here. I hope to return someday and spend more time there.

Room Tip: Ask if you have an accessible room, the showers are a little different there.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank pghgiirl

Hello and thank you so much for your very kind words. We are so glad your time with us will be a delightful memory to cherish always. Please come and see us again soon!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

Everything is included - all meals, work-out classes, happy hours, juice bars, etc. Some rooms even come with spa treatments (ours came with one treatment a day but we were leaving pretty early on our last day so we opted for an hour and one half treatment the day before - which was amazing!) It can get very hot but they have a handful of pools to hang out at and keep cool. Never did the horse riding or ropes course but wandered around and checked it out - looked fun. Food was excellent! The menu items were especially good, and they do have a buffet for every meal as well. If you want to hang in one night they will ring you dinner in the room for a small fee. Transportation to/from Tuscon airport was very easy as well - nice man waiting for us when we landed. The private houses and the perks that come with them really make the trip (I'm sure the regular rooms are wonderful as well but this house and casita are gorgeous!) They will stock the fridge for you and schedule your treatments - whatever you want! Great concierge service. I came home a very spoiled girl!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
MiravalGM, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Hi Fran - Thank you for writing about your recent stay with us! The Miraval Villas really are gorgeous so I'm glad you enjoyed the concierge service we provided. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the spa and food during your stay as well. I do want to mention that although we do have buffet and menu options for breakfast and lunch, dinner is served in a fine dining environment. I'm glad your weekend was memorable and relaxing. We hope to welcome you back to Miraval again soon!

Reviewed 21 June 2014

This was my first visit to Miraval. It is a beautiful place, and the staff was very friendly. The food was excellent; the classes were varied and almost all were really great and as advertised. But I was there on Memorial Day weekend, and the resort seemed underprepared for the crowds. The toilet in my room had not been thoroughly cleaned. The yoga studio did not have enough supplies for a few of the better-attended classes. Also, the substitute meditation instructor did not deliver on the promises in the class description. Finally, after I left, when I called in to deal with a billing matter (which was addressed satisfactorily), the recording promised a return call in 24 hours. But it took several days and a prompting call to get the staff's attention on the matter--and an additional day or two to resolve it. I do expect promises to be kept once made, unless I am notified that keeping the promise is impossible or impracticable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Heminway

Hi there - Thank you for writing about your recent stay. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the food and activities and I want you to know that we very much appreciate your feedback about the resort feeling too crowded over the holiday weekend. It is our goal for our guests to feel relaxed and zen at Miraval so we will attempt to keep the classes smaller during those busy times. I'm also glad that we were able to handle the billing issue appropriately after your departure. Thank you again for writing. We do hope to welcome you back to Miraval for a future visit!

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Have been going to Miraval for 15 years and this is the 4th owner. It is not what it used to be and in some way only average. The toilet paper was worse than a public rest room. Towels and robes were very rough. Staff in the spa was very young and had no manners. Make up staff in the spa was very loud. My friend had a facial scheduled but the esthetician did not show up so they merely said, "Sorry!". That is not acceptable. There is no room service and no food to be found between 2 and 4. We booked spa appts thinking the snack bar would be open for a smoothie but NOPE. Very disappointing for $2500 for 4 days. I paid the final bill with a debit card after they assured me they would not draw more out……..guess what………they sure did. Took out more than $1000.00……not going back. Was goig to take a group of 12 back but not now.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
23  Thank JeanieGTX

Jeanie - I'm so sorry to read this review from you. We truly appreciate your feedback especially being such a longtime guest of Miraval. We are often making changes to our resort procedures to try and enhance the guest experience and I'm sorry that you felt so disappointed during your recent stay. I do hope that someday soon you will decide to visit Miraval again but if not, we wish you only happiness and good health in your future travels.

Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

This was my fourth trip to Miraval in the last 7 years. It is truly a wonderful, beautiful and special place. The spa treatments are incredible and the spa atmosphere is our bliss. There are many great exercise classes and terrific instructors. But compared to years past, the service is not as it used to be and there are many hidden charges for things that did not exist before. The good value comes from special theme priced visits. If you can get one if those then go by all means. But it is hard to justify the "rack" rate, which can be $1000 a day, when the service is not what it used to be.

• Stayed: April 2014
13  Thank Denise R

Hi Denise! If this past visit was your 4th visit to Miraval then I can officially welcome you into our Authentic Circle loyalty program! Thank you for being such a loyal guest. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed the spa and fitness classes during your recent stay. I appreciate your feedback about the pricing model and want to reassure you that we continue to make changes because we want to insure we can continue to offer the wide variety of life-changing activities to our guests. Your feedback is a very important part of this process so again, thank you for sharing with us. Looking forward to seeing you on a future visit!