I just got back from a 4 day stay at Miraval with 8 girlfriends. This was the most fantastic girls getaway I have experienced! Incredible from beginning to end. I will try to do it justice with this review.
First, if coming from a different time zone, I would recommend flying in the night before and staying at a hotel near the airport (not the Fairfield Inn...It was terrible). The Miraval van picked us up at 9:00 AM Sunday morning and we were at the resort by 10:00 so that we could enjoy a full day.
We were handed fresh fruit smoothies when we arrived and were checked in. We took the tour of the property (I highly recommend this as the property is large with lots of amenities) including the tour of the spa.
There is so much too do that it is tempting to go all day but I recommend planning in some down time. Good places to relax are the reflexology pool which is shaded all day and has these rocks that you can walk on to massage your feet. Another great location for some down time is the relaxation room at the spa. It is a quiet zone so no talking, music, distractions.
Every activity I participated in was first class. The first day I lazed around and had a 50 minute relaxation massage with Chrystal. She was wonderful. She customized my massage based on what I told her I liked. We made a 7:00 PM reservation for dinner each night and ate outside 3 of 4 nights and it was cool enough even in August. The last night we all came in our robes and ate inside. The food was soooo good! We started each night with a few flat breads to share and then had an appetizer and main course. The filet was perfect, the quail I would pass on.
The second day, I had a private "Optimal Fitness Diagnostic" session with Andrew Wolf. He ran some tests and then build a 12 week heart rate work out for me based on my heart rates and body fat. It was well worth the fee.
Cardio Drumming was an absolute blast! I did it twice and it was a great workout and loads of fun!
I attended the cooking demonstration at lunch. Get there early if you want a seat. It was wonderful!
On Tues and Wed I did the 6:00 AM Outback Hike. It was a very good 2 hour workout and the sights were breathtaking. The guides pointed out wildlife (we saw a jackrabbit, snakes and heard coyotes) and explained the plants and plains.
The floating Meditation was peaceful and lovely. We were instructed how to climb into silk type hammocks hanging from the ceiling. We were only about 3 feet from the floor. Once in our silk sheets, the instructor gently swung us and then hit different hollow bowls that vibrated and soothed us while we meditated.
I had a neck, shoulder and foot massage with Rick who was also a wonderful therapist, able to go quite deep if you want.
I attended a balance workshop and found out I have no balance! I will now introduce balance exercises into my daily routine.
The menopause workshop I attended with on RN who specialized in menopause. Only 2 of us attended so it was a private session. She answered all of my questions and provided some very good recommendations.
One of my friends did "Swing and a Prayer" and really got a lot out of it. Another friend did the Equine Experience and was very moved by it.
My last massage was with Tama. She was the only therapist that I did not enjoy. She just could not go deep enough. I asked 3 times and finally just counted down the minutes until it was over.
Don't use her!
On the last morning, we had breakfast and asked for to go boxes that we filled and took with us to the airport so we had lunch on the plane.
We are already planning our next trip to Miaval!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the warm shade of the Santa Catalina Mountains in northern Tucson, on 400 acres of idyllic land, Miraval Resort & Spa is an award-winning luxury destination retreat dedicated to opening eyes, minds, and hearts. Personalized attention, sumptuous casita-style guest accommodations, and the Life in Balance Spa continuously help Miraval garner accolades from SpaFinder, Travel + Leisure, and Condé Nast Traveler.Miraval’s innovative Life in Balance Spa features unique, mind-body treatments such as Spirit Flight, Naga Thai, and Utopia. Outside of the spa, additional rejuvenating experiences such as healthful cuisine prepared by award-winning chefs, integrative wellness programs, fitness pursuits, and challenge activities are designed to physically and spiritually reconnect Miraval guests on the path to a life in balance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Miraval Arizona Resort And Spa
- Miraval Arizona Hotel Tucson
- Miraval Arizona Tucson
- Miraval Life In Balance Resort Spa
- Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa Tucson