“Life in Balance...the one place where I truly unwind”

Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa
Ranked #7 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Life in Balance...the one place where I truly unwind”
Reviewed 26 February 2011

Been visiting this spot for rejuvenation, relaxation and transitions in life for years but the best compliment on this resort came from my "non spa like" husband, Ken....

"As you know I am not the foo-foo style, or guru seeking kind, however, I can honestly say this is the only spa I have ever been able to totally 100% enjoy being at."

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nfaust57
bpurvis1, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 10 March 2011
First of all, thank you for returning to Miraval again and again over the years! We often say that Miraval is "much more than a spa" and your husband Ken's words speak to that. With our extensive programming like wellness lectures, fitness, hiking, mountain biking, etc., Miraval can be a life-changing and enjoyable vacation for everyone - spa enthusiasts and non-spa enthusiasts alike. We look forward to welcoming you both back to Miraval soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 16 February 2011

I will recommend this resort to anyone who wants to get away of the city life and need to relax and to learn about yourself.
You should try the Quantum Leap II.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank PierreZonzon
Thanks so much for sharing! It's true that we are a retreat from the "big city" and a place for personal growth - especially on our challenge course as you mention Quantum Leap II. We hope to have you back at Miraval again soon!
3sticks
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Returning from a return to Miraval and have to say the resort gets better and better every time I stay there. Updated dining room, spotless grounds, clean and comfortable rooms and the most amazing works of art on the walls. This was all topped off by the fact that the weather was perfect and allwed me to leave winter at home to enjoy the spring like temperatures and chirpping birds everywhere. This was a very welcome change to drudgery of winter at home. What I love about Miraval is the way the staff seem to anticipate your every need and want and the overall tranquil energy of this property. If you have never been to Miraval, you need to book a trip and try it out, so worth it!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank 3sticks
It's so great to hear about your recent visit to Miraval and that you noticed and appreciated our ever-changing art installations. Thanks for sharing your positive experience with our team - it's true that we do our best to anticipate our guests' every need. And as warm weather during the Winter months is something we've got plenty of, I'm glad that you could escape the cold and come down to Miraval. I hope to see you back at Miraval again soon!
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Miraval is the one and only place where I can effectively tune out the world and tune in to a source of healing and peace. From the moment I see the breathtaking Catalina mountains and hear the symphony of birds while sipping an iced tea on the patio--my entire body, mind and spirit begin to "let go". If there is a heaven on earth, for me, it's this place. It is not only a sanctuary of relaxation and rejuvenation, but also place of transformation. Miraval’s team of expert practitioners and the services they offer are, with out a doubt , the best I’ve ever encountered. The staff have an innate sense of how to care for their guests that makes one feel like part of an extended family. There may be other wonderful spas and resorts to choose from...but there's nothing like Miraval.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
Your words are beautifully written. Thank you so much for taking the time to share about your Miraval experience. I'm proud to be a part of the Miraval team and believe wholeheartedly in this place as a source of healing, rejuvenation, and personal growth. Thank you again for your beautiful words; and, we hope to have you back at Miraval soon.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 14 February 2011

I just returned from yet another fantastic ttrip to Miraval. Miraval is a very special place. Their programs and spa offerings are some of the best I have ever experienced and I have stayed at some of the best spa's in the country. The food and service is always exceptional. I particularly love the special attention that each spa technician/specialist gives you. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
Thanks so much for the kudos! It's great to hear that each massage therapist, specialist, and staff member that you interacted with helped to provide the personalized Miraval experience we strive to create for each of our guests. I look forward to your next visit!
Arlington Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 14 February 2011

If you want to find yourself, then Miraval is THE PLACE TO GO! I have been to Miraval more than once, and each time is a little bit better for me than the last. I have learned so much about myslef and how to decompress after a hard day or any sttressful situation.
I was in an accident 34 years ago, and have had a limp ever since, but after spending time with Randy Flora, (Personal Trainer ) at Miraval, I no longer have a limp.
Everyone who works at Miraval, from the GM, Michael Tompkins, to trainers, counselors, wait staff, guest Relations down to house keeping, is beyond wonderful. They will do everything in their power to make you stay as Pleasurable and wonderful as possible.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
bpurvis1, General Manager at Miraval Arizona Resort & Spa, responded to this review, 4 March 2011
You are so kind! Hearing your story about how Randy helped you recover from a longstanding injury is exactly why I love my job and believe in what we do here at Miraval. Our specialists are absolutely amazing and stories like yours are unforgettable. I can't thank you enough for sharing about your experience. We so looking forward to having you back at Miraval soon!
Chapin, South Carolina
Reviewed 13 February 2011

I had been looking at Miraval for several years but was given the trip as a gift from my daughter. I was concerned about being there alone-but need not have been. I met some really wonderful women traveling alone and a few couples but still had plenty of time to myself when I chose. I think the very best thing was amazing solitude! But being able to stay in exercise clothing or spa robes-even during meals-made the whole experience relaxing. I thoroughly enjoyed the conference with Dr. Andrew Weil and all the other courses offered at the resort on a variety of health and wellness topics. But the best experiences were the Zip-Line and Equine Experience. Who knew I could climb a 45ft pole? And of course, the time spent with the horses was rewarding in a number of ways. There seemed to be so much food-even though portion sizes were not my usual-but I enjoyed every bite and was never, ever hungry! Staff members were always helpful-and a special mention of Alan, the young man who transported me too and from the airport. He prepared me well for how to navigate the resort and was simply kind and very friendly. I would go back to Miraval on his service alone! My initial stay was to be 5 nights but I extended to 7 because I was enjoying my time so much! Will hopefully return when my stressful life catches up with me again!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
Thank you so much for sharing about your recent stay! I'm so glad to hear that you had such a wonderful time here with everything from the food to the airport transfers all the way down to the Zipline on our challenge course! The Equine Experience is a signature Miraval offering that has been helping our guests for many years and I love hearing from you that it continues to be so powerful and supportive. We so look forward to your next visit!