This was a challenging vacation at a resort that didn't meet my expectations. I had a confirmed one bedroom exchange through Interval International. When I checked in at Starr Pass, I was given a key to my unit. I went to the unit and couldn't open the door with the key. Had to return to the front desk; was given another key and told an engineer would meet me there. He was able to open the door, but upon entering I realized it was a studio, not a one bedroom. Returned again to the front desk and showed my confirmation for the one bedroom. I was told that Interval International (II) had notified them that I was confirmed for a studio. Next morning after calling II, I was told that Starr Pass WAS notified of my one bedroom confirmation. Calling the front desk once again, I was told they didn't have any one bedrooms available. Then I was told I could be moved to another room, a one bedroom, in a couple days. After the hassle of moving to another room, the toilet in that room was leaking and I woke up to a wet bathroom floor. They opened the door to the attached studio so I could use the bathroom in there while the toilet was being fixed. A couple days later, late in the evening, someone from the resort staff entered unannounced into the attached studio, checking to see if it was occupied. Needless to say, this was a very difficult situation at a resort where I had high expectations. I also had a problem trying to enter the pool my first day there because the key card didn't work. I kept thinking -- what else could possibly go wrong? The resort did attempt a remedy by banking an extra week in my II account. Still, I felt they could have done more given the amount of hassle I suffered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Starr Pass Golf Suites is a Southwest vacation jewel. At the heart of the resort is the celebrated Starr Pass Golf Course a 27-hole Arnold Palmer Signature Golf Facility. Its desert style layout and dramatic terrain challenges golfers of all skill levels. Starr Pass Golf Suites is also perfect for a family getaway, hiking, or those seeking to enjoy the culture and adventure of the old southwest. The magnificent views from your spacious casita include natural desert landscaping drenched in 350 days of sunshine per year. A 75-foot heated Olympic swimming pool, whirlpool and fitness center are just the beginnings of a full array of amenities. Come see all the Tucson foothills have to offer at this southwest getaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Starr Pass Golf Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Starr Pass Golf Hotel Tucson
- Starr Pass Hotel
- Starr Pass Resort
- Starr Pass Golf Suites Tucson, Arizona