“kayleighs favourite place” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 128 Hotels in Tucson
Liverpool
“kayleighs favourite place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2012

what a fantastic holiday , from the moment we got there to the moment we left the staff couldnt have been any friendlier from juan on reception, tims friendly service, lisa at the dog house ,mike, mark and karen (wranglers) they all made the whole holiday a memorable experience my daughter kayleigh rode every day from nice gentle walks in the mountains to going for a lope with mike or mark,we even tried to round up some cattle ,we enjoyed every part of the ranch from the swimming pool to the great food and outdoor barbeque i cant praise the ranch enough very well organised but we felt so at home with the staff and horses , after being at the ranch for a week we then went on to miami for a week but we should have stayed at the ranch for the 2 weeks . we will defenitley go back soon.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeoffreyFCampbell, Director of Operations at Tanque Verde Ranch, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
We are happy that we are Kayleigh's favorite place! I will pass your kind comments to Juan, Tim, Mike, Lisa, Mark and Karen. I agree you should have stayed an extra week! We cannot wait to see you again soon. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback with us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

This place offers something for everyone, even those not interested in horse riding. The activities range from sedate fishing, and sunbathing to mountain biking and exhilarating loping rides. The horses are well cared for and in the main very predictable and steady mounts. The casita rooms whilst further away from the dining room and corale are definitely the best choice. Sunrise over the desert is awesome.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeoffreyFCampbell, Director of Operations at Tanque Verde Ranch, responded to this review, 27 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review! It sounds like you had ample time to try many of the exciting programs we have to offer. It is one of our goals to ensure EVERYONE has a great time on the Ranch, even those that are not into the riding program. We consider our horses part of the team, so they get great perks! Thank you again for staying with us and I cannot wait to see you again soon.
Lincs
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

This was a new type of holiday for my family of 3! Away from the usual sun, sea and sand we wanted something different and special and we got it!!!! August is a hot time of year to go but also a quieter time and that was perfect. What I really appreciated was even thought the ranch wasn't full nothing changed - nothing gets cancelled. We still sat by the pool one evening and watched the Lone Ranger on the big screen - such a funny night :-). Although my 14 year old daughter rides and I had as a child my husband had never been on a horse! This was irrelevent as the wranglers are so used to every type of rider (een very nervous ones) and are amazing. They had a great sense of humour (even understanding our British humour) and showed a deep care and love for the horses. We stayed for 10 days which was perfect as it gave us time to get into the riding and enjoy it. Taking a stunning ride to the outoor breakfast twice a week was wonderful. We also went fishing, mountain bike riding and hiking. The ranch has such a relaxed and friendly atmosphere and there is something for everyone if they want it and a wonderful pool for those times you just want to lay out and bake:-) We had a great room with views overlooking the mountains - blissful! The food was fantastic - my 14 year old daughter still keeps talking about the amazing steaks and desserts and I keep looking at my expanded waist line :-) For the first time ever we found a holiday that suited all 3 of us and for the first time ever have all said we will be back! We met super people at the communal tables which were a great option and had fun in the Saloon with them in the evening. Lisa, who ran the saloon was hilarious! All the staff were friendly, informative and great fun. Sitting outside the nature centre watching those gorgeous little humming birds was beautiful and I started to recognise them on the rides. I laughed so much at the 'baby' rattle snakes in the centre :-) I could go on and on and on about this place as it far exceeded our expectations! We expected to hire a car for a few days once there and go off to places (we did it once and went to Tombstone, which was brilliant) but found we didn't want to miss out by leaving the Ranch. Thank you to all at the ranch for providing my family with such a superb memory :-)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeoffreyFCampbell, Director of Operations at Tanque Verde Ranch, responded to this review, 3 September 2012
It is our pleasure to provide you with such a "superb" memory! Thank you so much for writing about your experience. Lisa is always providing entertainment in the Dog House. I will be sure to pass along your compliments. Our Wranglers are the best in the industry, they have wonderful memories likewise and share their stories about the guests with me. There really is nothing like relaxing and watching nature come at you in all directions. One of my most fond places is sitting in that very bench watching the humming birds gather in numbers and go on and about their business as if you are not even there. In the bird ramada on the nature trail, if you shut down the smart phone, tune out the distractions of the busy world out there, you notice a change. Rattlesnakes slowly inch past you and coil in their "snake puddles" waiting in the pre dusk cool desert air for dinner. Often times on the way to the Cottonwoods BBQ, you can spot them if you know where to look and are patient. The birds forget you are sitting there under the ramada and start communicating as they gather their seeds and prepare for the aromatic nightfall of the beautiful and enchanting Sonoran Desert experience. I am glad you love this place. We love it too. And; we love our horses, just as you mentioned. We enjoy watching the sunsets with them and sharing the guest experience with them too. Thank you for staying with us and we will see you next time!
Matlock, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2012

My son and I stayed here for a week in August. We had one of the most enjoyable holidays ever. My son went to the kids club every day and had the same pony to ride every day. The counsellors were excellent and he did a variety of activities including arts and crafts, learning how to lasso and fishing. As a single mum it was nice to have a communal dining table so that I had other people to talk to at meal times. The food was excellent and the staff always helpful.
Our room was spacious and comfortable although the bathroom was a little tired.
The wildlife was a real surprise and the excellent and knowledgeable staff in the nature centre helped immensely with our appreciation. The only thing I would say is there needs to be a larger TV in the nature centre to show the informative videos.
The riding was fantastic and all the wranglers were amazing, they really made the experience more enjoyable if possible. I particularly enjoyed the team penning and seeing coyotes during the ride was a bonus. I have left with memories that will last a lifetime.
We were so sad to leave but will be back for certain next year, I think for longer than a week this time.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeoffreyFCampbell, Director of Operations at Tanque Verde Ranch, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
I am so glad you both had a great time! The wildlife is amazing and there is always something new to see everytime. We agree about many of our bathrooms. We are in the process of remodeling them with more modern features and lighting. I am sure you will love them when you visit again. We too are sad to see you go but look forward to seeing you next time! Thank you for staying with us and writing about your experience.
Halifax, UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2012

We stayed for 4 nights at the end of June, widh we had stayed longer, we stayed in a Saguaro Suite with a Jacuzzi Bath Tub, seperate bedroom, huge living room with 2 double pull down beds, not that we needed them but would be ideal for a larger parties. We were certainly blown away with the suite and the amazing view of the mountains from our patio outside. The Ranch was very quiet, due to the time of year but we loved it, very relaxed atmosphere round the resort. we did the Breakfast ride and BBQ and have to say the food was amazing, the restaurant served the best food ever, freshly made and well presented, At Breakfast you can help yourself to fruit/cereal and juices and order a hot cooked breakfast from the comfort of your table. Lunch if you were still hungry was buffet style and had a tempting selection of desserts to die for. Evening meal was A la Carte with huge portions, we never went hungry when we were there. The Ranch has a Mexican room adjacent to the restaurant that had pastries/cookies available 24/7 and soft drinks, coffee and a really tastey Hot Chocolate! There are water stations around the ranch to fill up your water bottles that you get in your room on arrival. I really dont get some of the negative reviews that dislike the food, and service, what planet are you on??? we found everyone really friendly and they could not do enough to make our stay more enjoyable. A good tip would be to bring a small torch to use on a night when making your way back to your room as some rooms are a 5 minute walk from the ranch and the paths can be dark in places. You may want to check your bathroom floor on a night when returning as we found a Scorpion trying to climb out of the sink one night, we were managed to flush it back down, but really should have called reception to come and remove it, the next day the maid found one on the bathroom floor and kindly removed it for us, maybe it was the same one we saw the night before! after that we put the plugs down in the sinks/bath and saw no more, I guess its all part of the Ranch, Desert experience but would not put us off returning.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank paulio
, Director of Operations at Tanque Verde Ranch, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
I am so glad you loved our food and beverage experience. Our Chef and his crew take great pride in preparing amazing meals made from scratch. I know it gets REALLY dark at night here at the ranch. Our neighbors are the Saguaro National Monument and Coronado National Forest, so light polution is never a problem at the ranch. We do have flashlights at the front desk for this very reason. We will have one for you when you return. There is no better time to visit the ranch than anytime really! It is a nice change of pace during the Summer and the Sonoran Desert offers abundant beauty each and every day of the year. Thank you so much for your glowing review and staying with us. I look forward to seeing you next time!
Tucson
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

every summer through oct 31 they have a special bed and breakfast deal for tucson locals. fantastic!!. the grounds are beautiful, there are many activities--some you pay such as horsebackriding--others such as nature walks, evening presentations, hiking are free. breaskfast consists of fruits, juice, oatmeal yoghurt cereal etc and pancakes and eggs, french toasts, meats cooked to order. dinner there is delicious but fairly expensive--35$ per person. we prefer to bring cold foods and eat on our patio overlooking the desert. The beautiful Douglas Springs trail is a quarter of a mile. there is a lake and plenty of walking trails. the staff consists of some of the most helpful people i have ever met. what a getaway just on the edge of town!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
GeoffreyFCampbell, Director of Operations at Tanque Verde Ranch, responded to this review, 17 June 2012
Thank you so much for your local review! I am glad you enjoyed our service and products. I hope you visit us again soon neighbor!
london
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

My family and I are currently at Tanque Verde Ranch and I can honestly say, I've tried hard and can not fault the place. Really can not understand any negative comments at all. The staff are fantastic - everyone has been friendly, helpful and kind.

The horse riding is very well-organised and as 4 absolute beginners, we didn't expect to go very far, but within half an hour Mike had us miles from the ranch on a walk ride.We were thrilled at the beautiful scenery we rode through.

Everything about the place is well-cared for and comfortable. We were extremely satisfied with the level of amenities in the rooms and the views are spectacular.

The food is plentiful and of excellent quality and the service is friendly and fast.

We are still having a great time here and wholeheartedly recommend it.

Room Tip: We stayed at rooms 44 & 45. More like suites than rooms and the viws from the patio are beautifu...