Let me start by saying that my wife and I LOVED the ranch very much. Everything was wonderful. Our Casita was nice, the staff were excellent and the food was tasty and plentiful.
I am not a horse rider, but my wife is. For our 27th wedding anniversary we spent 5 nights at Tanque Verde. Even though riding is not my thing, the lessons were useful, the rides were enjoyable and exciting. The mountain ride was especially challenging and you finish with a sense of accomplishment. We cannot think of a single thing we didn't like. The fellow guests were wonderful and came from many walks of life. We spent many hours telling stories with our new friends. Of course, you will find the occasional poser, with the fancy outfits and designer western wear, but they were few and far between.
Before going to the ranch and again before writing this, I reviewed all the negative reviews. It's funny how people can view the same place differently. If you do your research ahead of time, then most of the bad reviews could have been avoided.
First of all, this is a RANCH. Not so much a resort or hotel. If no one in your group like horses, don't go there. The scenery is Arizona. Desert like with hills, sand and cacti. Very different from Ohio, with gorgeous sunrises and sunsets. There is no TV in the rooms. GOOD. Getting away from the screaming commercials for a few days is a good thing. If you MUST sit brain dead in front of the TV, there is one in the main lodge. I saw it on a couple times, but no one was watching it. If you do half the activities they offer here, you will be asleep by 10pm anyway. We didn't try the spa, but it looked nice. All the facilities we used were great. Pool, hot tub, Tennis, Pickleball, Volleyball and Horse Shoes.
The food way very good. The BBQ was great, and the picnic style breakfast and lunch were also excellent. If you don't like eating great food outside in gorgeous weather with nice people, maybe you should stick to the happy meal in front of your tv.
Tanque Verde is not for everyone. Read the reviews. Get a feel for what they have there. Call them and ask questions.
We had a wonderful time, and no matter how tired and sore I was every night, I looked forward to the next days activities. We hope to return to Tanque Verde next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tanque Verde Ranch Resort was named "Best Dude Ranch in Arizona" by Dude Republic in 2012, as well as a "Top Ten Family Resort" by the Travel Channel since 2007, and a "Top Five Ranch" by Conde Nast in 2008. Tanque Verde Ranch is one of America’s old time cattle and guest ranches. Located on 60,000 acres of Tucson’s most breathtaking desert landscapes, nestled amongst the Rincon Mountains and adjacent to Saguaro National Park and Coronado National Forest. Established in 1868, the superb guest ranch is recognized as the last luxurious outpost of the old west providing guests with plush accommodations, unparalleled amenities and a vast array of exciting activities such as horseback riding, mountain biking, fishing and hiking. La Sonora Spa is the perfect place for a bit of quiet relaxation, and the kids will love all the supervised children's programs! Don't hesitate – getaway at one of the premier, all-inclusive dude ranches in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Visit Barbados, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Tanque Verde Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanque Verde Ranch Hotel Tucson
- Tanque Verde Ranch Tucson, Arizona