We visited Tanque Verde ranch with our thirteen year old son and another couple who had a thirteen year old daughter. It was spring break and we wanted to do something different. None of us had recent horseback riding experience but we were attracted by the variety of activities. After a colder than normal winter, we also looked forward to warmer weather. The ranch was at capacity and we had the smaller rooms. The room had two queen beds, table, comfortable chair, walk-in closet with small refrigerator and small bath. The room was in the Quail Hollow section which was a u shaped cluster of rooms with a lovely courtyard, fountain and lounge chairs which was unique among the other units. With no televisions and all the things to do don't get more room than you need because you won't be spending a lot of time there.
The food was wonderful. Well prepared and a nice variety. The Sunday lunch was exceptional with oysters on the half shell, shrimp and salmon along with hot entrees. The outdoor cookouts at the cottonwood were lots of fun and don't miss the breakfast ride even if you walk to the serving area.
I must commend the ranch on the quality of horses and the care taken to assess skill levels before permitting you to participate in trotting and loping. Even walking rides travelled rough trails that provided beautiful scenery and thrills. Each day you could choose a variety of riding activities, hiking, mountain biking or tennis. A nice pool, spa and fitness center were also available. Many learning opportunities about the area and wildlife were also offered. The wranglers and staff were friendly and helpful. We shared a special bond with Jake and Kathy as she was from Tennessee. Jake led several of our rides and was a great guide. Juan, the dining room supervisor, was pressed into transportation the day we arrived and his pleasant welcome set the tone for the entire stay. Our children loved the place and never missed television or video games. We can see why many guests are return customers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tanque Verde Ranch Resort was named "Best Dude Ranch in Arizona" by Dude Republic in 2012, as well as a "Top Ten Family Resort" by the Travel Channel since 2007, and a "Top Five Ranch" by Conde Nast in 2008. Tanque Verde Ranch is one of America’s old time cattle and guest ranches. Located on 60,000 acres of Tucson’s most breathtaking desert landscapes, nestled amongst the Rincon Mountains and adjacent to Saguaro National Park and Coronado National Forest. Established in 1868, the superb guest ranch is recognized as the last luxurious outpost of the old west providing guests with plush accommodations, unparalleled amenities and a vast array of exciting activities such as horseback riding, mountain biking, fishing and hiking. La Sonora Spa is the perfect place for a bit of quiet relaxation, and the kids will love all the supervised children's programs! Don't hesitate – getaway at one of the premier, all-inclusive dude ranches in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Visit Barbados, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd, Splitty, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Tanque Verde Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanque Verde Ranch Hotel Tucson
- Tanque Verde Ranch Tucson, Arizona