My wife and I stayed at the Lodge for our anniversary. Needless to say the place did not live up to its web page. The room was dark and freezing cold and we could not control the temperature in the room. The pool was as warm as most bath tubs and difficult to get in and out of for those who are mobility challenged. Plus, a local swim club was holding practice while we were there. Maintenance work disturbed our rest and recreation. We did not get what we had made reservations for and were told there was nothing else available. We had booked in advanced. The main gate did not have our name on their reservation list for the day of arrival and I had to prove we had reservations there to the gate guard. The signage to find the place did not agreed with what was on the web page so we ended up driving around to find the entrance. The refrigerator in the room looked like it hadn't been defrosted in ages and worked poorly. The furniture, except for the beds, was uncomfortable and looked like it came from a local thrift store. Housekeeping started knocking on the door at 8 in the morning so put out the do not disturb sign. The pool was located almost a quarter mile from the lodge proper and really offered little in amenities. The so called CD player in the room was an off brand and poor quality. I don't know where they took the pictures of the rooms on their web pages but ours didn't even come close. You only have one option for eating there and it has limited service. Plan on going into town for meals or up to Ventana Canyon resort for meals. Although you can cook in your room plan on bringing everything you need including dish soap. Pray they restock the complimentary coffee and tea in the morning.
It wasn't all bad. The shower was in the bathroom was great. However we froze when we stepped out.
I doubt we will ever go back there. My high hopes for surprising my wife for our anniversary ended up being somewhat of a nightmare after the experience. We actually looked forward to leaving. What does that tell you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Against the dramatic backdrop of the Santa Catalina Mountains, stately ancient saguaros lift their arms to the sky, a myriad of fascinating wildlife scurries about the Sonoran desert landscape and all is right with the world. Nestled in this pristine setting is the perfect vacation destination, the Lodge at Ventana Canyon, with 50 cozy one or two bedroom guest suites. We invite you to make the Lodge your home away from home. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lodge at Ventana Canyon reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge At Ventana Canyon Hotel Tucson
- Hotel At Ventana Canyon
- Resort At Ventana Canyon
- Lodge Ventana Canyon
- Lodge At Ventana Canyon Tucson, Arizona